[OT] Snowmagheddon

Weave

It's 17 currently here in RTP, NC this morning. I'm still trying to figure out why my kids school was delayed for two hours as it's just bitterly cold but dry as a bone outside. They go to private school that has no busing, 95% of the kids are dropped off by their parents at the carpool line and the other 5% actually live in the neighborhood and have to walk no more than a few hundred yards.

It's 17 currently here in RTP, NC this morning. I'm still trying to figure out why my kids school was delayed for two hours as it's just bitterly cold but dry as a bone outside. They go to private school that has no busing, 95% of the kids are dropped off by their parents at the carpool line and the other 5% actually live in the neighborhood and have to walk no more than a few hundred yards.

It seems crazy, but it depends on what the area is accustomed to I suppose. I mean, our schools here are closed due to -10F and windy, but that's a normal winter day in many parts of Alberta. LOL They probably wonder what's wrong with us for over-reacting so? :)

Genesee County just implemented a total driving ban. More I-90 exits are being shut down. The state police are directing tractor trailers off the I-90 at the Pembroke exit and telling them to park it at Darien Lakes parking lot. The state cleared the lot to give the semis a place to shut it down.

It's up to 0 now. About 18 hrs straight where the temp has been 0 or below... I can't remember the daytime temps staying that cold in the last 20 or 30 years.

I had to refill my bird-feeder. Usually I fill every 2-3 days. Today I topped it up to overflowing about 7:30 AM, and it was already almost empty. Poor birds! It's gotta be tough to get enough food for calories for heat.

It has not gotten above -3 here in extreme northern PA yet, and the wind is occasionally gusting to 25-30 mph. But we have blue skies, which lured me out for a walk that I intended to be a couple of miles but lasted only half a mile — I took my glove off to text, and in just that time, no feeling in the fingers. At least I can say I went out in it.

It has not gotten above -3 here in extreme northern PA yet, and the wind is occasionally gusting to 25-30 mph. But we have blue skies, which lured me out for a walk that I intended to be a couple of miles but lasted only half a mile — I took my glove off to text, and in just that time, no feeling in the fingers. At least I can say I went out in it.

When I woke up this AM at 5 it was -8.7. At 11am it was still -8. Right now the local weather observation site is reading -2.1.

I do NOT want to go out into that to clear the driveway.

Archived