Ruhwedel and Varone to Rochester; Omark waived

Hoss

Everyone know under zero circumstances we get Eberle from Edmonton, right?

I think the percentage is just slightly above zero -- Edmonton is a bozo organization and I wouldn't be completely stunned if they pulled a desperation foolish move here. But we're talking 10% chance at best that they trade Eberle.

You guys are underestimating Edmonton's desperation. Somebody is going get Eberle (or one of their other young forwards), probably at the draft.

The price for it to be us it would probably take Ehrhoff/Myers plus, so I doubt it's us.

But Edmonton will be making a move.

You guys are underestimating Edmonton's desperation. Somebody is going get Eberle (or one of their other young forwards), probably at the draft.

The price for it to be us it would probably take Ehrhoff/Myers plus, so I doubt it's us.

But Edmonton will be making a move.

I agree that they will probably make a move -- although if they are smart the move will be to bring in a PLF/CP/TM -style new leadership group. I also agree that if they do trade Eberle, it would take Myers to get him. But I think they will try to keep Eberle and trade Yakupov and/or Gagner instead.

I think they will try to keep Eberle and trade Yakupov and/or Gagner instead.

That's what they've been holding out for. But what they need is a first-pairing defenceman, and those guys don't come cheap or easily.

I don't see them acquiring one with a Yak/Gagner combo.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/report-links-awol-linus-omark-to-old-swedish-club/

What’s going on? His agent, Kevin Epp, told the Buffalo News all options – Buffalo, Rochester and Europe – are still on the table for the vacationing Swede. Realistically, though, Omark is likely finished with the Sabres organization.

Now, a report from NDS, a Swedish newspaper, is linking Omark to Lulea, a Swedish Elite League team he played four seasons with before coming to North America in 2010.

Everyone know under zero circumstances we get Eberle from Edmonton, right?

There is a lot of truth in this statement when considering Edmonton's needs. The Oilers need goaltending, defense and toughness especially in the forward ranks. I just don't see a package the Sabres could put together strong enough for the Oilers to give up Eberle. The Sabres most valued assets at this point are UFA's and futures (prospects & picks). What the Oilers need are NHL ready/established players that are under contract. The Sabres are in desperate need of NHL ready talent themselves.

There is a lot of truth in this statement when considering Edmonton's needs. The Oilers need goaltending, defense and toughness especially in the forward ranks. I just don't see a package the Sabres could put together strong enough for the Oilers to give up Eberle. The Sabres most valued assets at this point are UFA's and futures (prospects & picks). What the Oilers need are NHL ready/established players that are under contract. The Sabres are in desperate need of NHL ready talent themselves.

The Oilers may have solved their problem in net, but otherwise this is spot on.

NHL on TSN@NHLonTSN 1h

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that the team has terminated the contract of forward Linus Omark. #TSN #NHL

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. He was my favorite player.....Damn sabres have no eye for talent

And yes for those that don't know me SARCASM lol

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.