Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

To summarise the last few pages:

"What was said at the press conference did not confirm my pre-established ideas of the dynamics in the Sabres senior management team, therefore I disagree with it/disregard it/think it is BS"

No, if it was as simple as Ted Black made it sound, Pat would have been at the press conference. When you are left with shovel brigade responsibilities and the source of the $hit is no where to be seen or heard from, it suspends believability. There were nuanced hints in what was said. It will take PLF to finally stand in front of a microphone to make this go away.

I wonder if Ted knows details about this that even Murray doesn't yet know? If so, that could cause further problems - let's say the "Inner Circle" gave Murray the spin-rinsed version ala the presser today. What if Murray finds out from Ted Nolan or from PLF that it wasn't voluntary and that the public story is a crock of crap? Will Murray lose faith in the owner and the owner's boys?

I wonder if Ted knows details about this that even Murray doesn't yet know? If so, that could cause further problems - let's say the "Inner Circle" gave Murray the spin-rinsed version ala the presser today. What if Murray finds out from Ted Nolan or from PLF that it wasn't voluntary and that the public story is a crock of crap? Will Murray lose faith in the owner and the owner's boys?

What if they also told him the moon landing wasn't faked :s

Murray is in for quite the roller-coaster when he finds out aliens are real as well

Conspiracy Theorists in full regalia of making #### up to satisfy their collective imaginations I see. Revel on my friends. :lol:

OK...best case scenario....The Buffalo Sabres are telling the 100% truth.

That means Terry Pegula made one piss-poor of a loose-cannon hire and almost had him as GM if the Power Hungry Lafontaine wasn't so fake as to say he would assume a different role because he felt he wasn't qualified for the GM spot.

This also means they are keeping those on board who a crazy man hired and are entrusting the future of the franchise to them.

Please find ANY scenario where the Sabres look good in all of this?

This also means they are keeping those on board who a crazy man hired and are entrusting the future of the franchise to them.

This has crossed my mind more than once since yesterday.

That means Terry Pegula made one piss-poor of a loose-cannon hire and almost had him as GM if the Power Hungry Lafontaine wasn't so fake as to say he would assume a different role because he felt he wasn't qualified for the GM spot.

Under any scenario, neither the Sabres nor LaFontaine is going to look good. Pegula should have delved deeper into the Islanders sudden resignation from several years ago before giving his full trust to Patty. Oh well, too damn late now. Move the Tank along and let's get to the rebuilding of the on ice product (via drafting/trading) that I believe is in the very capable hands of Murray, Patrick, et al.

How 'bout the one I posited?

TP hires PLF, who assures TP that his family will be fine with moving to Buffalo.

PLF's wife says "Buffalo? The land of ice and snow? You want us to leave NYC for that? Did I mention that I can take half of everything and marry one of the rich guys at the country club a week later?"

PLF says "Please honey. Give it a chance."

PLF's wife blows in for a week, says "Thanks but no thanks. We'll stay in NYC and you come home on the weekends until the season ends, and then you get your butt back here or we're back to me taking half."

PLF says OK.

PLF's wife, after 60 days of having to deal with the kids on her own and wondering where her husband is at night, says "You need to leave that job now and come home."

PLF tells her he needs another 3 weeks to get through the trade deadline, and then tells TP he has no choice but to resign. TP says he understands and will give him a good reference to Bettman so PLF can get his old job back in NYC.

PLF's wife says OK, but then another week at home with crazy kids has her in tears and/or threatening divorce and castration. PLF tells TP he has to go home. TP says OK, we'll just say you resigned to return to NYC. TB is annoyed because he knows this makes the Sabres look bad, so he admits to being surprised, doesn't really hide his dissatisfaction with PLF but insists, truthfully, that there was no discord in management.

Is this what happened? Of course I have no idea.

But it is quite plausible, and it is a scenario in which the Sabres haven't done anything dumb or wrong.

This has crossed my mind more than once since yesterday.

I am hearing that a typewriter was found in Pat's office. Reams upon reams of paper read, ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES PAT A DULL BOY

Also, I am told, an elaborate, for lack of a better word, bedroom was found constructed under his desk.

I just read the transcript of the presser. I'm ok with the official explanation. They bungled the perception of this whole thing but apparently they were all surprised by Pats decision. Everyones moving forward. Tim Murray has his vision and a plan moving forward and I'm on board with that. I trust this guy. He seems confident in his vision and so far has been a straight shooter with his honesty and availability to the media. I think Pat has his reasons which we may never know and I'm ok with that too. Its his life. People need to relax, sit back and enjoy the ride. Nobody made any promises that it wouldn't be a bumpy ride. The future looks bright. GO SABRES !

How 'bout the one I posited?

TP hires PLF, who assures TP that his family will be fine with moving to Buffalo.

PLF's wife says "Buffalo? The land of ice and snow? You want us to leave NYC for that? Did I mention that I can take half of everything and marry one of the rich guys at the country club a week later?"

PLF says "Please honey. Give it a chance."

PLF's wife blows in for a week, says "Thanks but no thanks. We'll stay in NYC and you come home on the weekends until the season ends, and then you get your butt back here or we're back to me taking half."

PLF says OK.

PLF's wife, after 60 days of having to deal with the kids on her own and wondering where her husband is at night, says "You need to leave that job now and come home."

PLF tells her he needs another 3 weeks to get through the trade deadline, and then tells TP he has no choice but to resign. TP says he understands and will give him a good reference to Bettman so PLF can get his old job back in NYC.

PLF's wife says OK, but then another week at home with crazy kids has her in tears and/or threatening divorce and castration. PLF tells TP he has to go home. TP says OK, we'll just say you resigned to return to NYC. TB is annoyed because he knows this makes the Sabres look bad, so he admits to being surprised, doesn't really hide his dissatisfaction with PLF but insists, truthfully, that there was no discord in management.

Is this what happened? Of course I have no idea.

But it is quite plausible, and it is a scenario in which the Sabres haven't done anything dumb or wrong.

2.3%

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.