Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

One could also argue this - since LaF came on board, no arguing he made a number of solid hires in Murray, Patrick and Nolan. Maybe LaF failed to recognize just how much responsibility he possbily was delegating to Murray and Patrick and realized that, for himself, there was minimul left over responsibilty that lacked any substance. Recognizing this late, maybe he made a play for one of the other Executive Positions that report directly to TP and TP respectively said no. This unusual scenario includes the fact that he was hired back so quickly by the NHL.

Until we learn more, anything is possbile, yet fun to speculate on!

Doesn't add up to leaving right before the deadline, without at the very least putting any speculation as to why, at rest.

Unless of course PLF is a whackjob behind closed doors, which I doubt.

Doesn't add up to leaving right before the deadline, without at the very least putting any speculation as to why, at rest.

Unless of course PLF is a whackjob behind closed doors, which I doubt.

Good points. I will add in that the body language from TB and TM helped me believe they were being sincere by saying that LaF wasnt fired and TP was disappointed in LaF's departure.

Folks in the media have hinted that LaF is a different cat behind closed doors and away from the camera.

. I have nothing against Nolan and think he's a good coach but if he wants to leave because his friend quit, then I say goodbye.

I agree, if Nolan is not comfortable here, someone else will be. I like Murray, so far so good.

I didn't have a television for the late 80s and most of the 90s, so I missed the whole PLF era. My loyalties lie with the Sabres and he is no longer a Sabre.

F###'m.

He can go back to NYC and take his hanging jersey with him and stuff it in his cryhole.

(of course, this is conditional to him having left under conflict)

Murray made the Miller/Ott trade on his own without Pat's blessing (I assume Murray got the okay from Pegula) and Pat felt slighted. With it clear that he had no real power to affect personnel decisions, Pat quit. Might be that simple.

To me the interesting piece is what happens with Nolan. Could go either way...

The only problem is that all indications are that he decided to quit before the trade happened.

I am not sure what the hell happened and I have heard about 10 plausible scenarios supported by various facts about the last week of PLF time here. Until I hear more or something that sways me, just going to sit tight and see what happens by Wednesday.

We don't know that Murray went around PLF for anything. 1. PLF said awhile ago that he was open to moving Miller and 2. the ball seemed to have started rolling on his resignation before Miller and Ott were dealt. When the deal for Miller went down PLF was already not in office.

The Barnaby tweet may be the most "spot on" so far, regardless of anyone's personal opinion of Barnaby. He stated, early on, it had NOTHING to do with Ted Nolan and NOTHING to do with the Miller trade.

Good points. I will add in that the body language from TB and TM helped me believe they were being sincere by saying that LaF wasnt fired and TP was disappointed in LaF's departure.

Folks in the media have hinted that LaF is a different cat behind closed doors and away from the camera.

That could very well be. I would have to imagine that he at the very least has a "game face" he puts on, when it comes to dealing with important matters.

Like it nor not, not many people are able to get things done being all nice and honest all the time.

Sad but true.

The only problem is that all indications are that he decided to quit before the trade happened.

Quit or forced out? If he decided to return to the NHL because he didn't enjoy his role with the Sabres, why was it done under such a cloud of secrecy? If it were indeed a friendly departure, why no press conference to announce it with Pat, Black, Pegula, etc?

Ted Nolan's discomfiture over PLF's sudden departure seems to suggest it wasn't a "voluntary" thing at all.

And now Ted Nolan is hemming and hawing. TPegs screwed the pooch on this one letting Murray go around Lafontaine. As I said before if the Sabres lose Nolan, this is more than a P.R. blunder. It is a major screw up. Nuts this is very disappointing.

TN has done a reasonable job for sure but he is replaceable. Without sounding like TM I agree that you are in or you are out. If he hasn't made a decision by the end of the week I would be making the decision for him.

TN has done a reasonable job for sure but he is replaceable. Without sounding like TM I agree that you are in or you are out. If he hasn't made a decision by the end of the week I would be making the decision for him.

Anyone is "replaceable" - the question is - are the replacements as good as what went out the door? Yes, PLF leaving isn't the end of the world - but it may represent a huge lost opportunity and set back for the future development of the team.

Here's what we know: Patty reportedly resigned and has not publicly challenged that assertion. Nolan is butt-hurt. Murray only wants players, coaches, and management in Buffalo who want to be associated with the team.

Here's what I think: As a player I loved Patty. On camera I liked Patty. But the bottom line is that he quit. With all due respect Mr LaFontaine, GTFO and don't look back. And if Nolan decides to walk, then screw him too. I am quite confident in Murray's ability to find a replacement.

I'm at a point right now where I really don't even care if Nolan stays or goes. PLF picked Nolan so maybe the best thing would be for Tim to pick his own guy and make this team his own once and for all. Yes, Tim wants Nolan to stay but I am done caring about who stays or goes (Management, players, coaches, everyone.)

Sell everybody and collect, collect, collect. If someone does not want to be here, see ya. This team will be worse next year so for me to even expend an ounce of energy caring about all this soap opera stuff.......nope, not this time.

This conspiracy has tentacles everywhere. I think my phone is bugged.

Seriously. It's bonkers that this wouldn't remain pinned. It happened Saturday night. I came home vaguely drunk, and was very confused. It's Monday morning. How does this get unpinned before PLF's been heard?

Here's what I think: As a player I loved Patty. On camera I liked Patty. But the bottom line is that he quit. With all due respect Mr LaFontaine, GTFO and don't look back. And if Nolan decides to walk, then screw him too. I am quite confident in Murray's ability to find a replacement.
I'm at a point right now where I really don't even care if Nolan stays or goes. PLF picked Nolan so maybe the best thing would be for Tim to pick his own guy and make this team his own once and for all. Yes, Tim wants Nolan to stay but I am done caring about who stays or goes (Management, players, coaches, everyone.) Sell everybody and collect, collect, collect. If someone does not want to be here, see ya. This team will be worse next year so for me to even expend an ounce of energy caring about all this soap opera stuff.......nope, not this time.

It's great that these two posts were sequential. At bottom, this is where I am.

In the back of my mind, though, I want some assurances that TP isn't running the franchise as the crony-filled sh!t show it appears it might be. And the reason for that is: When we do start getting young pieces on the big club, we want to be able to attract a few key FA's; that will be difficult to pull off in the best of circumstances, but mos def won't happen if the word around the league is that the Sabres' FO is a joke.

LOL...

And slowly, but predictably the crowd begins to turn on Ted Nolan.

So far the only one who can do no wrong, has done no wrong and has earned the blind faith of this board, is the least proven piece, Mr. Murray..

LOL...

So far the only one who can do no wrong, has done no wrong and has earned the blind faith of this board, is the least proven piece, Mr. Murray..

This thread has gotten really really stupid. I'm out.

LOL...

Who's turned on Nolan?

If he's too unprofessional to deal with a friend's seperation from the organization, then why would a Sabres fan want him to stay? If he's just frustrated and needs a couple of days to sort it out and signs the contract, then it's all good.

Not everyone sees this situation to be as melodramatic as you do.

Who's turned on Nolan?

If he's too unprofessional to deal with a friend's seperation from the organization, then why would a Sabres fan want him to stay? If he's just frustrated and needs a couple of days to sort it out and signs the contract, then it's all good.

Not everyone sees this situation to be as melodramatic as you do.

Exactly, nobody is turning on Ted. I would like to have him here but if he's not, it is what it is.

Seriously. It's bonkers that this wouldn't remain pinned. It happened Saturday night. I came home vaguely drunk, and was very confused. It's Monday morning. How does this get unpinned before PLF's been heard?

And what about the appearance of Wawrow just hours before things came down, complete with an apparent ominous warning that Ghost's reign here was about to end? ######'s gettin' real.

And what about the appearance of Wawrow just hours before things came down, complete with an apparent ominous warning that Ghost's reign here was about to end? ######'s gettin' real.

I missed that because alcohol.

Where would I find that? In this thread?

I'm just going to keep bumping this -- call it my "pin in" protest.

EDIT: Got it

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22314-mr-ryan-miller/page__st__960#entry557682

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.