Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Saying he's only played half a season is like saying they drafted him out of a slot machine. He's shown his strengths and weaknesses in no fewer than 50 games. Anyone with a moderate knowledge of the quarterback position in the NFL can point out why everyone should be concerned.

And yet a whole bunch of anyones decided to use a high pick on him anyway.

He's got the throws in him. I'm still in the camp that he's going to find them. I love how when it comes to the Sabres, people are willing to wait years and years to get good, but when a rookie after 10 NFL games doesn't perform like Jim Kelly he ###### sucks.

He's got the throws in him. I'm still in the camp that he's going to find them. I love how when it comes to the Sabres, people are willing to wait years and years to get good, but when a rookie after 10 NFL games doesn't perform like Jim Kelly he ###### sucks.

Most of the anyones decided not to draft him. Nearly all the anyones agree he was a stretch. But you gotta take a QB and this is the one the rookie GM and Minor Program College coach agreed was the best available. Just like Ville was the best available.

The NFL drafts grown ass men. The NHL drafts kids. Smile sunshine. The sabres are getting to the end of the tunnel. :)

you can't compare NFL rookies to NHL prospects and I am sure you know this. so what point could you possibly want to make here?

I agree that college football players are different than hockey prospects in that they are about 4 years apart when drafted. But, a WR can become a difference maker in his rookie year. So can a RB, lineman, DB, etc................. But QB's are rarely ready to take control and become a star in their first year or two. The potential of a QB cannot be determined after 10 games, especially when the WR core was pathetic at best during those 10 games.

I agree that college football players are different than hockey prospects in that they are about 4 years apart when drafted. But, a WR can become a difference maker in his rookie year. So can a RB, lineman, DB, etc................. But QB's are rarely ready to take control and become a star in their first year or two. The potential of a QB cannot be determined after 10 games, especially when the WR core was pathetic at best during those 10 games.

I can't speak for everyone else, but my concerns about EJ are not that he has failed to be a star. His reads are slow and his mid-range accuracy is off. I don't believe this is a result of his receivers running poor routes or dropping passes. He has always had slow reads and questionable mid-range accuracy. He could get away with it in the ACC and make up for it with his legs and the soft coverage of the college game. The biggest problem is that it has not improved much in the last 2-3 years. That is the concern. I have absolutely no problem drafting him when we did. We needed to take a chance. I have no problem not drafting a QB this year to see where he goes. I have a huge problem with trading the next opportunity to take a chance and improve the position for an upgrade in the 5th or 6th most important position while the jury is still out. This is a classic case of counting your chickens.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

Please keep in mind that EJ wasn't even supposed to be the starter last year. He was supposed to sit behind a veteran (albeit one made of glass).

I think he'll round out into more of an ELI type of passer, but it's gonna take some time. The Defense of this team is going to keep us from the top QBs of next years draft anyways. They haven't installed much offense into the preseason games, and have been completely predictable because of it. I'm gonig to wait until after the first 2 regular season games before I blow my lid over the offenses play.

I will say this though: the O-line better get their ###### together because the amount of penalties they took is just ludicrous, and it wiped out at least 4 big plays.

Please keep in mind that EJ wasn't even supposed to be the starter last year. He was supposed to sit behind a veteran (albeit one made of glass).

I think he'll round out into more of an ELI type of passer, but it's gonna take some time. The Defense of this team is going to keep us from the top QBs of next years draft anyways. They haven't installed much offense into the preseason games, and have been completely predictable because of it. I'm gonig to wait until after the first 2 regular season games before I blow my lid over the offenses play.

I will say this though: the O-line better get their ###### together because the amount of penalties they took is just ludicrous, and it wiped out at least 4 big plays.

Another key difference between the NFL draft and the NHL draft is that the BPA factor is significantly less. most teams take a specific position. So, while the best bets might be gone in the top 5, there is a lot more potential at pick 15 in the NFL draft than there is at pick 15 in the NHL draft.

Another key difference between the NFL draft and the NHL draft is that the BPA factor is significantly less. most teams take a specific position. So, while the best bets might be gone in the top 5, there is a lot more potential at pick 15 in the NFL draft than there is at pick 15 in the NHL draft.

There's been a study done that the biggest impact players come in the first 5 picks of the draft. the next 5 picks are not nearly as good, nor do they have as long of careers, then the next 5 picks (11 - 15) are actually better than 6 - 10. I need to find the sheet/infographic and writeup that has the usefulness and career longevity versus draft position. Basically it says teams such as the Ravens or Patriots are anomalies, and teams like Oakland, Detroit and the Jets have been drafting like ###### for 10 years +.

I can remember a quarterback named Jack Kemp, and the above statement has been true the whole time I've been a Bills fan, with the only exception being the Kelly years.

So Branch gets a 3.1M signing bonus he gets to keep after signing a contract in December, skips all the off season voluntary stuff and ends up getting cut 8 months later. That is my definition of a broken system.

So Branch gets a 3.1M signing bonus he gets to keep after signing a contract in December, skips all the off season voluntary stuff and ends up getting cut 8 months later. That is my definition of a broken system.

does he get the full 3.1mil? and he was re-signed with the notion that he'd be a starting DE in Pettine's hybrid 3-4/4-3 under looks.

That one was by request ha. That's why I titled it "Only in Buffalo." Moorman is terrible now. I feel bad because he's such a good guy.

Yeah, requested by one of the 60 Moorman jerseys that you'll see at the stadium on Sundays. Man, Bills fans are idiots. How bad does a team have to suck for our fans to buy a punters jerseys and request punters on the cover of Madden.

Yeah, requested by one of the 60 Moorman jerseys that you'll see at the stadium on Sundays. Man, Bills fans are idiots. How bad does a team have to suck for our fans to buy a punters jerseys and request punters on the cover of Madden.

I think, for some, it had to do with paying back a guy who given so much to the community.

Otherwise, it's like a "I'm a super serious fan who even knows the punter's name. He used to be the best."

It's not the fans fault that Moorman was the only player meeting expectations.