Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

And Doug Marrone. And Bobby Petrino. And Nick Saban.

Carroll and Harbaugh are exceptions, not the rule.

There also really aren't any guys of their caliber looking to leave the college ranks. Maybe Kevin Sumlin.

EDIT: only included Doug Marrone because he probably earned it if he ends up canned after this season.

Just face the fact that there isn't a formula.

Just face the fact that there isn't a formula.

Sure. But there's also the fact that guys like Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh, who were dominating in college, aren't available right now. The college route has failed far more often than it has succeeded.

Sure. But there's also the fact that guys like Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh, who were dominating in college, aren't available right now. The college route has failed far more often than it has succeeded.

Every route has failed more often than it has succeeded. There isn't a formula.

Ok. So I shouldn't add what I think?

It's the matter-of-fact style that's the problem.

Within seconds of reading your post, I had come up with a bunch of SB-winning coaches (Johnson, Switzer, Walsh--I had forgotten Harbaugh) that went from college to the NFL and two (Vermeil, Coughlin) who had been "sitting out" for at least a couple of years before being rehired.

It was either interfere or let him catch it clean.

Right, because looking back and reaching up were out of the question. Besides, no,difference in him catching it clean other than our amazing D getting off the field one play sooner.