Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I wonder if Cowher would be interested in being Pegula's football guy? Since he is supposedly still wanting the NYG job and until Coughlin retires he's sorta free. After all they have a Pittsburgh connection.

I have to think Cowher's coaching days are done. I'm not sure anybody would want him, either.

I would love a guy like him running as Pres. of Football Ops.

... Watkins > Ebron and #19. That's just how I see it.

I agree with this because now we know what the draft order is on top of already knowing we were slated to take Ebron. It's really that simple: Ebron + the 19th pick in the draft for Sammy Watkins; that's what we gave up.

Now we don't know who that pick will be at 19 and what kind of player he'll turn out to be and there are many more chapters to be written for both Ebron's and Watkins' career, so we won't know the full extent of the deal for several years probably. But knowing it was Ebron + the 19th pick gives the trade more shape moving forward.

GO BILLS!!!

It wouldn't really come down to Ebron and 19, though. If you're arguing that Ebron looked bad this year then the team is likely much worse without any big threats in the passing game. They would've relied more on Chandler and Mike Williams. Maybe Stevie is never traded.

So it'd be something more like Ebron, 10, Stevie and Mike Williams for Sammy, the 3rd/4th they got for Stevie and the late-rounder they would've given if Williams stuck around.

It wouldn't really come down to Ebron and 19, though. If you're arguing that Ebron looked bad this year then the team is likely much worse without any big threats in the passing game. They would've relied more on Chandler and Mike Williams. Maybe Stevie is never traded.

So it'd be something more like Ebron, 10, Stevie and Mike Williams for Sammy, the 3rd/4th they got for Stevie and the late-rounder they would've given if Williams stuck around.

If we didn't draft Watkins I don't think we move Stevie, and I don't think Watkins (certainly not as a rookie) is a 9 spot difference in the draft. That's what, 2 wins this year?

If we didn't draft Watkins I don't think we move Stevie, and I don't think Watkins (certainly not as a rookie) is a 9 spot difference in the draft. That's what, 2 wins this year?

Yea. The first Miami game may have been completely different, and who knows what's different about an already anemic offense when you don't have a go-to target like Watkins.

Kyle Orton announces his retirement from NFL per Bills Twitter

I find this hysterical. Dude just pussed out of $5 mill for 4 months of work a year.

Orton retires?! Well, at least he went out while he was indisputably on top of his/the game. Statistically speaking.

:lol:

On the bright side, at least this sort of forces the Bills front office to address the QB position next year. I always had a bad feeling that if they didn't get the FA guy they targeted that the Bills might say they tried and turn to Orton as the starter again next year. Forces a move.

On the bright side, at least this sort of forces the Bills front office to address the QB position next year. I always had a bad feeling that if they didn't get the FA guy they targeted that the Bills might say they tried and turn to Orton as the starter again next year. Forces a move.

Bright side? That's a bit of an understatement. This is the best news Bills fans could have had today. I'm beside myself with joy!

As far as I can tell, if the Bills had beaten the Texans (or Chargers or the second Dolphins game), they'd be in the playoffs over Baltimore based on strength of victory tiebreaker. Makes that loss extra painful. Also, JJ Watt has my vote for MVP though he'll never get it.

Tank: I agree on your take on Brett Hundley (crazy we agree on something, I know!

Re: Orton retiring...gotta say didn't see that coming

Re: Watkins vs Ebron + 19th pick, I'd take Watkins all day everyday. Once he gets someone even close to Eli caliber throwing him the ball, he's going to be even more amazing than he already is.

Re: Draft needs: contrary to NFL.com, our biggest needs are OL and QB, plain and simple. I like our new TE (M. Gray), and our LB corps will be fine if we can re-sign Spikes to smallish contract.

Regarding yesterday's win over the Patsies: 2nd string or not, we won at Gillette, we didn't allow their first team to score more than a FG, and we BEAT THE ###### PATRIOTS! I don't care how, or why, just that we beat them.

I think the on-field needs are as follows:

QB (sorry, EJ still can't be relied on and this moves to the top with no fall-back in Orton)

OG (tackles and centers are fine if we can fix the interior)

TE (solid but nothing great there)

RB (if Spiller walks we're left with Fred who is slowing down and Brown who is inconsistent. Dixon is always a good complement but not a workhorse)

Punter (Schmidt has one of the worst averages and his only stat was pinning them inside the 20 which is easy when you're punting from midfield. Anytime he was asked to punt from his own side of the field it was disaster)

DE (this could move up behind OG if Hughes walks. I'm putting it here in case he does)

Tall WR (still need a red zone target)