Nolan: "Roster moves coming soon"

HopefulFuture

It's actually a transfer agreement between the NHL and CHL. Loans to euro leagues are tricky enough as is, but now we are suggesting adding in another layer with the junior eligibility.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just not aware of it happening with a player this age who already has an nNHL contract.

Didn't it happen last year with some CHL team that was out of "Euro" exemptions when a European kid got sent down? (CHL teams can only have two "imports.") I'm fuzzy on this, but I seem to remember it.

• Grigo, Risto, Z, and Larsson go down to the appropriate level.
  • Adam (leads the AHL in goals), Kaleta, and either Sulzer (7 points in 8 games) or McNabb (12 points in 15 games) come up.

That leaves the team with 23 roster players:

• 5 centers: CoHo, Girgensons, McCormick, Leino, Adam
  • 4 left wingers: Ennis, Moulson, Foligno, Scott
  • 5 right wingers: Ott, Flynn, Stafford, Tropp, Kaleta
  • 7 defensemen: McBain, Myers, The Hoff, Pysyk, Tallinder, Weber, and Sulzer/McNabb
  • 2 goalies: Miller, Jhonas

God what a lineup to work with! :o Thanks Darcy for such a solid lineup :doh:

We need men not boys, and as bad as the above line-up looks on paper, I wouldn't mind these guys playing as the under dog each night for the rest of the season.

It appears to me that the above roster has a lot of heart, and those who don't, as Coach Nolan said, they will be kicked in the butt.

Guys like Luke Adam, Mcabb, Sulzer, Tardiff, have to be given a chance to fail, and this is as good a time as any to give them their chance.

If they don't respond then, out with the old in with the new; at least things are changing.

Next years team should look a lot different.

Let's Go Buffalo!

You know what happens when you run 2 year olds too early? They blow shins, chip knees, and don't even get a chance to run at 3 years old because they are ruined.......

Fair point. Not universally accepted but not unreasonable. Similarly, learning their craft at the NHL level, worked for Toews, Jagr, Nash and Shea Weber. All took their lumps early. Zadorov has options, same for Risto, but we are stuck with Grigs. And Nolan is going to use as much toi as he can on Gus to prep him for Sochi.

The other solution is to play the rooks more with commensurate talent on the same lines. If development is the goal, let em play often.

It seems to me that Coach Nolans coaching style maybe limited if he has too many young guys in the room.

If he has a bunch of men in the room, then he can talk to them and treat them as men; however, if he has to many young guys, then it becomes a juggling act. Hugs vs kicks in the butt.

He has said it, he has to be really careful when it comes to player development; especially, when he is dealing with teenagers.

One wrong move and he could screw them up for a long time.

Does any of this make sense, or am I missing something?

Grigirenko to Juniors!

Stephane Leroux@StephRDSJunior14m

Vient de croiser une bonne source qui confirme que Mikhail Grigorenko devrait revenir dans la #LHJMQ d'ici les prochains jours ! #Remparts

My French is a little rusty but I think it says something about Grigorenko going to Juniors and being a total bust. :P

It seems to me that Coach Nolans coaching style maybe limited if he has too many young guys in the room.

If he has a bunch of men in the room, then he can talk to them and treat them as men; however, if he has to many young guys, then it becomes a juggling act. Hugs vs kicks in the butt.

He has said it, he has to be really careful when it comes to player development; especially, when he is dealing with teenagers.

One wrong move and he could screw them up for a long time.

Does any of this make sense, or am I missing something?

Sounds about right.

It's like the broad in West Side Story.....she wants to rumble, but she also wants to eat BonBons and watch All My Children........

So board consensus is send grigo, zadorov and risto back and keep Gus?

I'd send them all down, and probably Larsson too. Only we don't have enough centers to do that, even with recalling Adam (I'm assuming the Leino at center thing dies sooner than later). Keep Girgensons or Larsson, send the rest back.

So board consensus is send grigo, zadorov and risto back and keep Gus?

Could go either way on Risto. But I guess I'd like him in Rochester just to make sure he's getting a ton of ice time. In the meantime, bring up McNabb. Let's get an answer with him.

I also hope this means we're keeping Armia in Rochester for the rest of this season. Again, ice time. Play him like crazy.

Could go either way on Risto. But I guess I'd like him in Rochester just to make sure he's getting a ton of ice time. In the meantime, bring up McNabb. Let's get an answer with him.

I also hope this means we're keeping Armia in Rochester for the rest of this season. Again, ice time. Play him like crazy.

I'm with this for the most part. I wouldn't hate Risto being up because he's getting more ice time than the other young guys in Buffalo. I just really want McNabb to get a chance, and I want to see what Adam might have.

On Armia, I think he could be a call up later in the season. I think he'll get a lot of ice time if he comes up. The wings aren't packed with talent. He could move into the top six so the team has a shot to see what he has.

They need to send every kid down that isn't going to get regular minutes. They've botched Grigorenko's development so far but it's better to send him back to juniors and try to salvage his future than to leave him here rotting on the vine.

Zadarov needs to go back too if they aren't going to give him a regular spot in the lineup and adequate minutes.

Given Girgensons' previous relationship with Nolan I think he stays and gets regular playing time but I think Larsson and Ristolainen are better off logging more minutes in Rochester.

Call up Kaleta, Adam, and McNabb.

They need to send every kid down that isn't going to get regular minutes. They've botched Grigorenko's development so far but it's better to send him back to juniors and try to salvage his future than to leave him here rotting on the vine.

Zadarov needs to go back too if they aren't going to give him a regular spot in the lineup and adequate minutes.

Given Girgensons' previous relationship with Nolan I think he stays and gets regular playing time but I think Larsson and Ristolinein are better off logging more minutes in Rochester.

Call up Kaleta, Adam, and McNabb.

Agreed.

Archived