Vanek Traded to NYI for Matt Moulson, 1st in 2014 (or 2015!), 2nd in 2015; 4 Months Later: Moulson to MN for 2014/2016 2nd Rounders

Robviously

http://espn.go.com/o...e-espn-magazine

Sex In the Olympic Village

That's the story the IOC doesn't want you to hear.

Week two is usually a nonstop ######. Athletes breaking training.

There are never enough condoms. Literally tens of thousands of free ones aren't enough.

The winter games are tamer than the Summer.

The athletes call it supporting the Olympic movement.

I stopped following at pretty much the same time, but I refer to it as when the Jays were defending champs 3 years in a row.

That strike killed the Expos and killed my love for the game.

Usually most would say that it was the Strike years where Baseball lost most of its followers. It seems to have been the one sport that a strike negatively effected the fanbases (atleast from my view).

Hockey seems to have bounced back, same with Basketball. Football I don't think even took a hit, although the last time they came close they only missed some of the offseason/training camp and missed no actual games

I'm sort of surprised at your taking this position.

Like I said: Second day sickness.

And it wasn't a couple players--it was several. And even if it was just a couple, it was your country's best players, far and away.

I don't doubt this sort of nonsense occurs over an 82-game schedule and in the midst of a roadie. I, along with others here, heard of a visiting team this season who got rolled by the Sabres after several of their opponents (can't recall who--Flyers Sens?) were seen out in Williamsville getting bombed at 2:00 a.m.

But to do it in the midst of an Olympic tournament? Different story.

Anyway, when it comes to assessing whether and to what extent getting slurry-mouthed drunk until 6:00 a.m. the day before a noon game is something that will slow you down, I'm not thinking so much in the abstract, but am taking cues from the people closest to the team--people from the same culture, who know the players, who observed them the morning of the game (was TV still too sick to eat?), who saw them during warm-ups (Grabner, white as a sheet?), who observed/smelled them on the bench during the game (sweating off booze?)--and those people are livid.

Also throw in the fact that the players are playing on a completly different time schedule then they are normally used to. Being up drinking til 6am isn't that bad considering what 6am Russia is here, but then throw in that they are playing in a noon game our time, their bodies/time clocks have been thrown off

Did you make the cable guy come and fix it?

It never stopped working. After a week or so I took it one of their centers and exchanged it no questions asked. All of their boxes are refurbished so this is standard practice.

It's the faint rust streak on the grill of my subwoofer, though, that is a subtle reminder to me of how not to act. It doesn't always work.

It never stopped working. After a week or so I took it one of their centers and exchanged it no questions asked. All of their boxes are refurbished so this is standard practice.

It's the faint rust streak on the grill of my subwoofer, though, that is a subtle reminder to me of how not to act. It doesn't always work.

That ain't rust.....

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone is still interested and/or needs a distraction from the PLF debacle, I listened to a couple of HNIC podcasts over the weekend. Both Jim Hughson and Elliotte Friedman, both of whom are very solid and highly-regarded hockey observers, think that Vanek seriously hurt his reputation and market value in Sochi -- due to both poor performance and the boozing episode.

In case anyone is still interested and/or needs a distraction from the PLF debacle, I listened to a couple of HNIC podcasts over the weekend. Both Jim Hughson and Elliotte Friedman, both of whom are very solid and highly-regarded hockey observers, think that Vanek seriously hurt his reputation and market value in Sochi -- due to both poor performance and the boozing episode.

I almost wish the media which exists today existed back in the 70s, 80s, and maybe even the early 90s, just to see the reactions. I mean look at Claude's anecdote about Bruce Smith missing a game after a night of boozing and strippers...is there any team in their right mind that wouldn't want him if they knew that? Sheesh.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Part of me wants to think Darcy is an evil genius. Think about it for a minute, he floats Vanek to the Leafs to get the Islanders to bite. He knows that not only will Vanek get him good value, but that Vanek is in no way suited to the Islanders high tempo system, which means he'll be underwhelming and his value drops league wide making Darcy look brilliant.

Ohhhh yeahhhhh

I don't actually believe that. What hurt his trade value was actually Steve Bartlett his agent.

Bartlett is taking Vanek to market you can bank on it........nobody was going to pay a premium for Vanek without the chance to sign him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.