Sabres claim Zenon Konopka

Two or less

Disagree....the role Scott is meant to play is to fight and win against all competition, as we felt the NHL wouldn't protect our stars. Cody/Ott/Foligno are nothing more than middleweights.

I think it's funny that so much time is devoted to worrying about a guy eating up 5-10 minutes of ice time. Our problem is not having anything close to a first or second line. The fourth line guy we're rolling out there really doesn't matter. Shawn Thornton is always propped up as a "goon" who can play. Look at the stats for him. One 10 goal year that makes everyone believe he can play. Other than that, he's averaging roughly 4 goals in 75 games while getting 8-10 minutes a night. I think if any human being plays that much in a year, odds are that they can chip in 3-5 goals.

I fail to see how Scott is any different than Parros, Boulton, Thornton etc. All are just fourth line players who don't chip in on things like the PK. The only difference is that Scott is the favorite any time they drop the gloves.

Thornton is a role player that can play a regular shift without killing you. That's what makes him valuable to the Bruins and differentiates him from the Scott types. Thornton is far and away a better hockey player than Scott. I not a fan of Boulton or Parros, they can go the way of Scott for all I care.

So you agree with me, then?

If your point is that you were wrong about Scott, then yes, I agree you are wrong.

Yes, Brule retired because he did not want to play in the AHL. Playing for the Sabres could possibly change that...it's worth finding out.

But, thanks for such a stellar response, and providing a quality answer.

I knew the "jerk" response would come from you, from what I had seen in the past...thanks for the warm "welcome." :rolleyes:

He was answering your question. Don't get all butt hurt.

Thornton is a role player that can play a regular shift without killing you. That's what makes him valuable to the Bruins and differentiates him from the Scott types. Thornton is far and away a better hockey player than Scott. I not a fan of Boulton or Parros, they can go the way of Scott for all I care.

If your point is that you were wrong about Scott, then yes, I agree you are wrong.

Thornton is also a far bigger scumbag. But we knew you would overlook that.

He answered my question, but it is pretty much irrelevant. Gilbert Brule refused his demotion to the AHL..so if Buffalo claimed him to play IN Buffalo, then his point is moot. I was looking for why Konopka is a better fit for this team, than players known as offensive players, such as Brule and Tedenby?

I was not looking for information I was already well-aware of.

(Sorry, I have no clue how to "quote" something...I click the "quote" button on your post, but it does nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!)

He answered my question, but it is pretty much irrelevant. Gilbert Brule refused his demotion to the AHL..so if Buffalo claimed him to play IN Buffalo, then his point is moot. I was looking for why Konopka is a better fit for this team, than players known as offensive players, such as Brule and Tedenby?

(Sorry, I have no clue how to "quote" something...I click the "quote" button on your post, but it does nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!)

If you click the quote button, it'll put the text from his post into a box like the one above in the "reply" field.

Robviously...thank you. But, I tried with your post, and nothing worked?

It feels like my typing is really slow too (lagging), but only on this website...brand new laptop too. :( Really weird.

*Anyways, I just want to say sorry if I came across as a jerk, not my intentions...I feel very honored to be here, after lurking for so many years. ;)

It feels like my typing is really slow too (lagging), but only on this website...brand new laptop too. :( Really weird.

*Anyways, I just want to say sorry if I came across as a jerk, not my intentions...I feel very honored to be here, after lurking for so many years. ;)

Take a look at that paperclip looking thing on the upper left of the "reply to this topic" box. Try clicking it, and see if things free up. I have the same problems sometimes. The rest of the reply menu will go blank, but it might work.

That wasn't my point and you nitpicking details instead of addressing my overall point tells all I need to know about what you really think. You just can't admit it. Feel free to PM if you want to do it private so you can save face.

Yes, Brule retired because he did not want to play in the AHL. Playing for the Sabres could possibly change that...it's worth finding out.

But, thanks for such a stellar response, and providing a quality answer.

I knew the "jerk" response would come from you, from what I had seen in the past...thanks for the warm "welcome." :rolleyes:

I'm not against your point. Better examples just would've helped.

I usually type from my phone, but when you reply, hit the quote button and then scroll down to the last line after the posters txt.... You should see a (\quote) type symbol... Go to the end of that and hit enter... Go down a line and type your message in, when you hit reply it should work as you expect as long as what you type is in after that quote symbol.

He was answering your question. Don't get all butt hurt.

Thornton is also a far bigger scumbag. But we knew you would overlook that.

They're only "scumbags" when they wear a different uniform.

That wasn't my point and you nitpicking details instead of addressing my overall point tells all I need to know about what you really think. You just can't admit it. Feel free to PM if you want to do it private so you can save face.

Your entire point has blown up. Your paranoia regarding the Sabres, and the Bills, has caused a level of desperation in your posts that hasn't been seen around here in some time. No need to PM, what if Bettman and Goodell has access an can read our thoughts. :blink:

Last night was another perfect example of a classic John Scott game. 7:32 of ice time and a lazy 2:00 minute penalty where Scott looks bewildered while questioning why he is getting two minutes as if he doesn't know you just can't grab players and drag them to the ice. He is easily the worst player n the NHL.

They're only "scumbags" when they wear a different uniform.

Your entire point has blown up. Your paranoia regarding the Sabres, and the Bills, has caused a level of desperation in your posts that hasn't been seen around here in some time. No need to PM, what if Bettman and Goodell has access an can read our thoughts. :blink:

Last night was another perfect example of a classic John Scott game. 7:32 of ice time and a lazy 2:00 minute penalty where Scott looks bewildered while questioning why he is getting two minutes as if he doesn't know you just can't grab players and drag them to the ice. He is easily the worst player n the NHL.

I am not sure if he is the worst player but the top 5 worst player list he should make easily. If you want an example for an even worse player i can't give it to you, because i do not know all the other teams well enough.

Nevertheless, I like him, because he gives me a good feeling that we can drop the a bomb if someone tries to repeat the Lucic move. With our current roster it does not matter to lose a roster spot, so we can have fun with him ( or not).

I pointed ou Brule's availability at least a month ago on this board. I said it was at least worth a try because we need the offense. I was shot down by several posters, ridiculed even. Now I don't claim to know everything, especially about salary cap and all that crap but I have followed his team from the very beginning. Even thought there's some knowledgeable posters here, there's a smarmy and patently know-it-all unfriendliness going on with this board so don't be surprised when you get shot down by people who can't express themselves in any way other than to put other people down.

I pointed ou Brule's availability at least a month ago on this board. I said it was at least worth a try because we need the offense. I was shot down by several posters, ridiculed even. Now I don't claim to know everything, especially about salary cap and all that crap but I have followed his team from the very beginning. Even thought there's some knowledgeable posters here, there's a smarmy and patently know-it-all unfriendliness going on with this board so don't be surprised when you get shot down by people who can't express themselves in any way other than to put other people down.

I didn't remember that going down the way you say, so I searched. Wow. Ridiculed? Really?

yep Brule was made out to be some kind of gay blade.

They were having a little fun with his name. They were not ridiculing you as you suggested above.

The closest you got to ridicule was one poster asking rhetorically if he was good enough to crack our top 6. And that simply isn't ridicule.

it sucks to have any idea outside the box, throw it out there and you get met with idiotic responses. you'd think that someone would address this intelligently but apparently not one person. Herd mentality. People like to pick people apart here, it's sad.

it sucks to have any idea outside the box, throw it out there and you get met with idiotic responses. you'd think that someone would address this intelligently but apparently not one person. Herd mentality. People like to pick people apart here, it's sad.

Whoa. Who is picking who apart?

You came up with the idea to sign Brule. 2 posters responded suggesting 1. he isn't good enough top crack our scoring lines and 2. If the Sabres were at all interested he'd be here. A 3rd made an attempt at humor re: his last name and three others went with the humor. Not one person ridiculed you or your idea. Not. One.

If you want to see what ridicule looks like try posting on almost any other sports forum.

Uh, last night, it was a penalty. Did I complain about that? Forget about J.B. Smoove, I think you're my favorite spice.

You mentioning paranoia is interesting,… and hilarious. I just call it like I see it. Don't worry, I'd rather not have JS on the team either. On my SC contending team, Foligno would have to improve to make my 4th line.

Yeesh, you're as soft as Tim Connolly.

See, that's ridicule.

Two people made a play on his name, which happens to fit nicely with the Sabres of 2 years ago, who were often labeled as "cupcakes" or "cream-puffs".

The posts I read clearly were not meant as ridicule, rather a bit of kidding around with the team of yesteryear.

The current Sabres may suck, but they're everything but soft.

Archived