Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

This offseason is starting to feel like the one a few years ago when the offensive coordinator got canned a few days before the opener.

Does anyone doubt that we're looking at another 6-10 season?

I'm really looking forward to the new owner cleaning house.

This offseason is starting to feel like the one a few years ago when the offensive coordinator got canned a few days before the opener.

Does anyone doubt that we're looking at another 6-10 season?

I'm really looking forward to the new owner cleaning house.

I think I originally guessed 9-7...I'm gonna say 8-8 now. We should be able to beat the Jets and Dolphins at least once each, if not sweep one of them. Houston is better, but not that better (c'mon...Fitz is their starting QB). We should beat Oakland. San Diego and Detroit are toss ups...depends on which team shows up those days for both sides (as all three of them can be jekyll/Hyde). Did KC get better? They haven't looked better this offseason. There's another tossup. so say split Jets and dolphins (2-2). Figure lose both to Pats (worst case) (2-4). Beat Houston, and oakland, and one of SD or Det: 5-5. Lose to Denver and Green bay: 5-7. I think we could beat Minnesota and KC (we should've beat KC last year): 7-7. That leaves Chicago and Cleveland...which I have no idea which way it goes. realistically we could be 8-8. or even 9-7. or if everything goes to ######...we could be staring at 6-10. I don't think we're going to be as bad as everyone thinks.

My guess was either 6-10 or 10-6. I went optimistic with 10-6 then, now I'm expecting 6-10. Would not be shocked to see 4-12.

I would be very shocked to see 4-12. I would be shocked to see 6-10 even. I am expecting somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 and on the other end would be shocked to see 10-6 as that means we beat at least 1 or 2 good teams or swept both the Jets and Dolphins.

The Bills can't just flat out tank like the Sabres. Not for any reason other than they just never do. The closest they got was the third overall pick when Dareus came out. It's always somewhere in the mediocrity.

I think I originally guessed 9-7...I'm gonna say 8-8 now. We should be able to beat the Jets and Dolphins at least once each, if not sweep one of them. Houston is better, but not that better (c'mon...Fitz is their starting QB). We should beat Oakland. San Diego and Detroit are toss ups...depends on which team shows up those days for both sides (as all three of them can be jekyll/Hyde). Did KC get better? They haven't looked better this offseason. There's another tossup. so say split Jets and dolphins (2-2). Figure lose both to Pats (worst case) (2-4). Beat Houston, and oakland, and one of SD or Det: 5-5. Lose to Denver and Green bay: 5-7. I think we could beat Minnesota and KC (we should've beat KC last year): 7-7. That leaves Chicago and Cleveland...which I have no idea which way it goes. realistically we could be 8-8. or even 9-7. or if everything goes to ######...we could be staring at 6-10. I don't think we're going to be as bad as everyone thinks.

But they were 6-10 last year and have lost several key pieces on D.

I think for them to go 8-8 or better, EJ will have to have a substantially better year than he had last year, in terms of both effectiveness and staying healthy.

The bye week this year is on Nov. 2, after the 8th game. The new owners will probably be installed by then. There is a real possibility that the Bills will be 3-5 or 2-6 and that rumors will be swirling about the new owner meeting with new GM/president candidates.

The 2nd half of the season could get real ugly.

The whole don't worry it's only preseason mantra is misguided. Yeah, the final score in a preseason game doesn't matter but the performance of the players does. The Bills stunk in preseason back during the days of Marv Levy because the starters played one or two series, drove down the field and scored then were pulled off the field for the bench warmers. Our starters on offense haven't proven they can do jack ###### against the other teams starters. EJ Manuel plays like Trent Edwards post concussion against Arizona. 90+% of the time he doesn't go through any progressions. He looks to his primary target and throws it or doesn't throw it. I never see him scan the entire field and he's more apt to throw it short then look down the field. I don't see how this team will have a winning season with him at QB unless he manages to take a major step forward in his development.

But they were 6-10 last year and have lost several key pieces on D.

I think for them to go 8-8 or better, EJ will have to have a substantially better year than he had last year, in terms of both effectiveness and staying healthy.

The bye week this year is on Nov. 2, after the 8th game. The new owners will probably be installed by then. There is a real possibility that the Bills will be 3-5 or 2-6 and that rumors will be swirling about the new owner meeting with new GM/president candidates.

The 2nd half of the season could get real ugly.

In a rare turn of events, I get to play the optimist! Yes, Byrd and Alonso are gone, but that 6-10 last year included 6 games of Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel. Now, I'm not saying EJ was great last year (he wasn't) or will be great this year (I don't expect it), but he's sure as hell better than those two. That 6-10 also included a hobbled Spiller basically all year and a banged up Jackson for part of the year. Insert preseason caveat here, but as bad as the offense has looked in the preseason...the defense doesn't look like it has missed a beat. If both the defense and EJ just as much as tread water this year, I think it's a 7-9 to 8-8 team.

I'm sticking w/ 9-7 for now, but if they don't figure out the guard spots I'd not be surprised to see 7-9 or 6-10.

If they looked like world beaters so far this preseason I'd still be looking for 6-10 or 7-9. So many variables make up a season, but they always find a way to get to sub-mediocrity. I'm not expecting it to ever change, until it changes.

They do seem to have been the Wayne Fontes' Lions (minus 2W's) for a long time now.

Bills apparently signed Jordan Palmer... Hope this isn't their attempted solution at one of the worst QB situations in recent memory.

So in your opinion , their defense should be historically bad and their QB situation is one of worst in recent memory.

Let's wager , you get under 2.5 wins, I get over.

Bills apparently signed Jordan Palmer... Hope this isn't their attempted solution at one of the worst QB situations in recent memory.

Maybe it's nothing more than Palmer having a better camp in Chicago than Lewis had in Buffalo.

So in your opinion , their defense should be historically bad and their QB situation is one of worst in recent memory.

Let's wager , you get under 2.5 wins, I get over.

I was emotional when I made the defense statement. :P

but I deny your wager anyways since I already stated my prediction. I don't back off the QB thing tho. Horribly mishandled. Fireable offense if something miraculous doesn't happen.

I was emotional when I made the defense statement. :P

but I deny your wager anyways since I already stated my prediction. I don't back off the QB thing tho. Horribly mishandled. Fireable offense if something miraculous doesn't happen.

You are being emotional again. While I wish they had brought in a viable veteran back up, it's more indicative of quarterbacking in this league. New England is preparing to go into the season with jimmy garapolo(sic) as their back up!

You look at the Bills ' schedule, and I see 7 games were the starter is head and shoulders above EJ.

You are being emotional again. While I wish they had brought in a viable veteran back up, it's more indicative of quarterbacking in this league. New England is preparing to go into the season with jimmy garapolo(sic) as their back up!

You look at the Bills ' schedule, and I see 7 games were the starter is head and shoulders above EJ.

New England drafted a second rounder and had Ryan Mallett... Oh, and Tom Brady is their starter. They may have three quarterbacks better than our starter. It's not just the backup situation. You can get away with mediocre backups (which New England doesn't have) with a superstar starter.

New England drafted a second rounder and had Ryan Mallett... Oh, and Tom Brady is their starter. They may have three quarterbacks better than our starter. It's not just the backup situation. You can get away with mediocre backups (which New England doesn't have) with a superstar starter.

They will be cutting Mallett and reached for Jimmy G . The point I was making is several teams are an injury away from their season being over.

They will be cutting Mallett and reached for Jimmy G . The point I was making is several teams are an injury away from their season being over.

Sure. We're not even in position to say our season isn't over without injury. The QB situation is absolutely brutal. No way around it.

Given New England's strong recent history of being able to recover from injuries, even to their top stars, I believe they are a poor example to your point.