GDT: SEASON OPENER, Buffalo Sabres at Detroit Red Wings, 10/2/2013, 8:00pm

darksabre

Faceoff in the Detroit zone. Too bad we have CoHo taking the draw against one of the NHL's best.

I haven't been able to get video since the 2nd, but I know Hodgson won 3 draws in a row during the power play in the 1st period, so he's no slouch in the circle.

Here are my thoughs on the game...

Bim comes

Ben comes

Bim brings Ben's broom

Ben brings Bim's broom

Ben bends Bim's broom

Bim bends Ben's broom

Bim's bends

Ben's bends

Ben's bent broom breaks

Bim's bent broom breaks

Ben's band. Bim's band

Big bands. Pig bands

Bim and Ben lead bands with brooms

Ben's band bangs and Bim's band booms

The team played well 5 on 5 but absolutely stunk out the building on the PP. You should score when it is 5 on 3. I wonder how Rolston is going to explain this to the press. After a shaky 1st period, I think the young guys settled down and played better.

I read Vogl's tweet about how they're actually, on average, no younger than they were last year (like .1 years younger). Given that we have Girgs and Risto, I wonder why -- McBain?

The boring piece is why it's only 2-0.

Tallinder is like a hundred years old

The team played well 5 on 5 but absolutely stunk out the building on the PP. You should score when it is 5 on 3. I wonder how Rolston is going to explain this to the press. After a shaky 1st period, I think the young guys settled down and played better.

The coach has to explain to the press that his team is so lacking in actual NHL talent, that they can't score on a 5 on 3?

Archived