Leino needs to go!

Wyldnwoody44

Why the devil does Nolan keep playing him? He cuts Omark from the roster, but leaves Leino in there? That makes no sense to me at all.

I wonder if they are just trying to keep Omark under the 17 game number to avoid paying the draft pick.

That and he hasn't done anything to warrant being in the game.

Except you can say that about a lot of Sabres.

Given the lack of talent on the team, the fact Stafford and Moulson are out, and the appallingly ineffective play of Leino, it is safe to say he has already blown his chance with Teddy.

Leino was awful yesterday, can't take a hit in the corner, easily pushed off the puck and can't play D at all. I say keep him till the end of the year. I like him as the TANK Captain while Staphyl is hurt.

Leino The Lame-0 has "earned" his trip to the Press Box:

@BuffaloSabres

Stafford will be ready to return to the lineup as well, Nolan says. #Sabres

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres Interim Coach Ted Nolan confirms Linus Omark will play tomorrow vs. Edmonton.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Honestly I think Leino CAN play better than this... but why bother? He wants to be bought out. If he doesn't like Buffalo and wants to leave then that's his best option. Don't get injured, don't create value. No one would trade for him at this point. Every team would be thinking, let him get bought out. We'll bring him in, talk to him, and sign him to a 1 year deal at some low number. If he pans out, then he's back in the mix and it's all chalked up to his situation in Buffalo. If not, then no team has taken a big hit and Leino is done.

But Leino has played better than this. He has shown he can be better than this. I don't buy that he's THIS bad, it's just that he's more likely to be a product of a positive situation.

Either way.. the end of this season can't come fast enough for the Leino situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Leino featured in that Beyond Blue and Gold series (link below).

For whatever reason, at the end of the feature I thought to myself: "I wonder if the guy's depressed?"

I don't post that here lightly. But, there was something in his tone and affect -- and certainly in his lackluster effort around these parts -- that prompted me to think it.

At the 1:00 mark, he gives lip-service to how sports were always his #1 love, but then immediately says that he only went to hockey practice because he had to if wanted to continue his piano lessons (and because his mother made him go (to hockey practice)).

He was happy in Philly, obviously -- terrific fit for him. Here? He clearly thinks he's been asked to do things he's "not good at."

Maybe my takeaway was really that his heart's no longer in the sport that he became really good at, but I can't help but hang onto the sense that it may be more than that.

Depressed? Oh, wahhh!!! My attitude towards Leino is like that espoused by Gen. Ennis C. Hawkes in the 1955 film "Strategic Air Command" , when after an air-force base failed a surprise security drill conducted by the General's troops, he unsympathetically informed the Base Commander - " Don't tell me about your little problems! I'm only interested in results!"

Edited by Jsixspd

Depressed? Oh, wahhh!!! My attitude towards Leino is like that espoused by Gen. Ennis C. Hawkes in the 1955 film "Strategic Air Command" , when after an air-force base failed a surprise security drill conducted by the General's troops, he unsympathetically informed the Base Commander - " Don't tell me about your little problems! I'm only interested in results!"

Depression isn't something to just brush off and joke about. I sincerely hope for Ville's sake that this isn't a problem with him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.