Nolan: "Roster moves coming soon"

HopefulFuture

They did not show up because, while physically they may seem ready, they were not ready for the pace and the mental rigors of the game. These 4 guys need at least a year before they are ready for the demands of NHL hockey beyond the physical.

You need to re-read your original post. You said they were being shown up, which is different than not showing up. I was positing that only Grigorenko was being shown up by the competition, whereas the other kids have looked relatively capable.

There goes that idea...

@TheFourthPeriod 2m

According to a well placed source, the NHL wouldn't approve Grigorenko's conditioning stint to Rochester. He will be heading back to Buffalo

link- https://twitter.com/...012038374350848

Sabres making a strong bid for the "Worst Attempt To Develop A Young Player Ever" title.

Maybe if they'd treated Grigorenko like an 18 year old instead of a marketing gimmick last year, we wouldn't be so F'ed right now.

The Grigeranko situation isn't as bad as it appears. Trade for Nail and let's see how those 2 work with Foligno on the LW. Give them some minutes.

I've stated this before, and I'll state it again. I don't believe for 1 second these young kids don't understand the rebuild time line and what's expected of them. I do however, believe many fans on here and some pundits on the hockey shows put to much emphasis on the give the kids minutes in the lower leagues scenario. Be patient all, this will all be ok.

The Grigeranko situation isn't as bad as it appears. Trade for Nail and let's see how those 2 work with Foligno on the LW. Give them some minutes.

I've stated this before, and I'll state it again. I don't believe for 1 second these young kids don't understand the rebuild time line and what's expected of them. I do however, believe many fans on here and some pundits on the hockey shows put to much emphasis on the give the kids minutes in the lower leagues scenario. Be patient all, this will all be ok.

Edmonton isn't trading Yakupov.

And given Nolan's words and actions, I'm not sure why anyone would believe he's going to just start giving minutes to two teenagers on the same line.

Nobody says they "believe he's going to just start giving minutes" to Grigs, but the reality is they may be stuck with him.

You want change? That change has to include not only the rookie changes line up wise, but should also include putting them in positions to succeed, as so many say. To me, Grigs success would depend on the chemistry he forms with line mates. To date, no line mates have been able to kick start him, maybe a sniping fellow countryman can. It certainly couldn't hurt to trade for Yak. After all, have you seen our position in the standings lately?

Nobody says they "believe he's going to just start giving minutes" to Grigs, but the reality is they may be stuck with him.

You want change? That change has to include not only the rookie changes line up wise, but should also include putting them in positions to succeed, as so many say. To me, Grigs success would depend on the chemistry he forms with line mates. To date, no line mates have been able to kick start him, maybe a sniping fellow countryman can. It certainly couldn't hurt to trade for Yak. After all, have you seen our position in the standings lately?

Have you seen Yakupov's team standings? his stats? his +/- ? Nail Yakupov is failing right now in Edmonton. Grigorenko needs veteran players such as Jason Pominville on his wing... of course DR in his infinite wisdom trading Pominville. Grigorenko needs veterans to support his erratic play not struggling Sophomore players who have had consistency and compete issues of their own.

Using the well that guy is from Russia and this guy is from Russia they might have chemistry doesn't make a lot of sense. If they have complimentary playing styles and similar chemistry then they will work together regardless of where they are from.

I still oppose Yakupov. His attitude and work ethic are the opposite of what this team needs.

I don't disagree with you in the abstract. I just haven't heard anything from Nolan that would indicate this would even be a consideration. And I'm totally on board with trading for Yakupov.

“By doing stupid things like we have been, it’s not going to work,” a steamed Nolan said after a 4-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday in Wells Fargo Center. “It’s going to be ugly games like this all night. So the gloves are officially off. You’ve got to do certain things to play. If you don’t, you’re not.” http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/nolan-sounds-off-after-sabres-latest-loss-20131121

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45560

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=77237

Two players on two teams we could trade with that may not impact us this year but could impact us next year. They are both capable of playing RW and they are both in the top 15 in scoring in the AHL. I think considering that we have several players that we could unload these are the type of prospects we should target. They wouldn't play this season but could next year. It speeds up the rebuild by 2 years because they are already older than a typical draft pick. Just something to consider.

I don't disagree with you in the abstract. I just haven't heard anything from Nolan that would indicate this would even be a consideration. And I'm totally on board with trading for Yakupov.

I know TBPhD, I would just like to see some entertaining hockey while we tank. I can't say I'm sold on Yak either. I like the idea of moving Miller to St. Louis if they would have him, and the return I'd be looking for is Dmitrij Jaskin. Yes I know he doesn't have blazing speed, but he's a young RW'er and Russian. Maybe I'm reading to much into getting Grig's a fellow countryman to play with to straighten him out, but getting Jaskin through a trade shouldn't be as expensive as a Yakupov type player, he's young, I can't see it hurting. I'm willing to try just about anything to kick start Grigs.

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=45560

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=77237

Two players on two teams we could trade with that may not impact us this year but could impact us next year. They are both capable of playing RW and they are both in the top 15 in scoring in the AHL. I think considering that we have several players that we could unload these are the type of prospects we should target. They wouldn't play this season but could next year. It speeds up the rebuild by 2 years because they are already older than a typical draft pick. Just something to consider.

Kucherov isn't getting traded, he's most likely Marty's replacement with the way he's playing. TB would be crazy to trade him.

“By doing stupid things like we have been, it’s not going to work,” a steamed Nolan said after a 4-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday in Wells Fargo Center. “It’s going to be ugly games like this all night. So the gloves are officially off. You’ve got to do certain things to play. If you don’t, you’re not.” http://www.buffalone...t-loss-20131121

Ok, that sounds great, but what options do Patty and Ted have really? Trades? Benchings?

How many can sit in the press box while they call up more players?

Like I said, sounds good, but the options appear limited, not hopeless mind you, just limited.

Archived