GDT: SEASON OPENER, Buffalo Sabres at Detroit Red Wings, 10/2/2013, 8:00pm

darksabre

Catching up on DVR. That is a bottom 4 hockey team out there, as currently constituted and performing.

Like Ink said, I think we need to buckle in.

One point of hope: Maybe Detroy-at is the class of the East, and we'll look better against lesser teams.

It's hard to watch.

What kind of options do the Sabres have if they want to get rid of Drew Stafford?

That should have happened in the off-season. It is beyond comprehension that this guy is back out there on the ice. It just shows this team will go basically nowhere while Regier is the GM.

Miller and Vanek have to be dreading another 3/4 of a season of playing on this team. A good GM would have traded them over the summer, but Darcy is genetically incapable of making a move that isn't at the 11th hour (i.e. within a day of the trade deadline).

They have an amnesty buyout left.

I'd use it on Myers. You can hide a bad winger... you can't hide an awful $6 million per year defenseman.

Well......... going into tonight it was NOT about how good we would be ,but how BAD it is going to be....question answered folks.....15 wins tops and Atlantic division cellar dwellers Thanksgiving on....mark it down. Sounds like most Buffalo fans are up for the rebuild though so....just fasten your boot straps and don't ever forget how bad it REALLY can get....because we're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are quite young, but also quite boring.

Just like their coach... It's only game one. I'm going to wait for a dozen or so more to pass judgement on the team. Now the coach, I've already decided on. He is as exciting as a cucumber.

Miller and Vanek have to be dreading another 3/4 of a season of playing on this team. A good GM would have traded them over the summer, but Darcy is genetically incapable of making a move that isn't at the 11th hour (i.e. within a day of the trade deadline).

I'd use it on Myers. You can hide a bad winger... you can't hide an awful $6 million per year defenseman.

what do you mean potato?.. Myers scored on Miller!..lol

Hodgson. Six years...oh boy.

exactly....

They are quite young, but also quite boring.

I read Vogl's tweet about how they're actually, on average, no younger than they were last year (like .1 years younger). Given that we have Girgs and Risto, I wonder why -- McBain?

The boring piece is why it's only 2-0.

If I'm not mistaken, Kaleta and Leino's names weren't called by the announcers until the 3rd period.

(neither have had a ton of ice time)

He has no idea who is on the ice for the Sabres, He knows Miller, Ott, and a couple of others lol

Archived