Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

For those of you saying that "It is what it is".....well, the Spidey Senses of Buffalonians say otherwise.....

There has been on average 300-800 people online the past 2 days. Even during the Miller/Ott pregame and trade it was only 500.

You just traded your "elite" franchise goalie of the past decade and your captain, yet there has been 1 total page of posts on those issues the past 2 days.

It's the City of No Illusions for a reason.....

I'm not saying I don't think something stinks here. Chances are good something does.

I just don't have enough information to decide whether this is a sign of the apocalypse or just unfortunate — or to be able point fingers in any direction.

Until I do, I'd rather invest my energy into the trade deadline.

Edited by dudacek

I think something does stink here. The current execs, including Murray, want to say there was "no discord, he just resigned", but what TN is saying speaks otherwise and speaks it loudly:

''Right now, it's not about my contract. It's about the situation that's happening,'' Nolan said. ''It's about what's transpired in this organization, what happened to a very dear friend. And we'll leave it at that.''

What "situation"? What "transpired"? And what "happened to a very dear friend"?

TN better speak the company line or he'll be next to go. This organization needs no bickering, finger pointing, or discord right now. Period. If he can't keep it together and act like a professional, maybe he needs to go to.

I think something does stink here. The current execs, including Murray, want to say there was "no discord, he just resigned", but what TN is saying speaks otherwise and speaks it loudly:

''Right now, it's not about my contract. It's about the situation that's happening,'' Nolan said. ''It's about what's transpired in this organization, what happened to a very dear friend. And we'll leave it at that.''

What "situation"? What "transpired"? And what "happened to a very dear friend"?

TN better speak the company line or he'll be next to go. This organization needs no bickering, finger pointing, or discord right now. Period. If he can't keep it together and act like a professional, maybe he needs to go to.

I don't see it that way. Whether TN is back is pretty much up to him at this point. I expect when emotions cool, he'll want to stay and finish what he's started.

Let's take what actually happened behind closed doors out of the equation. Regardless of what happened, regardless of who was the bad guy(s), in reality, the ONLY thing the team can, should, or would say, is that Pat LaFontaine resigned to take his old job.

Sure, it's somewhat transparent. Sure, most discerning fans would know that it's likely not true. Sure, for ONCE we would love for anyone in the public eye to just be honest. But it would be stupid for the team to say anything other than PLF resigned, and there is no bad blood. There is nothing else they could say.

If the Teddy is really the coach most of us think he is, why does he need Patty as cover ? Why not just let your performance speak for you ? If TP really cares about a Cup and Teddy produces toward that end, that should be enough. I think Teddy is more concerned at this point with the well being of his good friend.

Because Teddy's a relationship guy. When the relationships get upset, his mojo is shaken.

I wonder if Ted knows details about this that even Murray doesn't yet know? If so, that could cause further problems - let's say the "Inner Circle" gave Murray the spin-rinsed version ala the presser today. What if Murray finds out from Ted Nolan or from PLF that it wasn't voluntary and that the public story is a crock of crap? Will Murray lose faith in the owner and the owner's boys?

For these and other juicy details, tune in weekdays at 2 pm on MSG Network for "Days of our Sabres"

For those of you saying that "It is what it is".....well, the Spidey Senses of Buffalonians say otherwise.....

There has been on average 300-800 people online the past 2 days. Even during the Miller/Ott pregame and trade it was only 500.

You just traded your "elite" franchise goalie of the past decade and your captain, yet there has been 1 total page of posts on those issues the past 2 days.

It's the City of No Illusions for a reason.....

Oh cut it out. No one is naive enough to believe that there isn't a story behind this.

But we're not going to learn the story, that's the point. And Terry meddling is as believable as freeman's Mrs. LaFontaine scenario. They're both possible explanations, as are many of the hundreds of others that I've read and heard in the last 28 hours.

I am really starting to like Murray. Just ruthless, no BS personality.

"I'm not begging someone to be here, I want players that want to be here and coaches that want to be here"

"I appreciate him hiring me but I can't make choice for him, everyone makes their own choices and this doesn't change anything"

This dude is EXACTLY what we need as our GM...ruthless, calculating, "Your only as good as your last season" GM...

PLF's wife says OK, but then another week at home with crazy kids has her in tears and/or threatening divorce and castration. PLF tells TP he has to go home. TP says OK, we'll just say you resigned to return to NYC. TB is annoyed because he knows this makes the Sabres look bad, so he admits to being surprised, doesn't really hide his dissatisfaction with PLF but insists, truthfully, that there was no discord in management.

Is this what happened? Of course I have no idea.

But it is quite plausible, and it is a scenario in which the Sabres haven't done anything dumb or wrong.

He could have taken a quiet leave and they could have waited to announce the resignation. The fact that they couldn't keep this quiet for another week seems to indicate that someone who knows what happened is pissed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.