• Czech Republic
    • Slovakia
    • Finland
    • Austria
    • Norway
    • Latvia
    • Slovenia
    • Switzerland

FWIW, Andrew peters said on HHL this morning that Quick starts the first game then It's Millers job to lose. He indicated he had sources in Sochi. Could be BS. We'll find out soon enough.

I understand the idea behind doing that, but at the same time, you risk a Rob Johnson/ Doug Flutie scenario. The Bills were just resting Flutie for the big game next week, then Johnson who had just as much if not more talent, lights the dickens out of the Colts and they stick with the hot hand.

FWIW, Andrew peters said on HHL this morning that Quick starts the first game then It's Millers job to lose. He indicated he had sources in Sochi. Could be BS. We'll find out soon enough.

ink says Andrew Peters says I'm right. BOOM

I watched the USA Canada game, which was fantastic. Two major gaffes cost us dearly. The intent to not blow goal was brutal as all heck, so much that I couldn't even get too worked up about the call. The 3rd Canadian goal was a boneheaded move by the defender playing the right point, who skated away from the puck and allowed a breakaway for... no discernible reason (double agent?).

So excited for the men's game tomorrow morning :)

Will do. Let's see what they say...

In case anyone was interested in a Latvia jersey, I got the following response from IceJerseys.com

"Sorry NIKE in Canada did not produce any Latvia among some other teams as well, very frustrating for the vendor and consumer."

Sounds like this could be difficult to track down...

In case anyone was interested in a Latvia jersey, I got the following response from IceJerseys.com

"Sorry NIKE in Canada did not produce any Latvia among some other teams as well, very frustrating for the vendor and consumer."

That sucks. I figured if anyone would have them...

I tried to scroll through most of the posts but I did not see this addressed anywhere:

Can a team lose a preliminary game and still win the gold? I am pulling for the USA, but I really want to see Miller get the net. I don't know what the plans are for Saturday vs Russia, but if Quick chokes tomorrow, I would think Miller gets the nod against Russia. But is it too late to medal by then? Any clarification is appreciated.

(The way the hockey Gods look upon me, Quick posts a 50-save shutout.)

This is only the round robin part, they can lose a game here and all it might effect is their seeding going into the quarter finals. Losing a game now will not eliminate a team from gold contention

This is only the round robin part, they can lose a game here and all it might effect is their seeding going into the quarter finals. Losing a game now will not eliminate a team from gold contention

Yep. A team can lose all three games and still win the gold. This is silly.

I think we have to remember that very few people outside Buffalo care about the Latvian team. Zemgus is the only current NHL player on the team.

I think we have to remember that very few people outside Buffalo care about the Latvian team. Zemgus is the only current NHL player on the team.

Exactly, outside of Buffalo, and latvia, the only people looking ofr a Latvian Jersey may be collectors of rare hockey jerseys.

Not enough to make the demand great enough for Nike to produce many and for ice jerseys to carry them.

Exactly, outside of Buffalo, and latvia, the only people looking ofr a Latvian Jersey may be collectors of rare hockey jerseys.

Not enough to make the demand great enough for Nike to produce many and for ice jerseys to carry them.

On the plus side, I saw some game-worn Latvia jerseys on ebay yesterday from previous years for $132-ish. Maybe in a few weeks/months the real thing will be available.

If this was already posted somewhere, I apologize, but I have not seen it yet...and was REALLY excited to share this...

But, one of my best friend's and a former teammate, from high school, is a referee in the Olympics for the hockey games.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2014/02/03/local-hockey-officials-headed-for-olympics/5192545/

http://www.henriettapost.com/article/20140206/Sports/140209762

His little brother, if not for a car accident that broke 22 of his bones and made him be pronounced dead at the scene...would probably be at least in the AHL.

(They were very close to the Callahan's, Gionta's, Bonsignore's, Collins', Rory Fitzpatrick and a few others. If not for them, Canandaigua would not have varsity hockey.)

If this was already posted somewhere, I apologize, but I have not seen it yet...and was REALLY excited to share this...

But, one of my best friend's and a former teammate, from high school, is a referee in the Olympics for the hockey games.

http://www.democrata...ympics/5192545/

http://www.henrietta...ports/140209762

His little brother, if not for a car accident that broke 22 of his bones and made him be pronounced dead at the scene...would probably be at least in the AHL.

(They were very close to the Callahan's, Gionta's, Bonsignore's, Collins', Rory Fitzpatrick and a few others. If not for them, Canandaigua would not have varsity hockey.)

Pretty sure he (and Johnson as well) are both linesmen. Which is still extremely cool and gives Ra-cha-cha 3 in the last 2 Olympics. Who knew Ra-cha-cha was an international linesman hotbed?

So, a couple of thoughts about the women's tournament:

1. Has it disappeared? It seems that I haven't seen a thing about it since the men started.

2. It's better hockey. It's easy to see that the women have spent more time playing together, have more chemistry, know where to put the puck, etc. Even the bad teams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.