Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

You're probably right but a good WJC for him could put him over the top. The thing is, this is Reinhart's third full season in the WHL, while Leon's only second. And Leon is keeping up pace with points.

Also, should be noted, Reinhart's WHL playoff career so far: 9gp, 1g, 2a, -10.

Leon: 4gp, 0g, 4a, -4.

Draisaitl is a more raw player, so if he does rise up the ranks, it won't be til later in the year when scouts have more of a idea about what his game is all about. I am no hockey scout, but i think he is the best player in the draft.

I'm sure the league isn't too great seeing as it's U16, but this is absurd 2010-11 stats_arrow.gif Mannheimer ERC U16 stats_arrow.gif Schüler-BL

29gp

97Goals

95A

192Points |

Playoffs 5 16 15 31

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=71913

Edited by WildCard

Sabres have been getting some help lately as far as Tank Nation goes. The teams right above them in the standings have gone on some mini winning streaks.

Edmonton has won 2 in a row

Florida has won 2 in a row

Calgary picked up a point last night and won 2 in a row before that

Philly has gone 5-1-2 in their last 8

Ny Isles have been bad lately but that's more than ok

Columbus picks up a win last night.

No, it's not too early to watch out of town games as they relate to the draft :P

Sabres have been getting some help lately as far as Tank Nation goes. The teams right above them in the standings have gone on some mini winning streaks.

Edmonton has won 2 in a row

Florida has won 2 in a row

Calgary picked up a point last night and won 2 in a row before that

Philly has gone 5-1-2 in their last 8

Ny Isles have been bad lately but that's more than ok

Columbus picks up a win last night.

No, it's not too early to watch out of town games as they relate to the draft :P

A loss to Philly in regulation tonight almost puts them out of reach already which is crazy considering Philly was only a point or two ahead about a week ago. A lot of the teams immediately in front of us play each other in the coming days which means somebody has to get two points and possibly a point for the loser. We could very well fall even farther if they don't steal a game.

The Panthers and Oilers play tonight, and then the Flames and Panthers tomorrow. Panthers play the Flyers Monday, too.

Until the Oilers win the draft, for unknown reasons pick Reinhart and we end up with... ANOTHER DEFENDER YAAAAAAAY!

Dont' ruin this for me Liger :P

It'd be an interesting spot we would be in if that played out. Do we go Ekblad there who may even be the best player in the draft, or take another forward like Leon or Dal Colle, possibly trade the pick? I think Reinhart is the consensus #1 right now but with some of the flaws I've read it's not like it's him or nothing this draft.

Why wouldn't the Oil take Ekblad?

Agreed. Although the Oil have spoken about trading their pick if they can get a top Dman.

Why wouldn't the Oil take Ekblad?

Buffalo is cursed and it is the type of thing that happens.

Dont' ruin this for me Liger :P

It'd be an interesting spot we would be in if that played out. Do we go Ekblad there who may even be the best player in the draft, or take another forward like Leon or Dal Colle, possibly trade the pick? I think Reinhart is the consensus #1 right now but with some of the flaws I've read it's not like it's him or nothing this draft.

I too think that is correct. I just worry (probably because of DR syndrome) that we take yet another defender.

Rankings from various sources: 2014 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings

Zadorov is playing in the Super Subway Series (Russia vs the CHL) that has prospects like Dal Colle and McDavid playing too: http://www.subwaysup...page/ohl-roster

The games are being streamed at: http://chl.insinc.com/canadavsrussia/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.