[OT] Snowmagheddon

Weave

Dude, they shut down Ohio State University (excuse me, THE Ohio State University, go blue) because it's been deemed too cold to let kids walk to class. I guess my home has 13 inches of snow and a solid level 3 snow emergency going through Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. I was hoping we'd get some of that. I'd love a new blanket of snow.

Dude, they shut down Ohio State University (excuse me, THE Ohio State University, go blue) because it's been deemed too cold to let kids walk to class. I guess my home has 13 inches of snow and a solid level 3 snow emergency going through Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. I was hoping we'd get some of that. I'd love a new blanket of snow.

Vanderbilt (my employer) is closed today... you know, 'cus the kids might get a runny nose on the way to class and Mommy and Daddy might get upset about that. 70 years ago kids this age were storming the beaches of Normandy... now they can't walk to class in the cold. We've gone soft as a nation. ;)

I miss looking out the window and seeing freshly fallen snow. I miss intentional fish tails as you make a turn from a stop sign. That grey slushy crap in parking lots, not so much.

I love that while my Subaru does have traction control, it has fairly laid-back attitude about it so you can slide around a fair bit before it kicks in. I still turn it off from time to time though. :)

Odd weather here too. Teens and snow on Saturday, freezing rain and ice yesterday, warmed up to 55 this morning, it was snowing a bit ago, and it'll be in the single digits tonight.

I love that while my Subaru does have traction control, it has fairly laid-back attitude about it so you can slide around a fair bit before it kicks in. I still turn it off from time to time though. :)

Odd weather here too. Teens and snow on Saturday, freezing rain and ice yesterday, warmed up to 55 this morning, it was snowing a bit ago, and it'll be in the single digits tonight.

yupp! love doing this

I love snow and am jealous of any amount you guys get. There was a stretch when I went to Fredonia where it didn't stop snowing for two weeks, not "it snowed every day for two weeks". It never stopped snowing for two weeks, and on the last day we got 26".

Awesome. I miss it.

I'm with you, Swamp. I'll take snow every day of the week over the freezing rain bullsh!t we got yesterday. Effing sump pump is malfunctioning and dumping water back onto my basement floor instead of outside. And tomorrow it's going to be 11 degrees. Curse this bipolar Mid-Atlantic weather pattern!

waaaah I miss my baby... The Fiesta I'm renting sure does slide... I've got to figure out how to drive it properly. I never realized how much I love my Impreza until I don't have it. I can't do a controlled Scandi flick now! :(

Well I finally broke down this morning and got quality tires to replace the POS stock ones that came with my car...which inevitably means this storm will be a dud (I needed tires anyway, I'm not nearly paranoid enough to buy them for a storm). So when the lake bands completely miss Buffalo and its immediate suburbs, you'll have me to thank :P

I'm in Hamburg, and I fully expect to get hammered with snow. But I really don't mind, as I don't need to leave the house until at least Wednesday. I heard the news say that Chicago is getting -50F wind chills. That is absolutely crazy. Times like this make me feel extremely fortunate to have a nice warm home, cuz lots of people don't.

I work in downtown Buffalo - so far, only a little snow (although it snowed hard enough a short time ago so that I couldn't see across the street for about 15 minutes). Right now, just a little snow blowing around. Not too bad...yet. I could be wrong, but I think the predictions of the Snowpocalypse are a bit premature...

I drove from springville to west Seneca a few hours ago and from the ville until orchard park it's was whiteout and nasty out..... Once I hit west Seneca it was just heavy winds.... Now out by the lake for dinner and the wind has picked up, but nothing too torrential quite yet.... I think it makes the lake look pretty.

White knuckled ride home. Not much snow falling yet, but I'm in farm country, the wind is really screaming across the open fields and you can't see 2 car lengths in front of you. Slow crawl home.

Stay safe commuters!

Archived