Leino needs to go!

Wyldnwoody44

Hmm the Stafford needs to go thread has 1239 more post, but in my opinion Leino needs to go first.

Stafford at least has something limited to offer. Leino would only be of interest to a team coming off a buyout or as a buy low UFA. He's been completely worthless. I just think he's lost all his motivation and is going through the motions.

Some of the assist that are given out seem to be given for "sympathy points", or some other lame reason, other than an earned assist. Omark was given an assist the other night after he lost the puck at the blue line to Florida player, who in return lost it to Stafford, who passed it to Ott and Ott passed it back to Stafford for the goal. That was 2 players that had the puck after Omark, how that adds up to an assist for Omark is confusing to me.

Maybe Leino's fall was sufficient distraction to the other team to allow the goal hence the assist? Maybe Leino could try clutching at his own throat and pretend his choking down in front of the other team's goal? Might make enough distraction to allow Buffalo to sneak it in? LOL

I can think of more Sabres that fizzled elsewhere than succeeded.

Roy, Vanek, Tropp, Gerbe, Leopold, Pom, Lydman, Tallinder, Regehr, Paille, Zubrus, Cambell,

Seems like a few made out ok and played or continue to play well after they left. We have a talent for getting rid of guys that can play too.

See here's the issue: compliance/amnesty buyouts, unless I'm mistaken, can only be used at the end of this year. After that in order to jettison Leino the Sabres either have to find a trade partner or normal-buyout which cuts into the cap. I don't know who is going to trade for him, and I'd hate if a few years down the road that cap penalty would be killing the team from bringing a good trade or UFA.

Buy Leino out with one of the two compliance boyouts, and give some scrub a 1-year $6M contract (John Scott!) each year until we need the space for a UFA worth that money.

We can only hope the second coming of the glass princess, Connolly, I mean Leino doesnt get "hurt" at the end of the season so we cannot buy him out.

Is it true that Ott said he fed Leino the puck once last night because he was trying to help him get a goal? Someone told me this at lunch today - but I didn't hear it first-hand.

That's kind of sad if true - sort of like a father hooking a fish and then handing the rod to his small child so they can 'reel it in'. :rolleyes:

Is it true that Ott said he fed Leino the puck once last night because he was trying to help him get a goal? Someone told me this at lunch today - but I didn't hear it first-hand.

That's kind of sad if true - sort of like a father hooking a fish and then handing the rod to his small child so they can 'reel it in'. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure it was said on the broadcast after Ott threw the puck to Leino on a 3 on 1.

And the result of the said play???

Guessing it wasn't a goal lol

defender tipped it well over leinos stick outta reach. Not sayin keep lame-o but he is developing some chemistry with Ott and Hodgson last couple games as well as getting into good spots on both sides of the ice. Again, this is not an endorsement, just a simple observation. Very simple.

defender tipped it well over leinos stick outta reach. Not sayin keep lame-o but he is developing some chemistry with Ott and Hodgson last couple games as well as getting into good spots on both sides of the ice. Again, this is not an endorsement, just a simple observation. Very simple.

I was at the Washington game and I saw zero from Leino except he drew a penalty that led to the 2nd Hodgson goal.... I missed a few of the last games other than that one, when he first got here it appeared he was stronger on the puck, especially in the corners, but something happened to him and he is as easy to take off the puck as a newborn these days.... He's not scoring which is a big deal, but when other aspects of game, forechecking, passing, physicality aren't there it just makes it 100 times worse

On Ott's goal, Leino had an open net with the goalie out of position and partially fanned on the shot and it squirted over to Ott, who put it in. Maybe Ott was just trying to pay Leino back for that great assist.

I think teddy said something along the lines of, he's not producing, he's being demoted to the 4th line and next step is a healthy scratch.... My old man told me that's what he heard so I'm not sure how accurate that is, but he really shouldn't be out there on the PP or 1st

/2nd line right now.... He has not earned it

Leino - Tank Commander - lololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, you guys (and gals) who are in the bag for "The Tank" should leave any and all references to General George S. Patton out of it

One of Patton's famous quotes -

"Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. "

Leino - Tank Commander - lololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, you guys (and gals) who are in the bag for "The Tank" should leave any and all references to General George S. Patton out of it

One of Patton's famous quotes -

"Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. "

I don't think Patton would mind if the team played their hearts out, lost but got the LAST laugh. ( Hopefully #1 overall )

Keep Leino - he absorbs so much criticism it lets the younger players grow in the shadow of his - whatever he tries to do.

The kids are all sitting around Foligno's apartment playing Call of Duty. Ennis is really good with the sniper role and Staff loves running with the shotgun because he's "that guy." They're about to win a round when Staff runs right in front of an Ennis shot and gets killed. Marcus, who has been out the entire round because he doesn't know how to not run right into the middle of everything, starts rolling in laughter on the couch, "BOY DREW, YOU REALLY LEINO'D THAT ONE!". Drew responds by firing every empty beer can in his reach at Foligno, who continues to laugh maniacally as Ennis stays alive just long enough to end the round in a draw.

leave any and all references to General George S. Patton out of it...

Yes, the quote adds to the irony. But, for fun, I'll counterpoint with another Pattonism.

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs, but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."

Time to hit bottom.

Keep Leino - he absorbs so much criticism it lets the younger players grow in the shadow of his - whatever he tries to do.

Haha, he'll prevent countless draft picks from being prematurely labeled busts. He's a hero.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.