Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

There's only one QB from the 2013 class that I would hitch my wagon to -- Mike Glennon. I think he's going to be a star. I thought he was the best QB in the class (although I was pulling for other guys late because he was no longer in the conversation for the Bills), and he shows the most. I have absolutely no idea how the Bucs decided to get away from him as the immediate starter, even though they're saying he is their franchise QB.

Just 13 games and he posted 2,608 yards, 19 TDs, 9 INTs and just below 60% completions. He will be the long-term starting in Tampa by the end of this season, again. My biggest draw with him is that he LOOKS like he has it. His accuracy took a hit with scouts coming out of college, but he had a record-breaking number of drops among his receivers. A lot of them were directly on the hands in stride and just bad drops.

(Manuel's 13 games stats would be 2,500, 14 TDs, 12 INTs and 59%)

As someone who is also a bucs fan (let's face it I needed a second team and jumped on the bandwagon for the 2002 Super Bowl run and been a fan ever since) I completely agree with your Glennon assessment. The bucs have been just as pathetic as the bills the past few years but Glennon is getting me excited. I love the idea of him sitting behind a decent vet for the majority of a year. The team won't challenge this year so give the kid more time to learn from the sidelines. I was pissed when his name was being brought up in trade rumours at the draft.

Manuel looking brutal tonight... Almost like he is a rookie who hasn't practiced with these guys.

Watkins out with an injury. The injury would've been much worse if Manuel would've thrown an accurate pass because he threw him right into the coverage.

Manuel looking brutal tonight... Almost like he is a rookie who hasn't practiced with these guys.

Watkins out with an injury. The injury would've been much worse if Manuel would've thrown an accurate pass because he threw him right into the coverage.

And there is the injury I have been expecting all training camp. This team just can't keep players healthy.

And there is the injury I have been expecting all training camp. This team just can't keep players healthy.

Would've been nice if something would've come of that whole "leaked info" about Whaley and Marrone wanting to revamp the training staff. Sometimes injuries are just freak injuries, but when you have guys dropping like flies every season and you've kept the same training staff for a very long time then the change has to happen.

I'm really losing faith in EJ, Hackett and Marrone. Last year didn't impress me and they are off to a spectacular start this preseason.

I don't think Hackett knows what he is doing. Felt that way at Cuse and Marrone's game day coaching was suspect then as well.

I watched a SU punter out kick their coverage 3 times in a row, all going for huge returns and at least one TD. Marrone never altered course.

Reminds me of the hurry up they were going to use last year. They were going to set the league on fire and revolutionalize offense in the NFL. It took them all preseason and atleast 3 games to figure out they didn't have the personnel to do it.

Very concerned...

I'm really losing faith in EJ, Hackett and Marrone. Last year didn't impress me and they are off to a spectacular start this preseason.

I don't think Hackett knows what he is doing. Felt that way at Cuse and Marrone's game day coaching was suspect then as well.

I watched a SU punter out kick their coverage 3 times in a row, all going for huge returns and at least one TD. Marrone never altered course.

Reminds me of the hurry up they were going to use last year. They were going to set the league on fire and revolutionalize offense in the NFL. It took them all preseason and atleast 3 games to figure out they didn't have the personnel to do it.

Very concerned...

Hackett looks like he's running a 1990s offense...which doesn't make sense, since he's young and should be up to speed on the newer stuff. Almost like the Wannstedt of offensive coordinators.

Hackett looks like he's running a 1990s offense...which doesn't make sense, since he's young and should be up to speed on the newer stuff. Almost like the Wannstedt of offensive coordinators.

In mild defense of Hackett the excecution from the QB's had been pitiful. If I see EJ throw to another RB, I'll throw my TV. He's so trepidacious about throwing to WR who are anywhere near coverage. It's the NFL, you need to trust your receivers and throw to areas to allow them to make plays. EJ doesn't seem to want to throw to anyone who isn't running free in the open field.

I have to agree that EJ seems to like his check downs an awful lot, which usually means his receivers aren't open or he gets a bit panicked easily, his progressions don't seem smooth in the preseason so far and he does stare down his receivers from the little I've seen.... I still think the jury is out on the Hackett/Marrone combo as well. There are some bright spots, our #1 D and O line looks fairly decent, having Kiko would def be a boost, but I can see the team clawing it's way to a. 500 season with a little luck

When I watch Manuel he doesn't seem to go through progressions, unless you count checking down to the running back. He seems to go to his primary read almost exclusively and stares him down from the second the ball is snapped. If the intended target is blanket he checks down or forces it. It worries me that he never seems to check both sides of the field on the same drop back. I'm not exactly going out on a limb to speculate that this is going to cost us against better defenses. Looks like another sub 500 season coming if I was putting money on it.

Sounds like Watkins will be fine.

I got a chance to see most of the game on NFL Network yesterday.

Did Cohen make the team with that rumble, bumble and stumble?

Edited by wjag

Sounds like Watkins will be fine.

I got a chance to see most of the game on NFL Network yesterday.

Did Cohen make the team with that rumble, bumble and stumble?

I think he was a lock before that. He's easily their 3rd best DT. Also a Schwartz guy.

Bills' Doug Whaley should be under fire for failing to address the QB situation, which is the most important position on a football team. They are trusting the team to an often-injured player whose experience amounts to a rookie. "He who hesitates is lost." Whaley did nothing to get a backup either. Tuel and Thad Lewis are borderline pros. The Bills need a QB who excels in this league. They haven't found one in over twenty years.

8-8.

Edited by 716

Bills' Doug Whaley should be under fire for failing to address the QB situation, which is the most important position on a football team. They are trusting the team to an often-injured player whose experience amounts to a rookie. "He who hesitates is lost." Whaley did nothing to get a backup either. Tuel and Thad Lewis are borderline pros. The Bills need a QB who excels in this league. They haven't found one in over twenty years.

We don't know if he is "often injured" or not, because he's had only one season, but I agree that the Bills should have brought in a vet backup. I also would have used a late pick on a QB.