Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

The play calling was downright brutal at times. Giving Orton the option to dump it off for one yard on just about every third down is brutal. You want underneath options but they gave Orton every reason to throw it for a short gain and trot off the field.

The third down conversion rate remained unchanged throughout the season for this and other reasons. You have to make your QB make plays.

And the running scheme was brutal. That's a mixture of injuries and play calling.

Play calling isn't done in a vacuum. It's a function of situation and available personnel. He may very well suck but there is absolutely no way to evaluate him given what he had to work with.

Play calling isn't done in a vacuum. It's a function of situation and available personnel. He may very well suck but there is absolutely no way to evaluate him given what he had to work with.

Disagree completely and am certainly glad there are those paid millions to evaluate. I'm not saying I'm right about my evaluation, but there is absolutely plenty to evaluate. If there wasn't guys would beg for jobs where there is no talent. They would never have to face evaluation or termination.

Who wants Brandon and Whaley back?

This was a classic loser team loss.

Clean house Terry. Send 'em packing.

I would prefer to clean house, but I assume it's not coming.

Since they'll probably give this group another chance at least bring in a different offensive mind and add some talent at QB/Oline. Next year? Playoffs or bust.

Who wants Brandon and Whaley back?

This was a classic loser team loss.

Clean house Terry. Send 'em packing.

I there is a god, everyone will be fired. There are too many good players on this team to let them be wasted by our front office and coaching staff.

Whaley has put together a good team, why are people advocating shipping him off after our first .500 season in nearly a decade? Preston Brown, Kiko Alonso, Shwartz, letting Byrd walk...the guy can put a team together. He made one mistake in EJ

Whaley has put together a good team, why are people advocating shipping him off after our first .500 season in nearly a decade? Preston Brown, Kiko Alonso, Shwartz, letting Byrd walk...the guy can put a team together. He made one mistake in EJ

Whaley has made some nice moves, but drafting EJ and then showing confidence in him by going all-in on Watkins compounded that mistake.

You don't change a culture by holding over some guys. Also, I don't care what happened a decade ago.

Two thing went wrong with this team in Hackett an the QB and everyone wants to revert back to Chan Gailey and Donahughe, or however the hell you spell it.

Oh. I missed the part where everybody said let's hire the old guys again. That'd be nuts... If anybody ever said it.

I there is a god, everyone will be fired. There are too many good players on this team to let them be wasted by our front office and coaching staff.

It is going to be interesting to see what Terry Pegula does. I have to think he learned from his Sabres experience (left everyone in place only to later make changes). I think this time he might put his own guys in place from the start.

Whaley has made some nice moves, but drafting EJ and then showing confidence in him by going all-in on Watkins compounded that mistake.

You don't change a culture by holding over some guys. Also, I don't care what happened a decade ago.

One gamble in EJ, one freaking move that went wrong, and we should can him. He took a chance and gave him every opportunity to succeed, and even then found a auitable backup in Orton just in case. The roster is still as talented we've seen since Kelly, and would be 12-4 or 11-5 if not for bad qb play

Oh. I missed the part where everybody said let's hire the old guys again. That'd be nuts... If anybody ever said it.

I encourage you to read through every page the forum has to offer just in case. You can get back to me in July when you're done to tell me my exaggeration wasn't warranted

The quarterback position is the most important position in football. Failure to address it PROPERLY is a fire able offense.

Trading two first round picks for a WR is a fire able offense.

The Mike Williams trade was questionable at best. Likely on Marrone for not playing him but acquiring a guy who has a bad history with your coach isn't a good plan.

I like Whaley. But if you're going to make some moves you clean house. Don't keep letting the old guard have a few holdovers. Change the culture completely.

I will be okay with whatever moves are made. Each side has a legitimate argument.

One gamble in EJ, one freaking move that went wrong, and we should can him. He took a chance and gave him every opportunity to succeed, and even then found a auitable backup in Orton just in case. The roster is still as talented we've seen since Kelly, and would be 12-4 or 11-5 if not for bad qb play

Building a talented roster without a QB doesn't get you much farther than having no talent at all in today's NFL.

He hasn't done a single thing to improve the running game. He didn't find a replacement for Spiller after it was obvious last year that he wasn't going to cut it, he didn't do anything to find a replacement after Spiller went down and left it all up to Jackson and he didn't find a replacement for when Jackson got hurt. All this lead to riding the passing game which made it much easier for the opposing teams to come up with a game plane. Orton attempted 35+ passes in 7 of 11 games, 40+ passes in 5 of 11. With a marginal offensive line and a QB with a scrambling weakness........... that is a recipe for disaster when you're down to the 3rd and 4th string RB's. Even when Freddie did play, he couldn't take the full workload.

Orton dd fine. Not great, but fine. The lack of a running game to balance out an offense and an undisciplined team are the reasons they have early tee time this year. Orton wasn't great but I'd go out on a limb and say the Bills would have been out of a playoff spot 4 weeks ago if EJ were the starter all year.

What does that get ya?

Marrone never looks confident. Not a good look. Some of the things he says makes him seem like he lacks confidence and is way too self-conscious.

A coach with presence, to me, means a guy who isn't afraid to stick his neck out there for his players. Takes risks and backs it up with confidence.

Only good coach I can think of who looks like he lacks confidence is Belichick but he makes the calls that show otherwise.

You would *think* Pegula would have learned his lesson with Regier and Ruff... and apply that learning to the Bills.

Brandon and Whaley should be replaced..... One of the reasons the Bills are in such a sorry state is thanks to personnel decisions that Brandon has made over the years.

I'd be happy if they completely cleaned house and got rid of everybody. If we can some how still finish 9-7 I'd be ok with giving Whaley and Marrone one more season but Hackett would have to go first. I don't think that's likely though.

Pegula needs to bring in some sort of outside expert or group of experts and evaluate every aspect of the organization from Brandon and Whaley all the way down to whoever sells hot dogs and replace not just the people who are doing poorly but every person they feel replacing would lead to overall improvement.

I'd be happy if they completely cleaned house and got rid of everybody. If we can some how still finish 9-7 I'd be ok with giving Whaley and Marrone one more season but Hackett would have to go first. I don't think that's likely though.

Pegula needs to bring in some sort of outside expert or group of experts and evaluate every aspect of the organization from Brandon and Whaley all the way down to whoever sells hot dogs and replace not just the people who are doing poorly but every person they feel replacing would lead to overall improvement.

I recommend the highly regarded firm: Benson, Batista, and Black.