Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I don't care how ugly it was, a win is a win.

That pick-6 by Orton was just brutal. But, he also made just enough plays to win the game. So, thumbs up for Orton in his first regular season game in a long time (30 of 43 for 308).

This is what EJ fails at. He might now make bad pick six plays, but he is also never going to throw for 300 yards.

Orton will cost you games, but he'll actually help you win them occasionally as well.

This is what EJ fails at. He might now make bad pick six plays, but he is also never going to throw for 300 yards.

Orton will cost you games, but he'll actually help you win them occasionally as well.

Yeah, Orton had a couple of money plays that I feel confident EJ wouldn't have made. The long pass to Goodwin that set up the Bills TD. And, of course, the big one to Watkins that got the Bills into position for that winning field goal. On the road against one of the best defensive teams in the league, and behind 2 rookie offensive linemen, I think Orton was okay. He seemed rusty at first, but got better as he went.

Edited by Potato

Orton definitely seemed to handle the rush better than EJ, that's for sure. I'm not sure any QB outside the top 5 can be expected to win many games behind this O-line. They were brutal in the last 3 games.

2 plays gave me some hope for Orton, the deep ball to Goodwin and the strike down the middle to Bobby Woods.

Sammy Watkins is making quite the strong case for being worth 2 picks so far. He gets separation and he has the hands. Wow, does he have the hands.

This is the best defense the Bills have had in a long time. They've only given up 89 points through 5 games and are top-5 against the run. And, some of those 89 points are on the offense (2 INT returns for touchdowns the last 2 weeks). Great game by the D today.

Orton definitely seemed to handle the rush better than EJ, that's for sure. I'm not sure any QB outside the top 5 can be expected to win many games behind this O-line. They were brutal in the last 3 games.

2 plays gave me some hope for Orton, the deep ball to Goodwin and the strike down the middle to Bobby Woods.

Sammy Watkins is making quite the strong case for being worth 2 picks so far. He gets separation and he has the hands. Wow, does he have the hands.

Yes. If Watkins doesn't make a couple obscene catches, the narrative isn't that Orton does enough to win--it becomes about his inaccuracy not putting us in a position to win. Same can be said for if the Lions lineman makes like JJ Watt with the pass that hit him in the hands.

This is the best defense the Bills have had in a long time. They've only given up 89 points through 5 games and are top-5 against the run. And, some of those 89 points are on the offense (2 INT returns for touchdowns the last 2 weeks). Great game by the D today.

It's encouraging to see them play so well without Bradham and K Williams. Seems like Schwartz knows his ######.

Yes. If Watkins doesn't make a couple obscene catches, the narrative isn't that Orton does enough to win--it becomes about his inaccuracy not putting us in a position to win. Same can be said for if the Lions lineman makes like JJ Watt with the pass that hit him in the hands.

So much went right today for the game to end the way it did. I can't really fathom how lucky we got yet. Wow.

Starting to think this team should promote Jim Schwartz to head coach and bring in the best offensive mind they can get.

(I know, weird to say after a win but I feel like it's still obvious Marrone and Hackett are terrible)

Edited by Tankalicious

Starting to think this team should promote Jim Schwartz to head coach and bring in the best offensive mind they can get.

(I know, weird to say after a win but I feel like it's still obvious Marrone and Hackett are terrible)

Schwartz was given a chance in Detroit. Maybe he should just be a defensive coordinator.

Schwartz was given a chance in Detroit. Maybe he should just be a defensive coordinator.

He did very well in Detroit. Took a terrible team and improved them by four wins each season until they made the playoffs. Fizzled out the last two years.

How is buffalo supposed to put up 10 points... I doubt that Stafford runs into his own endzone 5 times for a safety

I loved this post.

Orton looked terrible in the first half and terrific in the second. Thankfully the team avoided OT. The defense looked terrific even with injured players out.