Ruhwedel and Varone to Rochester; Omark waived

Hoss

His issue seems to be that he has the skill, he knows it, and he doesn't think he needs to work hard because he can coast on that skill to get by like he has up to this point. It happens alot, while growing up, these kids get by and are at the top because of their tremendous talent and skill, it carries them through, but once they hit the upper levels where they aren't the big fish in the small pond anymore they don't seem to be able to grasp the idea that they will now need to work to stay where they are and get better, they feel they should be able to just do what they have been doing and get by on that. Plus with the foreign players, theres usually a league (like the KHL) that would gladly take them if they wanted to play there where they can fall back on if the NHL doesn't work out.

This works for Omark and Grigo

Anyone claim Omark? I think the guy has potential, yes he has skating and stick handling and a bit of the dreaded Max disease, but he has shown a few moments where he worked in the corners... too few and showed some toughness. He is still relatively young and maybe learning his lesson the hard way. Nothing like a little east coast AHL to toughen him up. I say keep him there for a year or two if he clears and see what happens. Unless the Sabres run out of room... kinda doubt it, though once the 2015 draft is complete he will need to be ready to jump up or go back to Europe.

Anyone claim Omark? I think the guy has potential, yes he has skating and stick handling and a bit of the dreaded Max disease, but he has shown a few moments where he worked in the corners... too few and showed some toughness. He is still relatively young and maybe learning his lesson the hard way. Nothing like a little east coast AHL to toughen him up. I say keep him there for a year or two if he clears and see what happens. Unless the Sabres run out of room... kinda doubt it, though once the 2015 draft is complete he will need to be ready to jump up or go back to Europe.

I'm guessing he's pretty much packed and heading back to Sweden if nobody claims him.

The whole reason he wanted out of Edmonton was that he couldn't crack the big club, and didn't want to spend more time in the AHL.

I'm guessing he's pretty much packed and heading back to Sweden if nobody claims him.

The whole reason he wanted out of Edmonton was that he couldn't crack the big club, and didn't want to spend more time in the AHL.

Yes but it is the Olympic break. Who knows maybe he gets called up half way through the remaining AHL season on the assumption he'll be called up again and then gets sent right back down for AHL playoffs once the reg. season is over,

Just a thought.

Edited by BuffaloBorn

Yup, I believe he is also a FA at the end of the season IIRC (possibly a RFA), I highly doubt he re-signs with any team in the NHL without being guaranteed a spot on their NHL roster. If he doesn't get it, he goes back home to Sweeden to play

I wonder though if they told him this move was just for the Olympic break and that if he cleared waivers they would be bringing him back once the breaks over and he has had time to play over the break

Update from agent...

The 27-year-old is on an Olympic vacation and not in the United States, agent Kevin Epp told The News by phone. The Swede previously said he would rather play in his homeland than the minor leagues.

“I’m not really sure what the exact next steps are,” Epp said, “just trying to figure out where he can go, where they can reassign him, where they want to have him, where he’s going to be best-suited for them and their situation.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-omark-a-no-show-in-rochester-20140213

Swedish League might be the best fit for Linus. If he can't make it on the worst team in the NHL, then....

Sounds like this is what Omark wants

Looks like we helped out Edmonton out of a situation with Omark. No team loses here. Omark walks. Edmonton gets out of a contract and we do to due to the 15 game limit so we lose no draft pick. Edomonton now owes us a favor.

Edited by Jeanbe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.