Sabres claim Zenon Konopka

Two or less

After his first ~20 games of getting used to the NHL, he's been good and he just keeps getting better. To my eye he's already too good for the A.

I think we're disagreeing because we have different ideas of what "too good for the AHL" actually means. To me it means a top-6 forward on a good team. Girgensons is a top-6 player on the worst team in the league, and putting up uninspiring numbers. If he were in the AHL he'd probably be one of the league's better players, but to me that doesn't make him too good for the league.

They aren't painted, there's a line of pads out that they make to look retro like the old school pads. I know someone with a pair from Simmons in Fort Erie who made them for a few years there.

Would goalies really use a new/different set of pads for a game? I thought they were generally pretty picky about them.

Zenon has a bunny he brings to the rink. Or used to, anyway. I couldn't have made that up.

@ZenonKonopka

Things to do 1.get to Buff 2.get Hoppy a Sabres Jersey 3.beat the Devils 4.give Rob Ray a high five 5.eat chicken wings and pizza #Sabres

@ZenonKonopka

@BuffaloSabres Growing up 35mins from the old Aud As a kid I dreamt of one day playing for the Sabres- I couldn't be happier #HiMomgoBills

@ZenonKonopka

Things to do 1.get to Buff 2.get Hoppy a Sabres Jersey 3.beat the Devils 4.give Rob Ray a high five 5.eat chicken wings and pizza #Sabres

@ZenonKonopka

@BuffaloSabres Growing up 35mins from the old Aud As a kid I dreamt of one day playing for the Sabres- I couldn't be happier #HiMomgoBills

Seems genuinely happy to be a Sabre. Good for him.

@ZenonKonopka

@ZenonKonopka

Love this guy already.

McCormick (when healthy), Scott, and Konopka would make a helluva rough 4th line.

I was pining for Buffalo to pick up Konopka a couple seasons ago. He's a decent faceoff guy. Good 4th liner.

As if we don't have enough of those. :(

Unless Konopka is here to replace Scott. We can only hope.

Archived