GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa 12-12-13 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

In the last two games, it seems to me the Sabres are playing ALL 3 periods. I think Ted has turned things around - it won't be a championship team - the talent isn't there for that, particularly in terms of players who can score but.... at least they compete and are competitive.

In the last two games, it seems to me the Sabres are playing ALL 3 periods. I think Ted has turned things around - it won't be a championship team - the talent isn't there for that, particularly in terms of players who can score but.... at least they compete and are competitive.

I agree. It would have been nice to see what Nolan could have got out of this team with the old core (Roy, Pominville, Vanek, Gaustad, Connolly, etc.) but while I suspect the results would have been better than what we did see, we likely wouldn't have made it out of the second round of the playoffs so it's best to just look to the future and try to figure out how we'll manage to find and develop some more talent to add to the budding new core of Ennis, Girgensons, Foligno, Ehrhoff, Psysk, Myers.

I agree. It would have been nice to see what Nolan could have got out of this team with the old core (Roy, Pominville, Vanek, Gaustad, Connolly, etc.) but while I suspect the results would have been better than what we did see, we likely wouldn't have made it out of the second round of the playoffs so it's best to just look to the future and try to figure out how we'll manage to find and develop some more talent to add to the budding new core of Ennis, Girgensons, Foligno, Ehrhoff, Psysk, Myers.

Goose scored a really nice goal for the Preds last night. His 5th of the season (which would put him 3rd on the Sabres). :angel:

Yeah, though it seems more and more clear that the lacklustre teams we saw in the 2000's and since Black Sunday were closely tied to the old management and coaching staff, it's really no use tromping around in it.

I'm with you, looking ahead, and looking forward to the next 3-4 years.

That John Scott penalty was suspect at best. Anderson was well outside the crease and Scott was pushed. Since when do they not only disallow the goal, but also give the penalty? Whatever.

Good period, but that call just chaffed me.

That was just awful - and the SECOND goal in two games that the officials took away from the Sabres. AND, the consequence of the penalty was the winning goal was scored just moments after the Scott PP ended.

I have to wonder about the honesty and integrity of these so called hockey 'officials' - I was FURIOUS watching both games!!!

I have never seen a team so incapable of shooting the puck. Dear god we lack goal scoring.

Hard to believe all those breakaways and no goals as a result. Is it just me, or does Stafford always seems to aim directly at the numbers on the goalie's chest?

Archived