Leino needs to go!

Wyldnwoody44

I didn't say they needed him to hit the floor, I'm saying my friend on the inside told me that I shouldn't be surprised to see him still in a Sabres uniform next year. There was no other context with it other than GMTM has a lot of plans and Leino isn't in the longterm but he may need to be in the short term.

thanks guys. My contact is within the organization but I can't say where (and no, it ain't concessions), and they are someone I grew up with in Buffalo and trust with my life. take from it what you will. if they're wrong than so be it, but they haven't been wrong before with anything else they've told me (and btw, they wouldn't tell me anything about Patty L)

I think the thing with Leino is they have very little reason to buy him out. His cap hit doesn't matter, he seems like a good guy, and he's gone after next season regardless. I want him gone but I am thinking he stays. I should go update my tom webster contest entry

I think the thing with Leino is they have very little reason to buy him out. His cap hit doesn't matter, he seems like a good guy, and he's gone after next season regardless. I want him gone but I am thinking he stays. I should go update my tom webster contest entry

Gone after next season regardless? Isnt he signed through 16-17?

His contract ends after the 2016/2017 season I think

I was at the game and people were actually cheering his name "Let's Go Leino!" And they gave him a standing-O when he came out for the shootout. Everytime he had the puck fans shouted "shoooot!!" Sabres fans gave him more support than you would expect and he still refused to shoot the puck or score, and his shootout attempt was a hilariously bad representation of his entire Sabres career.

PTR

That was comedy.

Especially in the third when he had the puck for almost seemed like a minute just skating around with it in the o zone.

Never getting a shot and finally losing it.

Is that true? Can someone expand on this?

Under the new new CBA, there are two compliance buyout periods: Summer 2013 and Summer 2014. Teams have two buyouts and can use them both in one year or can split them and use one each year.

Last year is past. This is it.

Under the new new CBA, there are two compliance buyout periods: Summer 2013 and Summer 2014. Teams have two buyouts and can use them both in one year or can split them and use one each year.

Last year is past. This is it.

Ahhh yes. Very nice, thanks.

List of how many buyouts each team has remaining to use this offseason: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/top-five-compliance-buyout-candidates-for-2014/

List of buyouts the happened last year: http://www.capgeek.c...s?compliance=on

Edited by Cereal

Ahhh yes. Very nice, thanks.

List of how many buyouts each team has remaining to use this offseason: http://www.thehockey...dates-for-2014/

List of buyouts the happened last year: http://www.capgeek.c...s?compliance=on

You know, it's a damned shame that teams like Montreal took advantage of the buyouts and retooled, and the Sabres did nothing. Leino should have been gone last year, and we're wondering again whether the team will do the smart and necessary thing.

In the 19 years the NHL has used the lottery system to determine the team that get's the #1 pick, only 6 times has the team that finished with the worst record picked first. "Tank on".

That's higher than the 25% chance they have, too. So, looks like we'll be picking second to help that number return to the norm :unsure: Edited by Arcsabresfan41

That's higher than the 25% chance they have, too. So, looks like we'll be picking second to help that number return to the norm :unsure:

You beat me to it! 6 out of 19 = 31.6%. I would say that the Sabres' chances now are actually worse than 1 in 4 because over time the percentages will even out.

We need a Mr. Spock to calculate the precise odds.

"Captain, I would estimate the Buffalo Sabres' odds of winning the number one pick in the upcoming lottery as approximately 1 in 8.752. Of course, that's only an approximation."

Kirk would reply - "Only an approximation. Well, that's just ducky!"

Edited by Jsixspd

You beat me to it! 6 out of 19 = 31.6%. I would say that the Sabres' chances now are actually worse than 1 in 4 because over time the percentages will even out.

We need a Mr. Spock to calculate the precise odds.

25% (or whatever the number is this year). While the averages will always tend to even out, never make the mistake of thinking that the past somehow influences the current draw). :)

He was always going to be bought out. I'm not even sure why people think there is any question about it...

I don't either, but I was told that some stars need to align in order for them to be able to buy him out. I'll see this person this weekend so I'll have to engage in some more talks.

I don't know dEnnis's source, but I have no reason to believe that he wasn't told what he said he was told.

Isn't reaching the floor as easy as waiting out the entire offseason to figure out our plan, then calling John Scott at the last second and paying him the difference for one year?

I'd love for Milbury to actually have a heart attack if Big John was getting more than $1M next year....

Edited by Darryl Shannon's +/-

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.