Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Eh, he hasn't looked too good to me. He's certainly been doing a good job of tearing up the jets and not turning the ball over, but else wise he's just another journeyman.

I can live with him as a placeholder but a vet and rookie should be brought in to compete next season. ###### EJ.

Pettine has to be crapping his shorts over his former defense. If Atlanta had three picks, wow, what are the Bills going to do?

27-10 Bills, and Manziel finishes the game for the Browns.

I hope you're right, but I'm skeptical. It feels like the Dolphins/Chiefs game where our Defense keeps a close lead for 3 quarters and then our offense screws the pooch in the 4th.

I'm going to this one with a bus of people; bunch of buddies I grew up with. Really hoping it's better than the Chiefs one where I lost my seat and my brother got kicked out for his gf sneaking in shots. Then again, maybe not being able to watch the 4th quarter for that one wasn't too bad.

I can live with him as a placeholder but a vet and rookie should be brought in to compete next season. ###### EJ.

Not directed at you, but can anyone who follows College Football tell me if there is anything worth going after QB wise in the 2nd round? If not I say it's probably Orton, EJ, and some other FA pick up competing to put up 20 points per game.

Yeah nice win...

However I think in a few weeks we will look at this Kansas City game and realize the moment Bryce Brown fumbled at the 2yard line, was the moment the Bills lost the chance for the post season. Score would have been 17:3 vs Kansas City. With that win you would have had a better feeling going into Miami and the Bills could have been 8-3 now. But in the end there is no "could have" and "would have" in sports...

I only got to see the 4th.

I'm sad. Marrone cost the team a victory against the Chieves, and cost the team a chance to win against the Fins, with his poor decision-making and clock management. (A friend added the Texans game into the mix, but I just don't remember back that far.)

That would make the team 7-4 instead of 6-5, with another conference win.

This game goes both ways though. They probably should have lost to Minnesota the way that game played out and they definitely should have lost to Detroit. So there we are, right back at 6-5. I'd much rather have that 6-5 compared to the current 6-5 though. Give me those AFC wins any day.

Perhaps, but after tonight's game he is 8th in the league in QB rating right behind Luck and Brady, 9th in the league in completion percentage, and only three picks in seven games. This from a guy that wasn't even here for training camp and pre-season.Keep in mind I don't know for sure if the stats were updated for the QB's that played on Sunday or if ESPN waits until after Monday night but I updated Orton's stats myself after tonight's game. Regardless if they were updated or not, that shouldn't change my numbers much, if at all.

Orton's lack of production has to do with Hackett and Marrone running a mickey mouse style offense that is bland, predictable, and a joke to watch. If they bring a real coach and add a couple pieces to the offensive line... playoff team, even with Orton and Manuel.

Not directed at you, but can anyone who follows College Football tell me if there is anything worth going after QB wise in the 2nd round? If not I say it's probably Orton, EJ, and some other FA pick up competing to put up 20 points per game.

If by worth you mean Guaranteed Starter in the future or the potential to be one, kind of. Mariotta and Winston are your 1st round guys and they you got Dak Prescott and Bryce Petty as the 2 guys I might consider in the second round. Dak I have seen more of and I question his throws sometimes. Bryce I believe works out of a spread offense and that could be interesting when he comes to the NFL. Both worth a look but I would probably see if one of them fell into the 3rd.

The Bills could also take Jake Coker after the draft (he will go undrafted) and see if he just had the unfortunate luck in college of being behind Winston and Sims, that really wasn't fair. I think Coker could return for another season but he would still be a backup so there is that. I like Coker because he is a team guy and has a cannon of an arm.

What about the year with Bledsoe where we lost to Pittsburgh in the final week of the season against their 3rd stringers? Didn't they finish 9-7 that year?

They did but they started very poorly and had to win like six straight to be in that position in the final week, so I bet their record through eleven was one game under ours based on what I remember

They did but they started very poorly and had to win like six straight to be in that position in the final week, so I bet their record through eleven was one game under ours based on what I remember

They started out 0-4 that year and were 1-5 at one point.

Even 2000 doesn't count because they had a losing record at 2-3 five weeks into that season.

I just looked it up. 1996.

This game goes both ways though. They probably should have lost to Minnesota the way that game played out and they definitely should have lost to Detroit. So there we are, right back at 6-5. I'd much rather have that 6-5 compared to the current 6-5 though. Give me those AFC wins any day.

Sometimes, when a coach doesn't make bad decisions, the players can gut out a win. That's what I see with Minny and Detroit. Agreed on the in-conference wins, though!

Also, I learned this am that Marrone, facing 4th and 1 at the Jets' 45 in the second quarter, in a game that still was close, actually went for it! That is the right move 99 times out of 100, even though the Bills didn't convert that time. Good call. Maybe he's learning.

I am fairly certain purgatory is not technically in heaven.

Not technically or in any other way.

What about the year with Bledsoe where we lost to Pittsburgh in the final week of the season against their 3rd stringers? Didn't they finish 9-7 that year?

Yep.

Cutler has to be done in Chicago. Someone out there will give him a shot.

Yes. Likely a sniper somewhere in the stands at Soldier Field.

Sometimes, when a coach doesn't make bad decisions, the players can gut out a win. That's what I see with Minny and Detroit. Agreed on the in-conference wins, though!

Also, I learned this am that Marrone, facing 4th and 1 at the Jets' 45 in the second quarter, in a game that still was close, actually went for it! That is the right move 99 times out of 100, even though the Bills didn't convert that time. Good call. Maybe he's learning.

I don't think he's learning at all. I think it was just a situation where he didn't fear the competition. My money says faced with the same situation against a good team, he punts every time.

I don't think he's learning at all. I think it was just a situation where he didn't fear the competition. My money says faced with the same situation against a good team, he punts every time.

He was a meh college coach and he is a meh pro coach, why should we be surprised?