Border War Pregame Trash Talk Thread

Eleven

I'm trying to read all of the American insults but I have last olympics replica gold medals covering my eyes. REPEAT!!!!

We have a lot to do, producing half the worlds GDP, inventing all of the things, producing all of the movies, etc. We only have time to notice the important things.

There has to be a joke about national debt here somewhere

I'm trying to read all of the American insults but I have last olympics replica gold medals covering my eyes. REPEAT!!!!

There has to be a joke about national debt here somewhere

Just like your music, living at least 4 years in the past...

And your debt to GDP is higher.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

Both teams are stacked with talent, so I think that parameter is a wash. I think Bylsma is in a zone with his coaching right now, while Babcock and crew are not.

Team Canada did not look hungry versus Latvia, whom they should have steamrolled (regardless of Latvia's goalie). I think this is a result of the lack of team chemistry for the Canadians and Babcock is having a hard time because of that.

Team USA is much more of a "team" and I believe that is what puts them over Canada two days out. If Team Canada can gel over the next few days, it could make things interesting.

Being right on the border, I can attest that USA beers, thanks to the microbrews, are far superior to Canadian beers.

Sizzle I have to agree with your assessment. It seems like Canada tried to go with 4 first lines picking solely who they thought were the best players rather than picking the right guys to fill rolls while the American brass picked what amounts to a team with roll players as well as stars. From what I've seen Canada has yet to hit their stride while the Americans are firing on all cylinders. I'm afraid it'll be the States taking this one and getting a little payback for 2010. That being said, GO CANADA. May the best team win. Good luck to all you American fans.

USA-Canada should be a good one.

Too bad I have to be at work because part of me would love to pick up H.o.m.o Milk and Kraft dinner for lunch and then throw back a mickie or two-four while watching on my Chesterfield. But I won't because the other part of me is American and knows how to ###### speak English.

EDIT: The filter blocked what our friends accross the border call homogenized milk!

I always thought a chesterfield was something you smoked. :P

I always thought a chesterfield was something you smoked. :P

No that you mention it, me too.

Interesting you can fit the population of Canada in California and there would be a decline and if you switched California's population into Canada it would be a dramatic increase in population. My only question is who which one would be loopier? The Canucks or the Calis. Mumm... those Merican's are making fun of us again....

Seriously hoping for a good game...

The problem with making fun of Canada because the prime minister's wife screwed Mick Jagger (true story) is that they can come right back with the Clintons -- and the Canadian story is much cooler.

There's not many times the Canadian version is cooler.

Canada has struggled so far this tournament, but a huge difference between their previous games and the USA is that we are going try to force them to play our style, we will pressure them and we will attack them. USA isn't going to park a bus in front of Quick's goal and defend the passing lanes and try to block shots and hope that if anything does get through will be saved. We're going for the win.

That said, USA is playing unreal right now like they are on a mission. Very determined group of players. I think USA wins and i don't think it'll be close. 4-2 USA.

I have class tomorrow, but I'm probably going to catch the second half of the women's game at the Jackals' arena bar. Kacey Bellamy's brother Rob plays for the Jackals (he was a failed draft pick of the Flyers ages ago), and her family is going to be at there.

You dirty Canadians are going down.

Hard.

Twice.

Putting the trash talk aside for one moment of weakness:

Americans look good, but they haven’t played anyone with our ability to play defence.

Then again, we haven’t played anyone with their ability to score goals.

Quick is better than Price (Miller is better than both) but not enough that it it will be the difference.

I think it’s a pick ‘em.

Now back to lining my septic field with Phil Kessel hockey cards.