Leino needs to go!

Wyldnwoody44

Leino was credited with an assist the other night.... his first point in a very long time. As far as an 'assist', apparently it was by falling flat on his face in front of the opponent's goal, I called it a 'sympathy point' when I saw it.

Some of the assist that are given out seem to be given for "sympathy points", or some other lame reason, other than an earned assist. Omark was given an assist the other night after he lost the puck at the blue line to Florida player, who in return lost it to Stafford, who passed it to Ott and Ott passed it back to Stafford for the goal. That was 2 players that had the puck after Omark, how that adds up to an assist for Omark is confusing to me.

Tank Commander should stay for now. He contributes to the tank and eats up salary cap floor.

In the future, maybe after next season, we can reevaluate him. Maybe he'll find it again during that time, and make it worth it to keep him, but probably not. Not with this roster.

IKnowPhysics is correct. We keep the Tank Commander for cap floor reasons. I will say when we do jettison him I'm personally hoping he signs with another team, even for a year or 2 just so I can listen to another fan base bitch about him :D

See here's the issue: compliance/amnesty buyouts, unless I'm mistaken, can only be used at the end of this year. After that in order to jettison Leino the Sabres either have to find a trade partner or normal-buyout which cuts into the cap. I don't know who is going to trade for him, and I'd hate if a few years down the road that cap penalty would be killing the team from bringing a good trade or UFA.

Buy Leino out with one of the two compliance boyouts, and give some scrub a 1-year $6M contract (John Scott!) each year until we need the space for a UFA worth that money.

Edited by MattPie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.