• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

I should say I am not in favor of trading Ehrhoff. He brings us the only semblance of competence on the back end. Myers still worries. I'd rather Ehrhoff remain.

Give me Mantha in any deal for Ehrhoff.

I also don't want to move Ehrhoff or Myers, but if you blow TM away then he should and would consider it.

I wouldn't be thrilled with moving Ehroff, but you're right: if the return is right move him. LGR4GM is right though, if we move Ehroff we have nothing remotely comparable to a consistently functional NHL d-man, and if we move him and Tallinder, we don't really have anyone to help guide the new group of young d-men. So if we move Ehroff, I'd want some sort of veteran d-man coming back, and looking at Detroit's d-core, that's not something they have a lot of. The only real option that Detroit would part with who could fill in Ehroff's role on this team would be Ericsson IMO. He's more expensive than Ehroff, and not as productive, so I'd think Detroit might be willing to move him.

I'm with you Tank, Mantha is putting up some real nice numbers in the Q this year, and we desperately need some wingers in our farm system.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=136790

I wouldn't be thrilled with moving Ehroff, but you're right: if the return is right move him. LGR4GM is right though, if we move Ehroff we have nothing remotely comparable to a consistently functional NHL d-man, and if we move him and Tallinder, we don't really have anyone to help guide the new group of young d-men. So if we move Ehroff, I'd want some sort of veteran d-man coming back, and looking at Detroit's d-core, that's not something they have a lot of. The only real option that Detroit would part with who could fill in Ehroff's role on this team would be Ericsson IMO. He's more expensive than Ehroff, and not as productive, so I'd think Detroit might be willing to move him.

I'm with you Tank, Mantha is putting up some real nice numbers in the Q this year, and we desperately need some wingers in our farm system.

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=136790

How about we trade Moulson to LA and get Valentin Zykov back as part of the deal. There is a big skilled winger for you.

I should say I am not in favor of trading Ehrhoff. He brings us the only semblance of competence on the back end. Myers still worries. I'd rather Ehrhoff remain.

Think 2014/2015 Tank. Our long term future on D is in good hands with Risto/Zad/McCabe/Pysyk/Myers

Interesting. I don't foresee the Wings trading for him. They can get depth elsewhere. There are other teams desperate enough for him that will probably pay a premium for him.

I think Ehrhoff is exactly the player Detroit needs. Their defense is atrocious and they haven't had a guy like Ehrhoff since they lost Lidstrom to retirement.

I just don't know if Detroit will want to meet the asking price. But I think they'd be wise to do so. He's the kind of guy they need.

I think Ehrhoff is exactly the player Detroit needs. Their defense is atrocious and they haven't had a guy like Ehrhoff since they lost Lidstrom to retirement.

I just don't know if Detroit will want to meet the asking price. But I think they'd be wise to do so. He's the kind of guy they need.

Kronwall is better than Ehrhoff.

(But Detroit could certainly use Ehrhoff.)

How about we trade Moulson to LA and get Valentin Zykov back as part of the deal. There is a big skilled winger for you.

He's probably the more reasonable option (I'd be really surprised if Detroit was willing to part with Mantha), but any deal with LA I want either Toffoli or Martin Jones coming back. They're just starting to heat up, and the only thing holding them back is a little offensive help. I think we can get them to overpay for Moulson

If you bundle Ehrhoff and Moulson together you can achieve an immediate impact player in return. Moulson can replace the scoring any current roster player on a contender may be willing to give up. They only need him this year and it would take a team who thinks they have some other talent coming (or can sign Moulson).

So, if Ehrhoff shores up a teams defense and Moulson fills the spot of the scoring that leaves the Sabres get back a 1st, prospect, and top line scoring player I could see it happening.

Bah.. we'll see what happens. I think, if nothing else, trades will be creative.

Kronwall is better than Ehrhoff.

(But Detroit could certainly use Ehrhoff.)

Kronwall is better defensively for sure. But Ehrhoff could really give them some offensive talent and veteran presence. The rest of their defense are basically kids.

Kronwall is better defensively for sure. But Ehrhoff could really give them some offensive talent and veteran presence. The rest of their defense are basically kids.

And that isn't working for them... hmmm

Yea lets trade our only veteran defender to detroit or somewhere so we can let the kids show us what they got. The kids will be fine I am sure... <_<

And that isn't working for them... hmmm

Yea lets trade our only veteran defender to detroit or somewhere so we can let the kids show us what they got. The kids will be fine I am sure... <_<

The difference is we aren't trying to be competitive right now. Detroit wants the playoffs.

Detroit would be crazy to move many prospects or picks right now. They're at a point right now where they need to seriously start looking towards the future. Age is going to be a very serious issue there soon if it isn't already.

But they really don't want their playoff streak to end.

I also think they've got a LOT of good kids in the system. I don't think it would kill them to move one or two.

Where does it stop? A team needs some veteran leadership to rebuild around. How in the hell is a team going to build and improve when the average age is 19? This is getting ridiculous and I'm starting to lose confidence in this team moving forward.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

The difference is we aren't trying to be competitive right now. Detroit wants the playoffs.

Yep.

Also, we can bring in some more vets this offseason (not that they will likely be high end). Also, do we not have coaches?

this is true.

As is this. I'd really like for him to stay, as he adds a better veteran presence to our D corps than Hank does.

this is true.

As is this. I'd really like for him to stay, as he adds a better veteran presence to our D corps than Hank does.

I want Ehrhoff to stay too. I like him. But I think he has a lot of value on the trade market, so I wont be mad if GMTM gets a good deal for him.