Nolan: "Roster moves coming soon"

HopefulFuture

Boy, there sure is some revisionist history going on in this thread. It's amazing how fast we've flipped from "Why are ____ and ____ in the press box?!?!" to "All the kids must go back down!"

Yeah, no ######.

I was all settled in to watch the youngins play at the NHL level. Now it seems like Lafontaine and Nolan want to reinvent the team using existing pieces and roster moves.

I don't know if it's right or wrong, and I'm sure we'll find out, but it's definitely a departure from the previous plan.

Surrounded by way more talent than this roster has. He's also cooled off immensely since his hot start.

we wouldn't need or expect that he put up .5 points per game.

but we sure could use and enjoy his 64 inches of scrapitude.

but it's definitely a departure from the previous plan.

did anyone expect PLF (thanks to whoever typed that first here) to continue to implement the plan that DR had put in place?

there was a day when the only player on the team faster than kaleta was afinogenov. tropp's hands do appear better than kaleta's, but no way on earth does the guy have top-6 upside. unless, of course, you're among the worst teams in the league. so, yeah - i take your point.

Haha. I'll stand by it. He's small, but the full package, give him a full NHL season first.

we wouldn't need or expect that he put up .5 points per game.

but we sure could use and enjoy his 64 inches of scrapitude.

did anyone expect PLF (thanks to whoever typed that first here) to continue to implement the plan that DR had put in place?

Love it.

So the claim is that Grigorenko has had the flu so he needs to go to Roch for some conditioning?

First off - why don't sports players get their flu shots?

Probably just means that Quebec needs more time to figure out what to do or find a trade partner.

So the claim is that Grigorenko has had the flu so he needs to go to Roch for some conditioning?

First off - why don't sports players get their flu shots?

Probably just means that Quebec needs more time to figure out what to do or find a trade partner.

Actually it doesn't seem like that. Nolan said Grigorenko would be back up after his 2 weeks.

Well all the youngsters getting sent down which is where they should have been at the start of the season. Thanks Pat and Ted for finally realizing the Darcy and Ron had no clue to what they were doing. The stint to Rochester for Grigs is just to buy time for Quebec to rid themselves of one of their import players.

Again that isn't what Nolan said.

Multiple reports that Grigo is going to Roc for conditioning and then back up to Buffalo.

What happens from there is anyone's guess. Still possible he could be sent back to juniors if he flops upon his return?

Possible, sure. However Quebec already has two Euros, so they'd have to trade one of them or Grigs to get him playing time.

Of course not, but many, many posters were pissing themselves about how having mediocre veterans taking ice time away from the kids was a felony. Now the crime apparently has always been that they were on the roster to begin with.

Of course not, but many, many posters were pissing themselves about how having mediocre veterans taking ice time away from the kids was a felony. Now the crime apparently has always been that they were on the roster to begin with.

I think the crime was keeping them in the press box (Zadorov) or buried on the 4th line (Grigorenko). I was happy to see most of the kids up with the team as long as they were dressing for games and getting regular ice time and many posters here seem to agree. To keep a guy like Zadarov up with the team just so he can watch retreads like Jamie freaking McBain is/was the problem. If you're not gonna let the kids play and log time in various situations (power play, penalty kill, etc.) then they are better off going to juniors or Rochester and eating up tons of minutes.

for my own part, i did not like the process of feeding the young top prospects to the wolves -- potentially killing their confidence, indoctrinating them into a bad environment, etc.

i also read today (from hoppe) that the veterans on the team did not approve of the young guys being given spots without having earned them.

finally, i see that the "why don't pro athletes get flu shots" posts have returned. :wallbash:

I think the crime was keeping them in the press box (Zadorov) or buried on the 4th line (Grigorenko). I was happy to see most of the kids up with the team as long as they were dressing for games and getting regular ice time and many posters here seem to agree. To keep a guy like Zadarov up with the team just so he can watch retreads like Jamie freaking McBain is/was the problem. If you're not gonna let the kids play and log time in various situations (power play, penalty kill, etc.) then they are better off going to juniors or Rochester and eating up tons of minutes.

Yup. There's no reason to keep a guy like Zadorov here if he isn't going to play. I thought he was earning his ice time well, but the logjam of mediocre players in front of him kills the opportunity.

finally, i see that the "why don't pro athletes get flu shots" posts have returned. :wallbash:

Has this been discussed in another thread? I've always wondered about the rampancy (is that a word?) of the flu in the NHL. Is is really the flu? I'm sure they get their shots, but I'm also sure the travel, the physical demands of being an athlete, the close contact with teammates etc. could make them suspectible anyway. There are no guarantees with a flu shot.

Sending all the kids down was the right move. Grigs needs to work on his skating and compete level which is obvious to see when watching him. I don't want a 19 year old who is the future picking up bad habits so early into his career. Risto who has been a decent defender could be much more than that with work in Rochester. He can play huge minutes work on his skating some because he could use alittle work on his skating. Zadorov could use more work on his positioning and gain more experience in all situations as well with London and then Rochester. Larsson who is a pretty darn good skater seems to need more seasoning in the minor's to work on his all around game. These are what I seen from watching all the kids. Zemgus is the only kid on this team who should be here but it could almost go either way. He works his tail off but still could use alittle more work on his offensive game.

Has this been discussed in another thread? I've always wondered about the rampancy (is that a word?) of the flu in the NHL. Is is really the flu? I'm sure they get their shots, but I'm also sure the travel, the physical demands of being an athlete, the close contact with teammates etc. could make them suspectible anyway. There are no guarantees with a flu shot.

Exactly

Sending all the kids down was the right move. Grigs needs to work on his skating and compete level which is obvious to see when watching him. I don't want a 19 year old who is the future picking up bad habits so early into his career. Risto who has been a decent defender could be much more than that with work in Rochester. He can play huge minutes work on his skating some because he could use alittle work on his skating. Zadorov could use more work on his positioning and gain more experience in all situations as well with London and then Rochester. Larsson who is a pretty darn good skater seems to need more seasoning in the minor's to work on his all around game. These are what I seen from watching all the kids. Zemgus is the only kid on this team who should be here but it could almost go either way. He works his tail off but still could use alittle more work on his offensive game.

My new favorite phrase to hate.

i also read today (from hoppe) that the veterans on the team did not approve of the young guys being given spots without having earned them.

So that is why the veterans have been so bad - they were just mad at the rookies. :rolleyes:

I bring it up and no one ever answers. So what is the answer why they don't get their flu shots?

Exactly

My new favorite phrase to hate.

Thank you!

I almost started a thread the other day to forbid that word. I think we live in such a mamby-pamby PC world now that people are just scared to call-out slackers. It's lawyer speak. Just say..."The effort wasn't there. That guy has no grit. He didn't work hard."

I want that word and analytics put into an outhouse with a brick of explosives and let it scatter in the woods.

Archived