The "I sometimes break a sweat" thread

darksabre

I have a tough time doing enough physical labor to make that work. That being said, I was starting to put on some muscle over the summer when I planted at least 20 shrubs and whatnot (in the crazy rocky soil in my yard), de-thatched the lawn by hand, and then wrestled the gas lawn aerator. Only down side is I was eating a ton too.

Don't get me wrong, it is mostly the volleyball leagues twice a week, but when I demoed the whole back half of my house and redid the kitchen and dining room, I definitely felt much stronger than pre-remodel.

Not saying it works for everyone, just that I know I can't get excited or motivated enough to do the traditional gym workout.

Don't get me wrong, it is mostly the volleyball leagues twice a week, but when I demoed the whole back half of my house and redid the kitchen and dining room, I definitely felt much stronger than pre-remodel.

Not saying it works for everyone, just that I know I can't get excited or motivated enough to do the traditional gym workout.

I feel you, I'm only doing one vball night per week right now, I'd like to do two but I'm too out of shape for that. My feet and knees hated me the last few years.

Glad you brought up volleyball.  I'm looking for a league this summer.  It's been ten years since I've played, so I'd want to start over at beginner level.  Any ideas?

Edited by Eleven

Glad you brought up volleyball.  I'm looking for a league this summer.  It's been ten years since I've played, so I'd want to start over at beginner level.  Any ideas?

There are tons of leagues in the Buffalo area. Are you able to get together 5 other guys that are of similar skill to yourself? If so I can refer you to plenty of leagues based on your location. Were you looking for indoor court or outdoor beach?

If you can't find other people willing to make the commitment to a league, there are pick up games at the YMCA's and random school gyms that you can try to get your feet wet.

Feel free to PM if you want more detail.

There are tons of leagues in the Buffalo area. Are you able to get together 5 other guys that are of similar skill to yourself? If so I can refer you to plenty of leagues based on your location. Were you looking for indoor court or outdoor beach?

If you can't find other people willing to make the commitment to a league, there are pick up games at the YMCA's and random school gyms that you can try to get your feet wet.

Feel free to PM if you want more detail.

I'm definitely looking for something outdoors, does not have to be men only, but I would want to be assigned to a team.  

Agree with this.  When you're at home your wife is likely going to need help for the first two years.  I get an hour lunch so I max my gym time then.  Sucks having to shower at the gym and go back a bit sweaty but you won't feel guilty for not helping with the twins.

Do the long lunch. I bet that'll be easier to make a routine out of. 

Probably going to follow this advice.  

Just found out  Wednesday that I had bronchitis...again.  Sucks because I was really hitting my groove with my new routine.  my doctor knows this and told me no physical activity for at least 2 weeks.  Gah!  :censored:

Are you getting bored by my bike rides yet?

It was a pretty good weekend.  40 miles on the Breakfast Ride on Saturday,

voo3j-KoqLsiWWlR6tIaIvkhcPyvIQ30L7oRJXB8

THIS is why we ride!

ODEDJu8cQKydDroB4AXJS8yCScvsSdmBPnGkBu_L

And this is what I rode.

Sunday I did 28 miles on my fixed gear bike,
hDo-hNEu8Bc9eUpVPqf38oWnaxkSgPSnynkmH0yI
I rode over to Lake Benbrook.  You can see it  reflecting just past the ridge.

iPtknqJls2a-Y87LmjZ5hWl3NZsMiG5GZ4pR1i45

This is where the river trail goes under a bridge.  Off in the distance is a building under construction.

Edited by Robin Egg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.