• Czech Republic
    • Slovakia
    • Finland
    • Austria
    • Norway
    • Latvia
    • Slovenia
    • Switzerland

Globetrotters / Generals is an apt analogy.

The goalie will clearly choke next game because she couldn't concentrate for a full 60 and gave up a screened, possibly tipped goal off the far pipe on the 9th shot of the game in the final few minutes. :rolleyes:

But this is only one game. Our ladies' team net-minder, Jessie Vetter set an NCAA record for shut outs! :)

From Wikipedia;

In her four-year NCAA career, Vetter won an NCAA record 91 games (since broken by Hillary Pattenden[3]) during her four-year career and posted a NCAA-record 39 career shutouts

So she's the SHUT OUT QUEEN! Maybe Miller should watch her play and take some notes? P.S. I am still waiting on that near-mythical Ryan Miller shut-out performance, but so far I'm shut-out.

Edited by Jsixspd

Not quite. If US plays Canada, the loser would play for the bronze medal.

No, this is the quarter finals, its win or go home. Both the US and Canada have to win tomorrow to face each other in the semis where the loser goes on to play in the bronze game.

Tomorrows games are win or go home

I think he may be referring to the next round

But this is only one game. Our ladies' team net-minder, Jessie Vetter set an NCAA record for shut outs! :)

From Wikipedia;

In her four-year NCAA career, Vetter won an NCAA record 91 games (since broken by Hillary Pattenden[3]) during her four-year career and posted a NCAA-record 39 career shutouts

So she's the SHUT OUT QUEEN! Maybe Miller should watch her play and take some notes? P.S. I am still waiting on that near-mythical Ryan Miller shut-out performance, but so far I'm shut-out.

Oh man!!! Shut outs measure how good a goalie is!!! For sure

Chara does not belong in this sentence. Comparing him to Hal Gill is like comparing Mark Messier to Andrew Peters.

in my opinion he does. His defense revolves around being so big you cant get around him and his skating is subpar. Fast skaters fly by him less he clips them and smooth stickhandlers can avoid his stick checks. Hell i would go so far as to say gill is chara with 1/4 the skill

If Canada is going to lose to somebody why not Ted and the Zemgus of girgenson. As someone else has mentioned this would be Latvias miracle on ice. And it would amount to a whole lot of hand wringing and a national suicide watch for much of the country in Canada with calls from bloated self important politicians for a national inquiry. Should be fun.

If Canada is going to lose to somebody why not Ted and the Zemgus of girgenson. As someone else has mentioned this would be Latvias miracle on ice. And it would amount to a whole lot of hand wringing and a national suicide watch for much of the country in Canada with calls from bloated self important politicians for a national inquiry. Should be fun.

the figure dancing skaters are already complaining.......... imagine if Canada loses to Latvia.......... being this close to the border I am skeered

Sweden over Slovenia, 5-0. Russia vs. Finland up shortly.

Go Finland. And certainly go USA!

I'm very excited about today's game, but I gotta admit it bites the US has the number 2 seed. Czech Republic will be a tough game. Seems as if the Czechs are getting better w/ each game and their roster has a lot of talent. If the US is a little flat like they were against Slovenia for a good portion of the 1st period, Quick will be a busy goalie. I know it's common sense, but the US has got to keep hard, sustained pressure right from the opening face off. Kesler was 80% in the face off circle against the Russians, right? That's a "scary good" number and I hope he can do that again. Anyhow, go USA!!!

And of curiosity, how many of you guys will be able to watch the game? I'll miss the 1st 1/2 hour or so, but will be able to listen to the remainder of the game on WGR. Can't watch it on tv, because I'll still be at work. Is there an internet feed for the game?

Edited by thanes16

Watching it as my kids getting ready for school. Malkin, Ovechkin, and Kovalchuk only skating in short bursts. No consistent hustle. Datsyuk and Radolov, and Anisimov the only guys skating for the Russians. The are playing not to lose and the Finns are just out working them. Too bad because physically the Russians should be dominant over the smaller Finns, but as have been said early they seem uninterested or they seem to think this thing is going to be handed to them. It could be, Putin has tried to put the fix in, but if the Finns score the next goal, it may not matter.

Radolov may make mistakes in judgement trying to get under the other team's skin, but at least he plays with fire.

Edited by North Buffalo

I'm very excited about today's game, but I gotta admit it bites the US has the number 2 seed. Czech Republic will be a tough game. Seems as if the Czechs are getting better w/ each game and their roster has a lot of talent. If the US is a little flat like they were against Slovenia for a good portion of the 1st period, Quick will be a busy goalie. I know it's common sense, but the US has got to keep hard, sustained pressure right from the opening face off. Kesler was 80% in the face off circle against the Russians, right? That's a "scary good" number and I hope he can do that again. Anyhow, go USA!!!

And of curiosity, how many of you guys will be able to watch the game? I'll miss the 1st 1/2 hour or so, but will be able to listen to the remainder of the game on WGR. Can't watch it on tv, because I'll still be at work. Is there an internet feed for the game?

I'll be watching/listening at work. in its entirety

If you have a cable provider you can create your online account with them (if you haven't already). Once you do this go to the live video you want to watch at NBC Olympics and it will prompt you to log in with your cable provider ID info, then you can stream the games live.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.