Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

This seems like the typical NE game. Cincy rolls in on a high and the Pats knock them back. Bank it. NE wins this game.

I highly doubt NE wins against the Bengals. I will be thoroughly surprised.

Nothing like a NE game to knock this city back to reality.

Everyone that was heaping dirt on the Patriots should drop their shovels.

Edited by wjag

Yes. If Watkins doesn't make a couple obscene catches, the narrative isn't that Orton does enough to win--it becomes about his inaccuracy not putting us in a position to win. Same can be said for if the Lions lineman makes like JJ Watt with the pass that hit him in the hands.

Gotta love that word, "if".....since none of your "ifs" happened your comments are irrelevant.

Of course I wanted them to lose, but I wasn't so crazy about facing them coming off of a two game losing streak. There's no way they would lose 3 in a row.

Gotta love that word, "if".....since none of your "ifs" happened your comments are irrelevant.

Thanks for missing the point.

Of course I wanted them to lose, but I wasn't so crazy about facing them coming off of a two game losing streak. There's no way they would lose 3 in a row.

Yea, I'm actually happy they beat the Bengals.

I'll eat my crow. Based on what I saw in both NE losses I didn't believe the Patsies could keep Brady upright. I was wrong. Cincy did NE a handful of favors tho with late hits and putting the pressure in the wrong places on the line. I turned the game off at half though and called it quits.

In regards to the Bills game: Orton looked rusty to start off but let's remember that he came off his couch, and hadn't seen game action since last December. I think the move to play him was definitely a good one after watching that game. I don't think anyone can tell me with confidence that EJ would've made those throws. We all saw today what this team is capable of with just a decent QB.

The Ralph will be rocking next week. Hopefully we can get division win #2.

And did anyone watch the Jets get absolutely destroyed?! I can't wait to watch the Chargers/Broncos games this year.

And did anyone watch the Jets get absolutely destroyed?! I can't wait to watch the Chargers/Broncos games this year.

NYJ's have the exact same problem as Buffalo. They drafted a less than capable QB and are forced to live with it. The NYJs compound that by having no receivers either. If you can wear down their defense, they can be had. I actually felt sorry for them watching that debacle.

I see somebody saying that we don't win and Orton gets bashed if Watkins doesn't make a few crazy catches: sure, MAYBE. But that's the difference between Orton and Manuel. Orton gives the receiver the chance to make the play. Manuel was throwing at their feet or over their heads. Orton isn't "accurate" but he's not inaccurate like Manuel.

I see somebody saying that we don't win and Orton gets bashed if Watkins doesn't make a few crazy catches: sure, MAYBE. But that's the difference between Orton and Manuel. Orton gives the receiver the chance to make the play. Manuel was throwing at their feet or over their heads. Orton isn't "accurate" but he's not inaccurate like Manuel.

I can agree with this. Yes, Watkins had to make a circus catch on that last throw before the field goal. But I would reason that Manuel probably doesn't get the ball to Watkins to make that play. So I'll take it.

I do have a problem with Orton throwing the ball right at a lineman which could have ended the game. Thank god he threw it too hard for the lineman to catch.

I completely agree with this

I do have a problem with Orton throwing the ball right at a lineman which could have ended the game. Thank god he threw it too hard for the lineman to catch.

I watched the replay like 6 times on that play in order to figure out where that lineman came from. He was supposed to run a stunt I think, got held up and as he came back to the middle realized Orton was rearing back to throw that. He was able to stay there then and wait that one out. I'm pretty sure Orton never knew he was there, and lucky for him like you said, he threw a bullet that the lineman just couldn't catch

People are making it sound like Manuel never completed a pass or made an NFL-caliber throw. Woefully inconsistent and downright awful his last two starts...but it's a step too far to just assume a crucial throw would be completely uncatchable.

One of Watkins' great catches was placed perfectly. The one that Orton threw behind him in between two defenders. If he leads him he probably dies.

The "almost dying" happened on another throw ;)

What sucks is I worked til midnight, put my best effort in to not hear a score all day (at a hospital that's nearly impossible) and got home, kicked my feet up to have a beer and watched the recorded game..... To find out with 5 minutes left in the game the recording stopped!!!! I basically watched a snooze fest of a game and the most exciting relevant part was gone..... I'm happy we won, we didn't deserve it, and we are very very undisciplined, but we'll take it for sure.... I'm still ticked I had to watch highlights when all I wanted was to see the whole damn game in a peaceful environment

What sucks is I worked til midnight, put my best effort in to not hear a score all day (at a hospital that's nearly impossible) and got home, kicked my feet up to have a beer and watched the recorded game..... To find out with 5 minutes left in the game the recording stopped!!!! I basically watched a snooze fest of a game and the most exciting relevant part was gone..... I'm happy we won, we didn't deserve it, and we are very very undisciplined, but we'll take it for sure.... I'm still ticked I had to watch highlights when all I wanted was to see the whole damn game in a peaceful environment

Yeah, what you now know is that injury to Brooks put them way behind the normal game time line.

Yes. If Watkins doesn't make a couple obscene catches, the narrative isn't that Orton does enough to win--it becomes about his inaccuracy not putting us in a position to win. Same can be said for if the Lions lineman makes like JJ Watt with the pass that hit him in the hands.

But, because of those catches, the D, and Oh No Herery, he did enough to win it. Good for him. IIRC that makes him just the 4th QB in team history to win his 1st start. Bring on the Cheatriots. Playing for 1st place all by themselves.

So any thoughts on the big NE game coming up at home, new ownership will be transferred and this team is finally beatable. It'll take a good game to get the W

I think we hang in it, but in the end they still take us out

24-14 pats

Hope I'm wrong

Your lack of delusion is palatable

Edited by inkman