GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa 12-12-13 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Ennis is back and can be saved. Leino is just a total waste. Nobody has disliked Stafford more than me over the last few years but something is different about him - am I crazy

He's different, yes, but where ever he disappeared to he left his ability to score.

He's different, yes, but where ever he disappeared to he left his ability to score.

No Sabre has a great shooting %, but Stafford's is a .028, (2 goals on 71 shots, going into tonight's game) lowest on the team for anyone that has scored. He's well overdue to net a couple.

No Sabre has a great shooting %, but Stafford's is a .028, (2 goals on 71 shots, going into tonight's game) lowest on the team for anyone that has scored. He's well overdue to net a couple.

I'll just keep on holding my breath, then...

Listened to the game and on the late breakaway I got super excited, then when Rick told me who it was on the breakaway I relaxed before he even said that Stafford didn't score.

They looked like the team they are becoming under Ted.

Good hustle and puck pressure, created a lot of chances and muffed nearly all of them.

Ennis was outstanding. Carrying the puck, beating defencemen and creating chances.

Looked like the same guy who was lighting it up with Stafford and Foligno two years ago.

John Scott had a tough game (even by John Scott standards).

D'Agostini had horrible giveaway, but also his best game as a Sabre.

Stafford, Leino and D'Agostini all played pretty well they had 13 SOG's between them and numerous scoring chances, but even with that, I never had the feeling any of them were going to score. Their best scoring chances end up going wide or never get off the stick. These 3 are not the only ones that can't find the back of the net, but they are the ones that seem to be missing the most chances. I don't know if this team is hexed, snakebitten or what, but this has to has to change (I hope).

I thought there were a lot of uncalled penalties against Ottawa that might have made a big difference in the outcome. That one Senator had Ennis in a friggin' headlock for crying out loud - wasn't called. But then Scott gets pushed into Anderson, and HE gets put in the box for interference, which ultimately resulted in the winning goal, not to mention the Sabres goal getting waived off.

That's two goals in two games that the zebras waived off for the Sabres.

Stafford, Leino and D'Agostini all played pretty well they had 13 SOG's between them and numerous scoring chances, but even with that, I never had the feeling any of them were going to score. Their best scoring chances end up going wide or never get off the stick. These 3 are not the only ones that can't find the back of the net, but they are the ones that seem to be missing the most chances. I don't know if this team is hexed, snakebitten or what, but this has to has to change (I hope).

It's confidence. Those guys (well, Leino and Stafford, I have no read on D'Agostino) are lots in their own heads.

I was at the Preds - Stars game tonight, so I missed this one. Sounds like a typical Sabres game from this season. Anyone play particularly well or poorly?

I wouldn't say typical...41 SOG and much better effort.....playing better just lack big time talent to win in this league

I was at the Preds - Stars game tonight, so I missed this one. Sounds like a typical Sabres game from this season. Anyone play particularly well or poorly?

It was not typical at all. The Sabres outshot the Sens, out worked the Sens, honestly outplayed the Sens for basically the entire game.

Now with that being said... I saw some of the worst shooting by a team in a long time. Anderson didnt really need to be spectacular. Stafford only knows how to shoot wide or into the chest of the goalie. Defenders were waiting forever to take shots and lanes were closing. Tyler Ennis had a point blank shot and fired right into the chest of Anderson. It was honestly terrible. They should have had 4 maybe 5 goals with the chances they had and they managed 1. Vanek and Pominville were sorely missed in this game. Ted needs to take 3 stacked 2X4's and put them across the goal mouth and then tell the guys to shoot. I have never seen so many easy pad saves because ppl couldn't elevate the puck. Ott, Adam, Stafford all had goals if they shot the puck 2ft in the air but nope... along the ice and pad save!

Now that the bitching is done, Ennis was possessed last night. He didn't get bumped off the puck and quit he turned into a rabid wolverine. Luke Adam had moments... I think he could be a solid 3rd line guy who could log some 2nd line time when needed. His skating is okay but his speed is meh. I actually felt myself looking for Grigorenko and Ristolainen last night. I somehow felt that they would have helped us win this game. Grigorenko's faceoff prowess was definitely needed.

Am I the only person who saw a slew foot to Adam after the whistle in front of the Sens' goal?

RJ didn't mention it and Ray, well, he seems to miss a lot so I wasn't surprised when he only talked about Adam eventually drawing penalties by playing big.

Slew footing is a total dick move. I wish it were called more often.

Archived