Trades of Summer 2013

spndnchz

With this logic we trade Vanek for Roy and Luongo's autograph, Stafford becomes Captain and goes to the All Star game, Myers becomes a 30 goal scorer and Crosby is able to grow facial hair.

The only way I see this working in our favor is: Miller for Horcoff and #7. Id save Vanek for a last minute attempt to get either #2, 3 or 4/roster player and prospect. Throw in Stafford for a salary dump and to give the sucker team a warm and fuzzy that we didn't do them like we did Dallas with Roy.

Ok. It cooled a bit and I can give pieces. Obviously it didn't go yet but you'll get the idea.

Pieces;

Stafford

Horcoff

Miller

Okposo

Pedan

Vanek

I stopped after Stafford. So long as he is off the team that is all that really matters, but ...

Stafford and #8 to Edmonton for #7 and Horcoff ... :clapping:

Miller and #16 to Calgary for #6 ... :flirt:

Vanek to Brooklyn for Okposo, Pedan and #15 ... :unsure:

I stopped after Stafford. So long as he is off the team that is all that really matters, but ...

Stafford and #8 to Edmonton for #7 and Horcoff ... :clapping:

Miller and #16 to Calgary for #6 ... :flirt:

Vanek to Brooklyn for Okposo, Pedan and #15 ... :unsure:

That was actually along the lines of what I was thinking. Although I still can't see Miller not blocking a trade to Calgary. Maybe flip Vanek and Miller's destination?

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod 34m

Sabres GM Darcy Regier has been busy working the phone lines, making and taking calls. Unclear, at this point, if anything is imminent.

@RealKyper 8m

Other names coming off 1st yr deals being dropped in #NHL trade talk besides #Bruins Seguin, #Canes Skinner #Sabres Myers. #veryfewofflimits

So, you're saying there's still a chance for explosive ecstasy this weekend? Good, they cancelled the Niagara County car show and I was all in a funk today over it. Something needs to give me a rise.

I would crap if Stafford plus, say 16, gets the Sabres 15 straight up.

wow they cancelled it?

Yes, apparently the fair grounds there are flooded. WTF! It's at the top of a huge hill! I was looking forward to that since March.

I would crap if Stafford plus, say 16, gets the Sabres 15 straight up.

Yes, apparently the fair grounds there are flooded. WTF! It's at the top of a huge hill! I was looking forward to that since March.

Dang. I'm glad I didn't have time to go this weekend. I love that show. That sucks.

Dang. I'm glad I didn't have time to go this weekend. I love that show. That sucks.

And there's nothing like it this side of Caz Creek. If I go to one south of the city, I'd rather drive the modern car.

in an interview with vogl, darcy says there is currently no trade market. he has to be the most impotent gm in the history of the nhl. search the internet darcy! just because no other gm respects you doesn't mean there is no market.

I'm starting to think Vogl overstated the situation a bit with undue finality. A lot can happen in the next 17 hours.

boston needs to move skaters, tampa, philly and Edmonton need a goalie. Carolina is open to moving down the order. why is he saying this?

If you read the quotes carefully, all Regier says is that there's no concrete trade at the moment (hours ago now). Vogl reports this to mean that no trade will take place, but that's not what Regier says. Vogl's usually good, but he could be jumping the gun a little here, and I say that knowing full well that there's a very real chance that he's right.

I asked my dog and he doesn't believe any thing is in the works and would like some kibble.

For weeks we have been having fun going through different scenarios and trade possibilities with one major aspect missing from our logic. Darcy Regier is still the GM of the Buffalo Sabres. This is the time where that reality is going to punch Sabre fans in the face. As I hear about more teams and players possibly being involved that only leads me to believe that Regier and his slow deliberate style is going to left on the outside looking in yet again. Come Monday afternoon Regier will be holding a press conference talking about how the trade market was difficult to read while other teams around the Sabres get better. I hope I am wrong as could be, the past 17 years would say that isn't likely.

in an interview with vogl, darcy says there is currently no trade market. he has to be the most impotent gm in the history of the nhl. search the internet darcy! just because no other gm respects you doesn't mean there is no market.

If it's on the internet it must be true.

Archived