The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

My recent exercise consists of cutting, splitting and stacking firewood. I've got about 10 cords ready for the house and the sugar shack.

Drove stakes and installed the boards for my son's outdoor rink. Getting near freezing weather at night now.

I don't get much cardio, just stay active puttering around the homestead and playing with the dog.

I'd love to have a sugar shack.

It's a lot of fun in the spring. I only have 30-40 maples to tap. But I get a few gallons of syrup over a 3 week period. I don't eat the stuff, except when my wife makes butter tarts, so I give it away to family and friends.

It's good exercise hauling the sap by pail on snowshoes.

• 4 weeks later...

Hiked up Mount Sniktau and Cupid (both 13ers) from Loveland Pass today.  Really freaking cold and windy, but the views were pretty incredible.  Somewhere around 1400 feet of elevation gain in 1.8 miles just to Sniktau, so it's definitely a workout.

post-1683-0-31781900-1512268574_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-88340600-1512268648_thumb.jpg

post-1683-0-43537800-1512268728_thumb.jpg

Edited by biodork

Beautiful. I'm envious. That first pic is great with the sun and the contrail.

Thanks! Dumb luck on that sun picture since it was so bright I could hardly see what I was capturing, but the result was pretty neat... almost looks like flower petals.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm at the gym today. I had finished lifting and now I'm on the elliptical, working damn hard. There are approximately 9 thousand elliptical machines all in a 6 mile long row. There is a girl on the end machine, then 4 empty machines, then me. Then 6 empty machines and another woman. Then 8000 empty machines.

A 200 year old man comes up and decides he needs the machine next to mine. Of f*king course he does! Did I mention the gym is under construction and all the machines are squeezed together closer than they should be, so you knuckles will hit your neighbor if you use machines next to each other.

The evil/hateful things that were going through my head...man. I'm an awful person, but ya know what, he sucked too!

So I'm at the gym today. I had finished lifting and now I'm on the elliptical, working damn hard. There are approximately 9 thousand elliptical machines all in a 6 mile long row. There is a girl on the end machine, then 4 empty machines, then me. Then 6 empty machines and another woman. Then 8000 empty machines.

A 200 year old man comes up and decides he needs the machine next to mine. Of f*king course he does! Did I mention the gym is under construction and all the machines are squeezed together closer than they should be, so you knuckles will hit your neighbor if you use machines next to each other.

The evil/hateful things that were going through my head...man. I'm an awful person, but ya know what, he sucked too!

People like him should have their membership revoked. The worst.

He's the same guy that sidles up next to you when there's a line of free urinals in the men's room.

In law school I went to a decrepit gym in my office building because it was free. There was a 150 year old guy who would swim laps every morning. The timing always worked out so that I was coming into the locker room about two minutes after he showered. Dude legit stood stark naked in the middle of the room taking a hair dryer to his undercarriage. Every single day.

That made me glad I don’t eat breakfast...

Soo, use this as an opportunity tomove a machine or 2 closer to the hot chick. When life hands you hand grenades USE them. :beer:

Soo, use this as an opportunity tomove a machine or 2 closer to the hot chick. When life hands you hand grenades USE them. :beer:

Tisk, tisk. I have my very own hot chick at home. And I absolutely hate getting hit on at the gym.

Plus, I was busting my ass and I was sweating so much, I looked like a shaggy dog that just came out of a lake. People deserve to have their space kept from the sweat hog.

Tisk, tisk. I have my very own hot chick at home. And I absolutely hate getting hit on at the gym.

Plus, I was busting my ass and I was sweating so much, I looked like a shaggy dog that just came out of a lake. People deserve to have their space kept from the sweat hog.

I hear ya, brah. It sucks.

So.... I got a 42 mile ride in today, bringing me to 3990 miles ridden for the year.  I'm sure I'll manage another 10 by the weekend to hit 4000 for the year.  Far short of last year's 100 miles per week (5200 total), but a decent year for me.  And here's a picture from the coffee and muffin stop with my bike waiting patiently outside.

aKJ9F2xsC_fFl_d0jGz8nt4llAtYb2Fi8_tNfokK

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy militant vegan woman rage quit our studio a couple weeks ago. It's left us short handed, but at least I don't have to deal with her rants about trying to call CPS on a local family that is "mentally ill" for opening a butcher shop and having pictures of them with their kids in front of the meat case. 

One night I couldn't teach and the boss filled in for me. I usually handle everything- rigging, clients, legal stuff because she never seemed to learn. That night she forgot to make new clients sign waivers (the biggest no no) and ran her class 15 minutes late into the next class. Boss pulled her aside and lightly chewed her out, vegan girl lost it and stormed out screaming, calling her rude and saying "I DON'T NEED THIS KIND OF NEGATIVITY IN MY LIFE". yep. Go on, little 39 year old rich girl. Good riddance. 

Speaking of meat cases, my friend Toni and I managed this move. She and I weigh about the same, so I was actually able to let go. I'm balancing her weight on my thighs from a shoulderstand that she then turned into a split. It's a TON of upper thigh and core work for me, even if it looks like I'm just lying there. Every damn ab is engaged and balancing me in the hoop and holding her up. It's easy to just slip out head first or drop her, trust me.  

a3pBNAA.jpg

That post just made me eat a bologna sandwich with American cheese and drink a glass of milk. I'm gonna nap now and dream of better meats. Then I'll go to the gym.

Edit: oh yeah, dope pose! Is it a pose? Whatever it is it looks cool. And difficult.

Edited by ubkev

That post just made me eat a bologna sandwich with American cheese and drink a glass of milk. I'm gonna nap now and dream of better meats. Then I'll go to the gym.

Edit: oh yeah, dope pose! Is it a pose? Whatever it is it looks cool. And difficult.

Yeah man, I want to go give money to the butcher shop. Looks like good stuff. Young couple, too. Good on them. 

Yep, pose. Getting into it is.. fun. She has to essentially stick her butt in my face while sitting on me to fold in half enough to then stick her face in my crotch. There's no shyness in partner work! Aaand this is also why I've mostly worked with other women. Did some silks partnering with a guy and it was like, oh hello there little friend, I always wondered where you guys put it when doing aerials... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.