• Czech Republic
    • Slovakia
    • Finland
    • Austria
    • Norway
    • Latvia
    • Slovenia
    • Switzerland

It was never covered, the whistle shouldn't have blown, and it ended up in the net. That's a goal. Just because a ref made an error doesn't mean that a team shouldn't have scored.

Disagree. The ref blows the whistle, the play is dead. Never in the history of hockey have I seen a goal awarded because the ref didn't mean to blow the whistle. That's stupid.

Disagree. The ref blows the whistle, the play is dead. Never in the history of hockey have I seen a goal awarded because the ref didn't mean to blow the whistle. That's stupid.

I only meant that if you're playing shinny, that's a goal. To me, that's real hockey, where you don't need refs to tell you what the rules are.

Just a stupid question from someone ignorant to Womens hockey, they are penalized for body checking? I am at the end of the first period (God bless DVR), quite physical period at that and USA just got a penalty for what looked like a good clean hit?! Could someone please set me straight?

Bodychecks not allowed in womens hockey

I definitely saw an American player level a Canadian player in the third.

I'm guessing it's up to the discretion of the ref, and when it's two teams equally checking they let it slide. If it were USA just beating JPN down or something, you'd see more calls.

Thanks to The wgr txt alerts they txted me the score to today's game. I stopped all my txts because I don't want to know who wins tomorrow mornings game. They're so stupid, do they think that people wanted spoiler alerts?

Agreed. I had a dentist appointment this morning and was going to watch US/Canada when I got home. Text alert in the car ruined it for me. Unsubscribe.

Seriously how about a warning text the day before "we're going to send scores as they happen so here's your chance to opt out".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.