Vanek Traded to NYI for Matt Moulson, 1st in 2014 (or 2015!), 2nd in 2015; 4 Months Later: Moulson to MN for 2014/2016 2nd Rounders

Robviously

The start of Thomas Vanek‘s time as a Canadien hasn’t been great — the team has lost all three games with him in the lineup, and he’s only managed to register one assist.

According to Habs head coach Michel Therrien, Vanek needs to change his style of play for the team to have more success.

http://prohockeytalk...ts-to-his-game/

You mean he can't coast through some of his shifts anymore ?

that resume is appealing.

I agree, I believe that there are owners and presidents in the league that believe Regier's a good GM. And as I personally place more of the blame of the current predicament on the poor execution of the players and less on the specific performances of Ruff and Regier, it wouldn't be difficult for me to agree with them.

I agree, I believe that there are owners and presidents in the league that believe Regier's a good GM. And as I personally place more of the blame of the current predicament on the poor execution of the players and less on the specific performances of Ruff and Regier, it wouldn't be difficult for me to agree with them.

At the risk of reigniting an old battle, a big part of the reason the players failed to execute was because they were put into a position to fail as a result of Regier's haphazard team building.

Rob Ray had some interesting things to say about Vanek today on WGR550 this afternoon. He indicated that the folks in Montreal are very surprised with the kind of player Vanek is. I'm pretty sure he used the word lazy. It seems that Thomas' rep is taking a downward turn during his time with the Isles and the Habs. Apparently the talk Ray is hearing is that Vanek was a fool to turn down NYI's contract offer because he may not see a $5M offer in the free agency period.

Rob Ray had some interesting things to say about Vanek today on WGR550 this afternoon. He indicated that the folks in Montreal are very surprised with the kind of player Vanek is. I'm pretty sure he used the word lazy. It seems that Thomas' rep is taking a downward turn during his time with the Isles and the Habs. Apparently the talk Ray is hearing is that Vanek was a fool to turn down NYI's contract offer because he may not see a $5M offer in the free agency period.

I guessing he will at least see most of what Minny is paying Heatley. I'm sure he can shoot down any negative talk about his game with a solid summer of working out and getting his mind clear for a different team. Kinda like what he did in Buffalo when he went back to Austria for alittle while.

I'd bet my life savings he gets offers for significantly more than $5MM. I also think that Vanek turning down the Isles wasn't about the money, I think he wants to go to a winner.

I'd bet my life savings he gets offers for significantly more than $5MM. I also think that Vanek turning down the Isles wasn't about the money, I think he wants to go to a winner.

I also agree with this. Snow was an idiot to throw Moulson in that deal. I can see if Snow wanted Vanek without giving us a roster player but he gave up way too much but that's great for us.

You are still essentially a student, right? so... you bet nothing? :P

Will Minnesota have the cap space?

Yea. Cap going up, Heater's $7mm coming off, potential retirement of Koivu and Moulson being the only big UFA they have (maybe Stoner, too). Nino will get a small raise as an RFA.

Minnesota could look good with Vanek if their young centers turn it up, but they are really thin in the middle. And then goaltending is an issue.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.