All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish the Amerks games were on TV.

Ask and ye shall receive?

The Rochester Americans announced today that the upcoming road games in the Amerks’ Calder Cup Playoff series versus the Chicago Wolves will be televised in Rochester and Buffalo on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel.

Game 3 of the best-of-five series takes place on Thursday, May 1 at 8:00 p.m. ET at Allstate Arena in Chicago, while Game 4 is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, May 2. If necessary, Game 5 will be played Sunday, May 4 at 4:00 p.m. ET in Chicago.

The television broadcasts of the road games will be produced by the Chicago Wolves and The U-Too TV Network. The games will be available to Time Warner Cable subscribers in Rochester and Buffalo on Channel 323. The only exception is Game 4 on Friday, which will still air on Channel 323 in Rochester, but also on Channel 87 in the Buffalo market.

http://www.amerks.co...e=News&aID=1024

The Rochester Americans announced today that the upcoming road games in the Amerks’ Calder Cup Playoff series versus the Chicago Wolves will be televised in Rochester and Buffalo on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel.

Game 3 of the best-of-five series takes place on Thursday, May 1 at 8:00 p.m. ET at Allstate Arena in Chicago, while Game 4 is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, May 2. If necessary, Game 5 will be played Sunday, May 4 at 4:00 p.m. ET in Chicago.

The television broadcasts of the road games will be produced by the Chicago Wolves and The U-Too TV Network. The games will be available to Time Warner Cable subscribers in Rochester and Buffalo on Channel 323. The only exception is Game 4 on Friday, which will still air on Channel 323 in Rochester, but also on Channel 87 in the Buffalo market.

Awesome, thanks!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish the Amerks games were on TV. Would it be appointment television for me in the middle of November? Maybe not, but with how many nights I am just flipping around the channels, I'd probably end up watching 80% of Amerks games.

And I know Ted Black has said there is no need (or even level of profitibility) but seriously, why not have a Sabres TV station? Pegula not only owns the Sabres, but also the Amerks and Bandits. There is a good ammount of programming there that would draw attention (not to mention you can re-play the games late at night or the following morning for those who missed them. With WGR being the station of the Sabres, you can have one (or both) of their shows on TV like many other sports networks do. As for the Summertime, how about getting creative and striking a deal with the Bisons (or, depending on how much you have to negotiatie, the Blue Jays? It still astounds me we have a team less than 2 hours away that the bisons are now the FARM club of and we can't get their games on TV) You also have the beyond blue and gold series and who knows if there will be anything they can justify televising from the Harbor center once that gets up and running.

It won't be a multi-million dollar revenue generator, but you have enough programming to fill a station, and it would be good PR to draw more attention to the team (and once again, in my selfish scenario I'd get to watch the Amerks game here and get some regular news on them)

Empire Sports failed for a reason.

Come on. There was no content. People don't tune in to watch AAA ballgames or indoor lacrosse, or (then) indoor soccer. Our minor league college teams don't carry it, either.

I think it could work. Nobody is buying an island or retiring on the profits, but I think you could at least break even. Between Sabres, Amerks, Bandits, hockey talk, Bills talk, hunting, fishing and boating shows, add in a Weave's Outdoor Meat and Spirits show and I think you'd have somethin'. I know I'd watch.

Edited by SwampD

A broadcast station for WNY sports could definitely do very well.

Buffalo Sabres, Rochester Americans, UB, Canisius, Niagara, St. Bonaventure and the Buffalo Bandits would give plenty of live entertainment. The Sabres games would always take precedent and every single one would be aired there. Then the others would be on a rotation or relevance basis unless there is no conflicting times. Then general sports talk shows that focus on the WNY teams. It would do well, I think.

Buffalo Sabres, Rochester Americans, UB, Canisius, Niagara, St. Bonaventure and the Buffalo Bandits would give plenty of live entertainment. The Sabres games would always take precedent and every single one would be aired there. Then the others would be on a rotation or relevance basis unless there is no conflicting times. Then general sports talk shows that focus on the WNY teams. It would do well, I think.

I expect to see it as soon as the msg contract is up in 2017.

I think it could work. Nobody is buying an island or retiring on the profits, but I think you could at least break even. Between Sabres, Amerks, Bandits, hockey talk, Bills talk, hunting, fishing and boating shows, add in a Weave's Outdoor Meat and Spirits show and I think you'd have somethin'. I know I'd watch.

I expect to see it as soon as the msg contract is up in 2017.

You three work on the venture capital for that, and let me know how it goes.

The only way it happens is if T-Peg throws in on a money-loser.

You three work on the venture capital for that, and let me know how it goes.

The only way it happens is if T-Peg throws in on a money-loser.

My first call is to Labatt. I know I'm the reason they have such a heavy presence in north Jersey.

Doesn't help those of us with DirecTV.

Awesome, thanks!

Empire Sports failed for a reason.

Yep, because the bankruptcy trustee was a doodie head. There was a very legit offer on the table that was rejected because EVENTUALLY (5-10 timeframe IF Adelphia kept same market footprint & in market subscriber share) it would end up costing Adelphia more in subscription costs than they were getting for the 2. It was NEVER realistic that Adelphia would lose out on the deal. WE are the big losers on that decision.

I suspect if it was profitable at all it would already have been re-started.

:wub:

Old Empire/WNSA didn't have to be dismantled. When it went under, essentially all the infrastructure to establish them were sunk. Now that the formerly sunk costs aren't any longer, it would be a stretch to restart.

Oh, yes. It is completely dependent on Pegula Bucks. But I expect he'll want the control.

Now that Empire was dismantled, true.

Correct.

Correct on 2nd part. 1st part, only after network was dismantled. NEVER should have been dismantled.

So why didn't the Sabres claim Cracknell when he went on waivers? That would've helped the Amerks win.

Didn't Tim Murray say that they wanted the Amerks to win? Hindsight is 20/20.

Oh. That's right. The Sabres are at the 50 contract limit. That's what happens when your team doesn't have

a real GM for half of a season. That's why I don't think that they should offer NHL contracts to guys like

Locke, Nelson, and Austin. The Sabres will have some higher priorities in the 2013 draft class to sign, especially

if some of their college prospects turn pro really early (Compher, Fasching).

especially

if some of their college prospects turn pro really early (Compher, Fasching).

Don't count on them leaving school. It's far too early. Other than the truly elite (think Eichel next year), most of these guys stick around for 3 years. I can see them giving serious thought next year, but not now.

Too bad the camera work for the game isn't the same quality as the freakin 10 minute video of the Wolves to start the telecast. What kind of camera view was that on the Amerks 2nd goal, an orbiting satellite view ? Needed binoculars to see it on the TV.

Armia with two goals on the night now. Seems to really be stepping it up. 3-1 now.

EDIT: 4-1 now. Risto with a goal at the end of a powerplay.

(I'm not watching, just following along on twitter).

Edited by Tankalicious

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.