The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

• 2 weeks later...

Hiked the "Decalibron" with some friends today, which includes 4 14ers (Democrat, Cameron, Lincoln, and Bross) in an 8 or so mile loop with almost 4000 ft total gain in elevation.

http://www.gohikecolorado.com/decalibron.html

Kicked my butt. Pics in the photography thread. Holy Moses I'm tired.

Edited by biodork

Tried aerial cube Friday night.

Holy crap that sucker hurts. Still would do more, though. 

Our Grand Opening went really awesome yesterday. Now we just need some more regular clientele and I'll be a happy camper! 

My body is so absolutely p!ssed at me. I did f*ck all for a month and a half and then a solid week of heavy aerial work and it is letting me know how not okay with me it is.. 

9K5349y.jpg

Tried aerial cube Friday night.

Holy crap that sucker hurts. Still would do more, though. 

Our Grand Opening went really awesome yesterday. Now we just need some more regular clientele and I'll be a happy camper! 

My body is so absolutely p!ssed at me. I did f*ck all for a month and a half and then a solid week of heavy aerial work and it is letting me know how not okay with me it is.. 

9K5349y.jpg

I saw you on tv this morning!

Josie sighting.

Awesome!!

Yerp.

Got up at 4, was working out and doing rigging on our rickety ladder from 5 to 9ish. By the time a lot of that footage was taken, I was pooped. 

Aaand I still have to teach a class tonight. But opening and all is going well- I think we're getting off the ground pretty smoothly!!! Lots of beginners, a few experienced people- makes for a fun mix. 

Yerp.

Got up at 4, was working out and doing rigging on our rickety ladder from 5 to 9ish. By the time a lot of that footage was taken, I was pooped. 

Aaand I still have to teach a class tonight. But opening and all is going well- I think we're getting off the ground pretty smoothly!!! Lots of beginners, a few experienced people- makes for a fun mix. 

4 AM, eh?

That's Fajr time here in Halifax  :flirt:

Wow, you're famous, Josie!  And looking good, as always.

I almost died today.  Well not really but it was probably the King of Breaking a Sweat in terms of rides.  Due to vacation and then a business trip, I haven't ridden in 2 weeks.  I figured I'd get a ride in this morning before it got hot, but I was lazy getting out of bed and didn't get rolling until almost 10:30.  I was out for about 4 hours.  The ride home was hell.  Seriously.  It was that hot.  I've ridden in higher temperatures, but probably due to the fact that I've put on some weight and I haven't ridden in two weeks, this ride just kicked my ass.  When I finished it was 99 degrees with a 108 heat index.  The last several miles wasn't riding, it was me just trying to get home without heatstroke.  I got some ice from a convenience store and put it in my water bottle, and every half mile or so squirted it on my head to keep my brains from boiling out my ears. 

That's what I call breaking a sweat.

F-X2w9abAS04q72w_upw3TN1L_2400pwYWUmxAeG

Someone left their tree in the middle of the street.
2paAnf6ZhFindCKB_IAiJ8udMJMVXjXy9Gy4GJMC

Edited by Doohickie

I have really been putting off riding this year. First my excuse was legit (letting my ankle heal after break/surgery).

But then the ankle excuse expired, so I finally brought the bike up from the basement. But my tires needed air after the winter in storage. Come to find out, the fine folks at my bike shop sold me a complete flat tire kit without including a presta valve adaptor. Helpful.

Yesterday I finally bought the adaptor and filled up my tires. I know I pissed half the summer away already, but I'm ready to ride.

I know I pissed half the summer away already, but I'm ready to ride.

Excellent!  I was visiting family in Buffalo the week before last, and I have to you, I was amazed at how many cyclists I saw on the roads, not only in Buffalo, but in a lot of the northern cities we traveled through. 

We're getting into "too hot to ride" season here in Texas, which doesn't necessarily mean you don't ride, but you have to make sure you hydrate, plan your ride, get out early or ride late (after sunset), etc.  Yesterday I didn't plan it well and almost ended up with heat exhaustion.  I did a similar length ride today and did much better.  The differences were that I started three hours earlier, rode with a group, and rode my road bike instead of the fixie.  Being able to downshift for the climbs made a big difference.  It was one of the better attended breakfast rides for our club in a while.

20799205_1369779776404242_75744865607509

We packed the small cafe; I was amazed they made room for us.  That's me in the back with the glasses.

20767948_10203537732321659_2138493184128

I have really been putting off riding this year. First my excuse was legit (letting my ankle heal after break/surgery).

But then the ankle excuse expired, so I finally brought the bike up from the basement. But my tires needed air after the winter in storage. Come to find out, the fine folks at my bike shop sold me a complete flat tire kit without including a presta valve adaptor. Helpful.

Yesterday I finally bought the adaptor and filled up my tires. I know I pissed half the summer away already, but I'm ready to ride.

Better late than never! 

Excellent!  I was visiting family in Buffalo the week before last, and I have to you, I was amazed at how many cyclists I saw on the roads, not only in Buffalo, but in a lot of the northern cities we traveled through. 

We're getting into "too hot to ride" season here in Texas, which doesn't necessarily mean you don't ride, but you have to make sure you hydrate, plan your ride, get out early or ride late (after sunset), etc.  Yesterday I didn't plan it well and almost ended up with heat exhaustion.  I did a similar length ride today and did much better.  The differences were that I started three hours earlier, rode with a group, and rode my road bike instead of the fixie.  Being able to downshift for the climbs made a big difference.  It was one of the better attended breakfast rides for our club in a while.

We packed the small cafe; I was amazed they made room for us.  That's me in the back with the glasses.

I'm in the same boat you are, it's almost unbearable. The last time I took a long ride in this weather, I finished off eight 32oz bottles of fluids and I stopped to pee once. 

I was just in Greenville and did the Swamp Rabbit Trail. It was during their heat wave, it was 98° that day and it was much more tolerable than riding down here. The deep south air is different than up north, even at the same temps. 

I just finished mowing the lawn.  Also an ordeal.

Just did mine. Bumped the mower into an old tree stump and guess what!

Bees... f'n lots of them. Little black ones, hornets? Got stung at least 25 times. Hurts like a mf'r.

Welcome to August in Buffalo.

Taught my first class tonight!

It was bungee fitness. It's quite a fad right now. You harness up and essentially bounce/fly around in a dancey/aerobic manner.

Oh my god it kicks your ass. My back and core are just on fire. Everyone seemed to have fun, though! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.