[OT] Snowmagheddon

Weave

It's a balmy 19 degrees here in Jacksonville, NC with a wind chill of 4 degrees. The really ###### part is there's absolutely zero precipitation so I have to work a full 8 hours. We had rain before the cold weather and in a couple of days when the warm weather returns we'll get more rain but the few days it's actually cold enough to snow we get nothing.

It's still -9 F here at 10:30 AM.... and a nice strong gusty wind from the south-southwest. My thermostat sets back during the day - never seen it drop so quickly during the off-cycle. Dropped about 7 degrees in two hours - as much as it normally drops during the entire 9 hr setback period. LOL

It's still -9 F here at 10:30 AM.... and a nice strong gusty wind from the south-southwest. My thermostat sets back during the day - never seen it drop so quickly during the off-cycle. Dropped about 7 degrees in two hours - as much as it normally drops during the entire 9 hr setback period. LOL

Weatherbug is a neat site. there are local weather observation stations all over that feed it. the one closest to me is maybe 1500 ft away. It is currently reading -7.7F and 14mph winds. I cannot recall the last time we had day time temps as cold as this.

Weatherbug is a neat site. there are local weather observation stations all over that feed it. the one closest to me is maybe 1500 ft away. It is currently reading -7.7F and 14mph winds. I cannot recall the last time we had day time temps as cold as this.

Well, it's up to -7 F, and the furnace just kicked on as the home dropped the entire 9 F daytime thermostat setback in 2 hrs and 45 minutes. The average winter day - the heat never turns on during the 8 hr 45 minute setback period. Amazing how cold it is with the wind. It's been zero or below here since about 8 pm last night.

Archived