Sabres claim Zenon Konopka

Two or less

New guys usually get reamed if they post a strong opinion... but once they post for a while they're accepted into the "pack" or "pride" or whatever you call it.

I remember getting destroyed back in the day for suggesting that Brian Campbell was much more valuable to the team than the board was giving him credit for!

And WTF were you thinking!!??!! :P

Yeah, good guy.

Could've been diamonds for the Sabres, if Regier hadn't believed gutting the team of all veteran leadership and talent in two off-seasons didn't matter.

Maybe things would've turned out differently.

We'll never know for certain, but I am pretty sure that letting Soupy go was another TG/LQ brainstorm.

I may or may not do a doodle of Ott and Konopka with their bunnies, flanking a John Scott in overalls Of Mice and Men style. This is just too bizarre to ignore.

Only if John Scott is stroking a puppy with a Brad Marchand face (Phil Kessel may be more appropriate).

Only if John Scott is stroking a puppy with a Brad Marchand face (Phil Kessel may be more appropriate).

:w00t:

I was just gonna go with him crushing chocolate easter bunnies in his ham hands... I wish there was a way to cleverly show that he is actually a smart dude. Pocket protector in the overalls? ....aaand now I'm putting too much thought into a silly sketch.

I was just gonna go with him crushing chocolate easter bunnies in his ham hands... I wish there was a way to cleverly show that he is actually a smart dude. Pocket protector in the overalls? ....aaand now I'm putting too much thought into a silly sketch.

Bunnies! The theme is bunnies!

We'll never know for certain, but I am pretty sure that letting Soupy go was another TG/LQ brainstorm.

They put Soupy in the same situation they put every other young, talented player on that team in :

"Yeah, we had to let six veterans including a couple of captains go, you're all bumped up a line, no go win a Stanley Cup".

I'm sure we can revisit history but I thought it was a clear cut case of not wanting to pay him his demands.

I agree -- and I think that was a TG/LQ decision, not a DR one.

They put Soupy in the same situation they put every other young, talented player on that team in :

"Yeah, we had to let six veterans including a couple of captains go, you're all bumped up a line, no go win a Stanley Cup".

I would put Soupy in the same category as Drury and Briere -- not Roy/Max/TC -- i.e. he was one of the expensive vets they decided to let go.

I agree -- and I think that was a TG/LQ decision, not a DR one.

I would put Soupy in the same category as Drury and Briere -- not Roy/Max/TC -- i.e. he was one of the expensive vets they decided to let go.

Agewise he was a vet, but he was a late bloomer and didn't really come into his own until the 05/06 season, as I recall it.

He wasn't dealt until a season and a half after Black Sunday.

I always viewed him as someone who ended up being expected to carry the team forward, and when he couldn't carry a team of plugs and 2nd year NHL'ers, they decided to let him go.

Good for him.

Agewise he was a vet, but he was a late bloomer and didn't really come into his own until the 05/06 season, as I recall it.

He wasn't dealt until a season and a half after Black Sunday.

I always viewed him as someone who ended up being expected to carry the team forward, and when he couldn't carry a team of plugs and 2nd year NHL'ers, they decided to let him go.

Good for him.

Well, he was traded in February 2008 -- so about 2/3 of a season post-black Sunday (which was July 2007).

He wanted a $5MM x 5 years extension in the summer of 2007, which the Sabres refused to give him -- until they offered him very close to the same deal in February 2008, when he turned them down because he knew the cash would be much better a few months later as a UFA.

I've always viewed the Sabres' refusal to give him that extension in the summer of 2007 as being of a piece with, and the sequel to, their butchering of the Drury/Briere situation.

What a debacle.

New guys usually get reamed if they post a strong opinion... but once they post for a while they're accepted into the "pack" or "pride" or whatever you call it.

I remember getting destroyed back in the day for suggesting that Brian Campbell was much more valuable to the team than the board was giving him credit for!

Thats why my first post was complaining about the lockout. Now way I'd get reamed...

This guy...is so f*cking Buffalo it hurts. Polish kid, undrafted, works hard to fight his way into the NHL, and relies on any good luck charm he can come up with to help his teams to success.

I bet he's stoked for Easter.

My new favorite player.

Just use the look on his face and sparkle in his eye to convey the true spirit of the man. You can also draw in a book on string theory on the floor near his chair.

Well, he was traded in February 2008 -- so about 2/3 of a season post-black Sunday (which was July 2007).

He wanted a $5MM x 5 years extension in the summer of 2007, which the Sabres refused to give him -- until they offered him very close to the same deal in February 2008, when he turned them down because he knew the cash would be much better a few months later as a UFA.

I've always viewed the Sabres' refusal to give him that extension in the summer of 2007 as being of a piece with, and the sequel to, their butchering of the Drury/Briere situation.

What a debacle.

You're right, of course.

And yup, was an epic cluster######.

Not sure, but I don't think you can call the collective Sabres fandom a "pride."

This guy...is so f*cking Buffalo it hurts. Polish kid, undrafted, works hard to fight his way into the NHL, and relies on any good luck charm he can come up with to help his teams to success.

I bet he's stoked for Easter.

Just wait til Dyngus Day!!! Get that man a squirt gun!

Usually the criticism for "newness" comes because of the content of the posts and the poster acting like a jackass/being cocky like they run the place or have been around here for a long time and deserve everyones respect

I'm also fairly new here and I find most of the posters do give you a level of respect! Even though my first few posts I came across as a jackass haha

Not sure, but I don't think you can call the collective Sabres fandom a "pride."

I'd say it's more of a "gaggle" or a "murder" also I think a good one might be a "crash" lol

I'd say it's more of a "gaggle" or a "murder" also I think a good one might be a "crash" lol

I think it's officially "a loathing of Sabres fans". Also, Bills fans.

Archived