GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa 12-12-13 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

454951459_slide.jpg

BUF (7-22-2) at OTT (12-14-6) – THU DEC 12 – 7:30 PM EST – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup (pending warmups)

26 Matt Moulson – 63 Tyler Ennis – 28 Zemgus Girgensons

82 Marcus Foligno – 9 Steve Ott ("C") – 21 Drew Stafford

72 Luke Adam – 23 Ville Leino – 27 Matt D'Agostini

32 John Scott – 8 Cody McCormick – 65 Brian Flynn

X: 19 Cody Hodgson (LBI)

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 57 Tyler Myers

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 4 Jamie McBain

44 6 Mike Weber – 3 Mark Pysyk

X: Brayden McNabb (healthy)

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

OTTAWA SENATORS

Projected Lineup (pending warmups)

16 Clarke MacArthur – 19 Jason Spezza ("C") – 93 Mika Zibanejad

89 Cory Conacher – 7 Kyle Turris – 6 Bobby Ryan

14 Colin Greening – 44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau – 25 Chris Neil ("A")

9 Milan Michalek – 15 Zack Smith – 22 Erik Condra

X: 28 Matt Kassian (healthy)

77 Joe Corvo – 65 Erik Karlsson

4 Chris Phillips ("A") – 5 Cody Ceci

62 Eric Gryba – 46 Patrick Wiercioch

X: 2 Jared Cowen (suspended), 3 Marc Methot (flu)

41 Craig Anderson

40 Robin Lehner

41 Craig Anderson

40 Robin Lehner

PREGAME LINKS

Senators seek split of home-and-home with Sabres

Jared Cowen suspended two games for illegal check

Game Preview: 12/12/13 at Ottawa Senators

Suspension comes at bad time for Ottawa Sens defenceman Jared Cowen

Stats Say Girgensons Has Been Even Better Than You Think

Sabres at Senators Game Notes PDF

Press Clips: 12/12/13 vs Ottawa Senators

Gameday Journal: Game 33 — Sabres vs. Senators

Sens Head Coach Paul MacLean speaks with media before tonight's game against the Buffalo Sabres

Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Canadian Tire Centre

THE MORNING SKATE: HODGSON TO MISS SECOND HALF OF BACK-TO-BACK AGAINST SENATORS

Dan Dunleavy previews Thursday night's game against the Senators at Canadian Tire Centre

Mark Pysyk speaks with Dan Dunleavy following Thursday's morning skate at Canadian Tire Centre

Zemgus Girgensons speaks with the media following Thursdays morning skate at Canadian Tire Centre

Luke Adam speaks with Dan Dunleavy following Thursday's morning skate at Canadian Tire Centre

Joe Sacco speaks with Dan Dunleavy prior to Thursday night's game against the Senators at Canadian Tire Center

POSTGAME LINKS

SABRES GENERATE CHANCES, BUT FALL SHORT

Brian Duff and Dan Duleavy recap the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Senators

Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Thursday night's 2-1 loss to the Senators

Ville Leino speaks with Dan Dunleavy following the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Senators

Drew Stafford speaks with Brian Duff and Brad May following the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Senators

Tyler Ennis speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Senators

Ryan Miller speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Senators

I would like for them to win this one so the crowd might have a little spark on Saturday as they come off back to back wins. For those not wanting wins for draft position, you really have nothing to worry about if you look at the schedule. Let's get some confidence going with these guys and see them have a little fun here.

There is no Crosby in this draft. Picking second or third will not be a disaster.

And we are so far back that a .500 record from here on in (highly unlikely) wouldn't be enough to move out of the bottom three.

It's OK to cheer for wins.

Awesome. GO SABRES !

That WGR article by Coller about Girgensons is pretty insightful; it quantifies how well he's been playing.

On the other hand, no one needs that article to tell them that, least of all professional hockey evaluators. It's just pocket protectors being pocket protectors.

On the other hand, no one needs that article to tell them that, least of all professional hockey evaluators. It's just pocket protectors being pocket protectors.

Now, now. Casual fans (read: not us) like to read articles sometimes. The casual fan may read the stat line of seven points in 30 games and not see it until it's pointed out that four of those points are in the last five games. I'd rather see an article that reports that the sky is blue based in facts than a slime ball editorial rooted in opinion.

Two questions:

You didn't find that to be an interesting article?

What do you mean by "pocket protectors being pocket protectors?"

I would like for them to win this one so the crowd might have a little spark on Saturday as they come off back to back wins. For those not wanting wins for draft position, you really have nothing to worry about if you look at the schedule. Let's get some confidence going with these guys and see them have a little fun here.

Whoa, it's not a simple schedule but it's not overly difficult one either. In the next 11 we only play a team in the top 5 within their respective conference twice (both Boston). We also play 6 games against non-playoff teams (Ottawa, Calgary, Winnipeg twice, Pheonix and NJ) and 3 against middling teams in Toronto (who is playing horrendous right now), Minny and Washington. Tank Nation must live on!! Take no games for granted!

Senators D Marc Methot out with the flu with D Cody Ceci recalled from Binghamton in his place. Matt Kassian will be healthy scratched tonight. Craig Anderson to start in goal. Mika Zibanejad will be moved into the top six. Sens Line Combinations and Defense Pairings - TBD

I'd guess it's a Girgensons-related virus after the beating Z gave him on the forecheck the other night.

Whoa, it's not a simple schedule but it's not overly difficult one either. In the next 11 we only play a team in the top 5 within their respective conference twice (both Boston). We also play 6 games against non-playoff teams (Ottawa, Calgary, Winnipeg twice, Pheonix and NJ) and 3 against middling teams in Toronto (who is playing horrendous right now), Minny and Washington. Tank Nation must live on!! Take no games for granted!

Preach on, brother Derrico!

Will Leino be watching again?

I still think Leino should be on the right wing with CoHo instead of D'Agostini. That'd be my move if I was coach. But, Nolan must see something I don't. Personally, I've seen next to nothing out of D'Agostini that would warrant top-2 line minutes.

I still think Leino should be on the right wing with CoHo instead of D'Agostini. That'd be my move if I was coach. But, Nolan must see something I don't. Personally, I've seen next to nothing out of D'Agostini that would warrant top-2 line minutes.

Doesn't Leino play center (ha ha) or LEFT wing?

Doesn't Leino play center (ha ha) or LEFT wing?

No one knows who plays what position at this point! :P

@BuffaloSabres

Ted Nolan says Ville Leino will be back in the lineup tonight. Cody Hodgson is likely out with a lower-body injury. #sabres -CR

CoHo hasn't been playing well as of late. I wonder if this is one of those phantom injury sorts of things...

If it means anything, the Sabres have had the toughest schedule of the bottom 12 teams up to this point.

Archived