Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I don't know. All I know is that if someone paid $8 for a gallon of milk, there's an overpayment of $4, regardless of what the person would have spent the other $4 on.

Indeed, but these are the bills buying milk! I'd rather them over pay for milk. Otherwise they might just grab two spoiler containers of oj instead

Remember that time they overpaid by 20$

On a QB... I mean milk,

I think you have to start to let this go. I mean, it's not like the Bills have a good 1st round pick history, but I don't see you harping on any of the other busts every time you post in this thread.

The Bills needed (and still need) a homerun at the position, so they swung for the fences. Maybe they struck out on what would have been a ball, but at least they swung, which is more than we can say for most of their drafts the last 15 years.

Oh, well here goes:

1. I don't think it takes nearly as long to evaluate a WR as it does to evaluate a QB, nor do I think development takes anywhere nearly as long.

2. I didn't even wait ten games to pass judgment on the Watkins trade. I didn't like it the minute it happened.

3. None of this should be construed as anti-Watkins. He is going to be a great WR, he's already fun to watch, and he seems like a hell of a guy. It's just too high a price.

Trading up for a WR in one of the deepest WR drafts in history just makes no sense whatsoever. It is was Watkins and then a huge drop-off after him, then I get it. But, there are a half dozen or more rookie receivers lighting it up right now. Odell Beckham who was on display last night. Mike Evans in Tampa. Jordan Mathews in Philly. Brandin Cooks in New Orleans. Kelvin Benjamin in Carolina. Plus a bunch of others who are already starting and making plays.

Personally, I'd rather have Beckham or Evans AND next year's first rounder than just Watkins.

Edited by Potato

Both of these teams are bad

I guess our defensive line hasn't been held once in the last 2.5 games now, which i wouldn't believe, except for the fact that we blow by them too quickly to be held :P Mario is a beast. Keep Hughes but he's gotta rein in the penalties.

Edited by Arcsabresfan41

I'm serious, I think if the bills go all out on re-doing the offensive line this offseason (while keeping our d-line together, let spiller go), this could be a team talented throughout (minus the QB, which will be good enough to make playoffs).

My dream, new coaches, new offensive line.

What do you mean by "new offensive line"? I think they've got their left tackle and center. Maybe even right tackle. Just the guards are the issue. Wood has been bad but I'm sure that has something to do with being between two brutal guards for a while.

There isn't a QB on the roster that's good enough to get the team to the playoffs. Will be much of the same next year unless coaching finds a way to get a lot out of nothing at the QB position.