Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Would not shock me to see the price rise to 2B

The price of what? The team? No happening. It might not get to $1B at this point.

The 2014 Bills look like the 2013-14 Sabres. Ugh.

Only one of those teams had/has a first round pick the next offseason, though.

The 2014 Bills look like the 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, and 2001 Bills

Except most of those teams had first-round draft picks to look forward to.

Two first-rounders for a wideout. Smart. Really smart.

Except most of those teams had first-round draft picks to look forward to.

Two first-rounders for a wideout. Smart. Really smart.

Yup. I, for one, am devastated we can't draft Donte Whitner again. Or Mike Williams. Or Erik Flowers. Or C.J. Spiller (yes, I said it...what he gives at #9 ain't good 'nuff). Or John McCargo. Or Aaron Maybin. Or J.P. Losman. Or Lee Evans (like Spiller, I need more than he gave given the draft position). I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Sorry, but all I can do this year is cling to the hope that the traded 1st would just turn into another in the long line of Bills 1st round busts. It may not be much to cling to, but I'm frickin' clinging dammit!

You guys do realize that EJ hasn't even played 10 full games in his career, right? You do realize most good QB's aren't ###### for the first couple of years, right? You do realize this is pre-season, right?

My post was pretty tongue-in-cheek, as I very much have a wait and see attitude on EJ. That said, there's really nothing wrong with hating giving up next year's first for a WR when the QB situation is so uncertain.

My post was pretty tongue-in-cheek, as I very much have a wait and see attitude on EJ. That said, there's really nothing wrong with hating giving up next year's first for a WR when the QB situation is so uncertain.

Didn't we just take a QB in the first round? Hmmm.

Not just a first, likely a top 10 first next year.

You do realize this is pre-season, right?

Yes, but look at the effort on the other side of the ball. The only reason the Bills scored anything is that they left their first stringers in for the 3rd quarter while TB was rotating in 2nd & 3rd stringers.

Sorry, but all I can do this year is cling to the hope that the traded 1st would just turn into another in the long line of Bills 1st round busts. It may not be much to cling to, but I'm frickin' clinging dammit!

So you are rescuing yourself from their ineptitude by clinging to their ineptitude.

This belongs in the awesome thread. :)

Yes, but look at the effort on the other side of the ball. The only reason the Bills scored anything is that they left their first stringers in for the 3rd quarter while TB was rotating in 2nd & 3rd stringers.

I'm just saying, it's pre-season. Nothing can, or should be taken by what you see on the field in pre-season. The Bills have had a couple of dominant pre-seasons and the regualr season turned out to be garbage.

I don't think there's any cause for concern about EJ. He's barely played half a season, QB's aren't built overnight. If fans are expecting a QB to come in and be a difference maker right out of college, they're in for a disappointment. Half the reason there aren't as many dominant QB's as there used to be is because teams are looking for instant gratification. Many a talent has been lost because of impatience.

My love of football has been waning significantly over the last couple of years. This is about as much effort as I've put in about the Bills in quite a while. Soon as Sabres camp starts I'll probably forget the Bills are even playing.

The whole "preseason is irrelevant" thing has gotten a bit too far. It's still football. It's still pros. If it doesn't matter why are position battles won and lost during the games? It matters. And things can be taken from it.

I don't think there's any cause for concern about EJ.

Not even a little bit? Okay. Funny.

The whole "preseason is irrelevant" thing has gotten a bit too far. It's still football. It's still pros. If it doesn't matter why are position battles won and lost during the games? It matters. And things can be taken from it.

like for example your starting offense looks like a 95 year old ww2 vet is playing madden with them on all pro....

I'm with you on this Tank. We've been calling the preseason irrelevant since the Jim Kelly era because "they always played terrible in the preseason!".

This isn't Marv Levy and the K-Gun. These are just bad teams that lose in the regular season just like they lose in the preseason. There is no difference.

I'm with you on this Tank. We've been calling the preseason irrelevant since the Jim Kelly era because "they always played terrible in the preseason!".

This isn't Marv Levy and the K-Gun. These are just bad teams that lose in the regular season just like they lose in the preseason. There is no difference.

I'm not ready to go defcon one over these games, but it'll certainly raise some big questions for me. I'm near defcon one on EJ just because I never felt good about him and haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.

Take a look at a model franchise. :sick: :sick: The Ravens. :sick: :sick: They win in the preseason, they win in the regular season, they win in the post season. They win with a rookie coach. They win even though they draft at the end of each round. They win when they change defensive coordinators every couple of years. They win without receivers. They rarely lose at home. They win consistently on the road. They just win.

Now what can you say about Buffalo?

Edited by wjag

Take a look at a model franchise. :sick: :sick: The Ravens. :sick: :sick: They win in the preseason, they win in the regular season, they win in the post season. They win with a rookie coach. They win even though they draft at the end of each round. They win when they change defensive coordinators every couple of years. They win without receivers. They just win.

Now what can you say about Buffalo?

we have buffalo wings...... you probaly meant the bills...... they can order biffalo wings!

Drawing a conclusion of a rookie QB based on half a season...................... now that's funny.

Saying he's only played half a season is like saying they drafted him out of a slot machine. He's shown his strengths and weaknesses in no fewer than 50 games. Anyone with a moderate knowledge of the quarterback position in the NFL can point out why everyone should be concerned.

Saying he's only played half a season is like saying they drafted him out of a slot machine. He's shown his strengths and weaknesses in no fewer than 50 games. Anyone with a moderate knowledge of the quarterback position in the NFL can point out why everyone should be concerned.

My mom knows just about nothing about football, and everytime she watches him play she says "you ###### suck" when he plays.

I guess I'm just a moron then.