Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

The Bills will make the playoffs this year.

Here's why.

I was working in my studio tonight when I got hungry. I came upstairs and there was some leftover chicken parm that I just threw on some bread and ate cold. Some of the sauce dripped out of the sandwich and on to the floor. I soldiered on and finished it anyway. When it was time to clean up the sauce, I looked on the floor in front of the chair I was sitting in and noticed that off to the side there was a piece of broken glass.

When I moved the chair, I saw that the piece of broken glass was actually an entire glass that had fallen off of the end table and smashed to bits. The glass being the last piece of regalia from the Super Bowl days that I own. It was a 12OZ glass that they gave away at Mobile if you filled your tank. End of an era. I'm sad but happy. It's time to move on.

GO BILLS!!!!

The Bills will make the playoffs this year.

Here's why.

I was working in my studio tonight when I got hungry. I came upstairs and there was some leftover chicken parm that I just threw on some bread and ate cold. Some of the sauce dripped out of the sandwich and on to the floor. I soldiered on and finished it anyway. When it was time to clean up the sauce, I looked on the floor in front of the chair I was sitting in and noticed that off to the side there was a piece of broken glass.

When I moved the chair, I saw that the piece of broken glass was actually an entire glass that had fallen off of the end table and smashed to bits. The glass being the last piece of regalia from the Super Bowl days that I own. It was a 12OZ glass that they gave away at Mobile if you filled your tank. End of an era. I'm sad but happy. It's time to move on.

GO BILLS!!!!

I dig it

He's better than the last 4 QBs we've had at least

So far? No. He's definitely not better than Fitz. Not yet. I do think he'll be better than all four. Just not fair to say he is, yet.

So is it safe to say you're officially at Defcon 1 on EJ now? :lol:

I'm concerned too, and I'm certainly not going to sit here and say tonight's performance (or all offseason, really) was encouraging. But I think hitting Defcon 1 following preseason game 5 is taking it a bit too far ;)

Haha. Defcon 1, to me, is calling for him to be replaced. I'm not there... Yet.

So far? No. He's definitely not better than Fitz. Not yet. I do think he'll be better than all four. Just not fair to say he is, yet.

Haha. Defcon 1, to me, is calling for him to be replaced. I'm not there... Yet.

statistically he's already better than both Edwards and Losman. I won't count Brohm. But he's also better than Kelly Holcomb. Fitz is a tossup and I'd have to look up those stats, but it's gotta be close.

How so?

Don't know how many games Fitz started in these seasons,… don't care. 6-10,4-12, 6-10,6-10.

Don't know how many games EJ started last year,… don't care. 6-10.

EJ is bigger, faster, quicker, has a better arm and is really F@#$ing young and shouldn't even be starting yet.

He's better. Get over it.

I think the bills and sabres will both peak around the same time.... 2-3 years.... Then instead of arguing, we'll be getting our stomachs pumped from the excessive celebrations

Sabres yes. Bills...not so much. The amount of change that will be taking place cannot happen over night. The Bills have a long way to go, and what really bites is no first round pick in 2015. Cleveland fans are as excited as a Sabres fan. Both having a shot at a possible high 1st round draft pick.

The difference between good and mediocre, consistency. I will be happy when Pegula owns the Bills, stops hiring 3rd rate college coaches, and invests some real money into the front office. Until that time, we wait. 6-10 is my prediction and we end up forfeiting pick 9-11.

I was completely unaware that there was a football game last night. That shows my level of apathy toward this team. I remember getting excited for 1p on Sunday. Now I am caught by surprise that they even played the night before. Looking over the box score and write ups it seems like this was a total waste of a game and Watkins is on his way to the moniker of "oft injured'. The write up describe Palmer as a disaster (not surprising considering he just got here) and that the Lions beat the Bills with their waiver-wire bench.

The fourth or in this case 5th pre-season game is such a joke. All Buffalo accomplished this preseason is to stir up the fans. I am going to be on a plane for the opener, so that is probably a mercy kill.

Opening day prediction: Chicago 45, Buffalo 6

You might want to revisit almost every single one of your posts in this thread the past week. I'm pretty sure you're the one who needs to get over it.

Discussing/arguing is what happens on a message board. That's basically the point of them. Saying "you're wrong, get over it" is just lame.

Don't know how many games Fitz started in these seasons,… don't care. 6-10,4-12, 6-10,6-10.

Don't know how many games EJ started last year,… don't care. 6-10.

EJ is bigger, faster, quicker, has a better arm and is really F@#$ing young and shouldn't even be starting yet.

He's better. Get over it.

He may be more physically gifted than Fitzpatrick, but he plays like Trent Edwards post-concussion in the Arizona game. He almost never scans the field or goes through any sort of progressions. He throws the ball to his first read or holds it until he is sacked. Fitzpatrick didn't have enough arm strength or accuracy to be anything more than mediocre but he could at least read a defense and scan the field to decide who was the best receiver to throw to.

Edited by Drunkard

Discussing/arguing is what happens on a message board. That's basically the point of them. Saying "you're wrong, get over it" is just lame.

Sorry. I didn't realize we were discussing him here. I thought we were just listening to you tell us over and over how he sucks,… but you haven't made your mind up on him yet,… even though you have.

He may be more physically gifted than Fitzpatrick, but he plays like Trent Edwards post-concussion in the Arizona game. He almost never scans the field or goes through any sort of progressions. He throws the ball to his first read or holds it until he is sacked. Fitzpatrick didn't have enough arm strength or accuracy to be anything more than mediocre but he could at least read a defense and scan the field to decide who was the best receiver to throw to.

I agree with all that, and yet I still think EJ is better. And again, he is really young (have I mentioned that yet) and can learn all that.

this is a common misconception. He scans the field when Hackett's play call for him to. Most of the plays are designed for him to go to his first or second read though (based on what I've seen from games I've been to (preseason this year and regular season last year)). Hackett plays for possession and YAC. That's why it seems like checkdowns are all we do. He wants to get skill players in open space (again based on what I've seen). It seems like half the receivers (on a lot of plays) are running routes to just open up space for the guy who is supposed to get the ball, rather than them all running routes to be available if you know what I mean.

Think about it this way: Does Brady or Manning win every game with 20 yard+bombs every play? No, they win the game with possession type plays (dink and dunk...see: Welker, Amendola, Edelman, etc) that open up the game for one or two bombs to be thrown.

lastly, it's been explained on like 3 different sites, but when it looks like a QB is staring down a receiver, typically he's actually staring down the safety or DB in a zone to read where he's going before he looks at the receiver. WGR had a really good write up about it, and a few other sites had articles too explaining a QBs process post snap pre pass. made a lot of sense.

Maybe I'm trying too hard here, but I'm not ready to just cast him off, especially since the stats say he's better than our previous qbs.

Sorry. I didn't realize we were discussing him here. I thought we were just listening to you tell us over and over how he sucks,… but you haven't made your mind up on him yet,… even though you have.

I agree with all that, and yet I still think EJ is better. And again, he is really young (have I mentioned that yet) and can learn all that.

But that would require real coaches which buffalo still doesn't have.

this is a common misconception. He scans the field when Hackett's play call for him to. Most of the plays are designed for him to go to his first or second read though (based on what I've seen from games I've been to (preseason this year and regular season last year)). Hackett plays for possession and YAC. That's why it seems like checkdowns are all we do. He wants to get skill players in open space (again based on what I've seen). It seems like half the receivers (on a lot of plays) are running routes to just open up space for the guy who is supposed to get the ball, rather than them all running routes to be available if you know what I mean.

Think about it this way: Does Brady or Manning win every game with 20 yard+bombs every play? No, they win the game with possession type plays (dink and dunk...see: Welker, Amendola, Edelman, etc) that open up the game for one or two bombs to be thrown.

lastly, it's been explained on like 3 different sites, but when it looks like a QB is staring down a receiver, typically he's actually staring down the safety or DB in a zone to read where he's going before he looks at the receiver. WGR had a really good write up about it, and a few other sites had articles too explaining a QBs process post snap pre pass. made a lot of sense.

Maybe I'm trying too hard here, but I'm not ready to just cast him off, especially since the stats say he's better than our previous qbs.

I'm really not worried about Manuel. It's the coaching that concerns me. Just like it does every goddamn year.

I gave up all hope after last week.

With a young QB you can forgive certain things, and I thought after the draft EJ seemed like a smart, in-control kid, who was polite and could be a leader. He is clueless......

In a span of about 12-15 snaps last week against Tampa (haven't seen the Detroit game).... EJ:

1) With 12 seconds left in the 1st quarter, seemingly wanted to get off another play and then sat waiting for a snap with no urgency and no alternative motive. He wasn't trying to draw an offsides, he was just duuuh.

2) Next play, the LOS is the freaking 20 yard line....which the markings stretch across the entire field in bold paint and double sized hash......he scrambles and has no pressure, then proceeds to throw the ball after running to the 22.

3) He fumbles on a sack that is returned for a touchdown. This one is the best.......he immediately starts whining to the sideline that he was down and didn't fumble. He goes on and on for at least 15 seconds and 4 different pleas for them to challenge...cringing and jumping up and down. Here's the deal supposed leader of the team....it's a scoring play....it's going to be reviewed no matter what, and if you throw the flag...your team gets a 15 yard penalty. To top it off, it wasn't even close. The ball was long gone out of his hands before he hit the ground.

That ALL happened in about 3 minutes of possession time.

Also glad to see the OL guru is coaching these guys up. Your starting line is a guy with a potential terminal illness who has practiced at full speed for a week....the worst rated guard in football last year who you signed in desperation....a quality center who probably wants to put a gun in his mouth by this point.....a 6'8", 30 something year old tackle who hasn't played guard since junior high....and a 7th round druggie who quit on his team multiple times and walked out of the combine.

Oh...and Sammy Watkins has left 3 preseason games with injuries while pretty much not being touched.

Go Bandits!!!