Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I have to agree with PA that it's terrible, just not that it's Pegula's fault. This is strictly on Goodell and the league.

Yes, it's been done before, but not when people were literally trapped and potentially dying in communities surrounding the stadium. This is gross.

How many of my neighbors are already dead or will die between now and Sunday because they can't get their meds, or their vents clog up and they die from CO poisoning? And yet they put out a call for hundreds of people to come into this community and waste time & energy shoveling out the stadium to play a meaningless football game?

F*cking terrible.

Agreed the game should be canceled, resources are needed elsewhere.

They stated on WGR that the equipment being used to clear the stadium are private contractors, not county or town equipment/employees.

Even so, the paid volunteers doing the shoveling could be used elsewhere to much greater benefit.

Edited by biodork

I don't think there is any question that the Bills will not be playing in OP this Sunday. If there are abled bodied individuals who can feasibly walk to the Ralph and help dig out the stadium for a few extra bucks then more power to them. I'm not certain what the concern is with wasting these "resources" on digging out the Ralph. Be a good neighbor and help out anyone around you who may be in need, but quite frankly I think local officials would rather have the bulk of clean up work left to the professionals.

I don't think there is any question that the Bills will not be playing in OP this Sunday. If there are abled bodied individuals who can feasibly walk to the Ralph and help dig out the stadium for a few extra bucks then more power to them. I'm not certain what the concern is with wasting these "resources" on digging out the Ralph.

Because pegula is el diablo

Here's the official announcement. Note that it is the league making the announcement:

Michael Signora@NFLfootballinfo 2m2 minutes ago

Jets-Bills game will not be played in Buffalo. We are in process of rescheduling & relocating game as part of Week 12

Might as well make it part of week 18, neither team will have anything else going on.

Here's the official announcement. Note that it is the league making the announcement:

Michael Signora@NFLfootballinfo 2m2 minutes ago

Jets-Bills game will not be played in Buffalo. We are in process of rescheduling & relocating game as part of Week 12

Notice how pegula isn't mentioned? Fishy if you ask me. Is he against this!?

I don't think there is any question that the Bills will not be playing in OP this Sunday. If there are abled bodied individuals who can feasibly walk to the Ralph and help dig out the stadium for a few extra bucks then more power to them. I'm not certain what the concern is with wasting these "resources" on digging out the Ralph. Be a good neighbor and help out anyone around you who may be in need, but quite frankly I think local officials would rather have the bulk of clean up work left to the professionals.

The issue isn't the people digging out the Ralph. The issue is all of the police, medical, fire resources that get diverted to the Ralph on game day. Those resources are better suited elsewhere.

The issue isn't the people digging out the Ralph. The issue is all of the police, medical, fire resources that get diverted to the Ralph on game day. Those resources are better suited elsewhere.

It is the same argument that derailed the NYC Marathon after Sandy. It is a no brainer decision.

Like I said in my post there was no way the game was happening in OP because of these very reasons. My response was to those who saidthe Bills (and TP) were idiots for asking people to help dig out for only $10/hr.

For those out of towners with Sunday Ticket good news..

DIRECTV @DIRECTV · 5m 5 minutes ago

Great News! NFL will allow Jets-Bills to air via Sunday Ticket live Monday Night 7 ET. If you're in New York/buffalo area, check CBS.

This is after DirecTV sent out hundreds of tweets to people asking saying that the game isn't going to be on. Public pressure works sometimes.

Like I said in my post there was no way the game was happening in OP because of these very reasons. My response was to those who saidthe Bills (and TP) were idiots for asking people to help dig out for only $10/hr.

Not sure if this includes me or not, but just to clarify: I don't blame the Bills for offering to pay people to aid in snow removal at the Ralph, because they were just trying to do whatever was necessary to be ready for a game the NFL had not yet postponed. I blame the NFL for not realizing the resources (of all types) being diverted towards the game could be better used elsewhere.

Not sure if this includes me or not, but just to clarify: I don't blame the Bills for offering to pay people to aid in snow removal at the Ralph, because they were just trying to do whatever was necessary to be ready for a game the NFL had not yet postponed. I blame the NFL for not realizing the resources (of all types) being diverted towards the game could be better used elsewhere.

Just like most other stories where a natural disaster is involved, it's easy for people on the outside to not have any clue what is really going on. I've heard a lot of small talk around here that makes it blatantly obvious that people have no clue just how tough this one is.

They haven't yet released information on how folks can get tickets to the game in Detroit. Wish I could go.

This morning there was mention that tickets would be free and that Bills season ticket holders would get first crack at them. If this is what will happen or even if it's true, I haven't heard anything further.