Leino needs to go!

Wyldnwoody44

I remember liking the fact that the Sabs signed (1) the guy who just eliminated them and (2) who would play center.

Weeks into the season, he refused to play center.

It was him. It was not management. He lied.

There's shared blame. Had management made the correct judgment (that he's not a center), anything Leino agreed to would have been irrelevant.

Guest Sloth

Even if Leino didn't get bought out, he probably would've have left the Sabres after the 14-15 season. He may "want" to play in the NHL, but not bad enough to stay on team where he is not wanted by many. The Sabres would then be taking a hit w/ nothing to show for it. The buyout is best for both sides.

Edited by thanes16

Hahaha, agents gonna agent:

“Free agency starts first of July, and we’ll go from there,” Lehto (Leino's agent) said. “His priority is to play in the NHL. He knows he’s a very good NHL player. Obviously, the past two seasons have been just average, I would say, but I’m not going to go and try and analyze what happened. I mean, we’ll just look forward.”

Lehto was merely talking up his client while saying Leino was average. The forward’s three-year stay in Buffalo was a complete disappointment, and he finished it as the most maligned player on the worst team in the league.

Leino's agent is named "Lehto"? That seems somewhat serendipitous. :)

However perhaps in light of the current situation, his agent should be named "Letgo" instead? ;)

BTW, if Letho is saying that 1 goal per season on average is "average" for Leino, what's above average for him? 2 goals a year? :lol:

And that's my point, where is the PR, the article, the tweet making it official? I won't believe it until I see it. I have this horrible feeling.

Timmy said he's gone. He's gone. Capgeek removed him as well.

Here ya go

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl Jun 18

Ville Leino clears waivers. Off the cap. All that's left now from Sabres' standpoint is to send him $7.333 million over the next six years.

• 1 month later...

So let's see...We have an athlete who evidently has no idea of what's expected of him, and now he's selling clothes. Well, this skit certainly comes to mind.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw8ZL_gcTSM

I hate to discourage an infrequent poster, but, umm, does that get funny? Because after the first minute, I had to shut it down.

I hate to discourage an infrequent poster, but, umm, does that get funny? Because after the first minute, I had to shut it down.

I liked it BB. Keep'em comin'.

If that isn't the perfect example of the ridiculousness of sports journalism then I don't know what to say. I guess they were 40 years ahead of us in Europe about soccer. Some guys really are see ball get ball guys, and that fine. Next time you watch a sports interview, I bet, just like with that video, you're going to feel the same way and want to shut it down. I always do.

I liked it BB. Keep'em comin'.

If that isn't the perfect example of the ridiculousness of sports journalism then I don't know what to say. I guess they were 40 years ahead of us in Europe about soccer. Some guys really are see ball get ball guys, and that fine. Next time you watch a sports interview, I bet, just like with that video, you're going to feel the same way and want to shut it down. I always do.

In fairness to BagBoy, I just don't normally find Monty Python funny. There are a couple of sketches that are great, and a couple of movie scenes that are unforgettably great, but on balance, not my thing. So, umm, keep python and carry on?

In fairness to BagBoy, I just don't normally find Monty Python funny. There are a couple of sketches that are great, and a couple of movie scenes that are unforgettably great, but on balance, not my thing. So, umm, keep python and carry on?

And we were so close to getting along. You are probably a terrible person. :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.